2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit now being made in China

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
We don't pay 'as' much taxes as in Canada but we have created a welfare state here in America too, for all races. Therein lies part of the problem. Laziness and Greed has done us in already.
With greed in mind, why would I pay a union worker $45.00 per hr when I can get the same product for $5 maybe $10.00 per hr. Yes, it make lack in quality but, the market follows the money..
Of course I'm being the devil's advocate Or am I.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by canuck901
in Canada you pay ridiculous amounts of Tax, created a welfare state with all the indians.
I bought my fit sport in the US, paid less tax got a way nicer model then the dumb downed Canadian version.

Ha thats cute! Canadians pay ridiculous taxes? While yours will tend to be higher than mine, try living in Denmark or Norway. Quality of life there, like in Canada is also quite high as a result of those taxes. A relatively homogenous population doesn't hurt of course.

Look to your neighbor to the south if you want to see the nightmares that come with deregulations and drops in taxes.

As far as your welfare comment (and the connotations therein) with regards to the indigenous population, I don't even know where to start with such idiocy.

Welfare in general is a necessity for a first world society. Sure, a small subset of the population may abuse the system, but it otherwise allows those lower on the food chain to keep consuming and while they may not be paying an income tax or a payroll tax they are still paying taxes on several levels. Never mind that it lets them take care of children and other dependents, and allows them to buy things like books for school so we don't wind up with more uneducated, unemployed sociopaths running around.

Economies are driven on demand. Cut the welfare for the less fortunate, which due to our income inequality constitutes a large portion of the population, and demand plummets.

The wealthy are not the ones that drive the economy.

vinny the only union workers I know seeing 45/hr on the paycheck are pipefitters, welders, boilermakers and the operating engineers. I think they earn that if you've ever worked in those industries. The UAW certainly don't see that much, with a few exceptions here and there. Maybe we could examine the benefits and pensions of certain city/state/federal employees... like our congresscritters.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 12-21-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/21/bu...h-america.html

..they gonna @#$# this 1 -up...

Last edited by phenoyz; 12-24-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Interesting version of the Fit! Am I seeing a dual exhaust or fork lift guides lol? Not sure I like the rims. Why did they go with those vs. the one the are on the US market version?

Old 12-24-2011, 02:45 PM
ohw
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by canuck901
in Canada you pay ridiculous amounts of Tax, created a welfare state with all the indians.
I bought my fit sport in the US, paid less tax got a way nicer model then the dumb downed Canadian version.
I was talking about MSRP before tax. Honda charges more in Canada than in US, just like every car manufacturer.

And yes, Canadian pay more tax than in US. I used to live in CO.