2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Ebay armrest opinion

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
SeanPatrickk

Here are some photos of the armrest I got from Zeta Products. I have had it in my car since I bought the car in May 2010.
Thank you so much for posting them! It looks great!
I've went ahead and ordered mine. Can't wait to get it!

As for those saying to throw down the cash and get the OEM -
Sure, I get what you're saying. But once you install the OEM it's installed. Meaning you can't remove it without ti being a PITA. I've read a few people on here who weren't satisfied with the addition. There are also some drill bits I don't own, and while the car is under warranty I don't feel the need for going DIY crazy unless it's on a nav system or map lights.

With this it has a solid body which the ones on eBay don't have. They have skinny necks, just looking at it makes me feel like it will wobble all over. This one appears to have a nice thick plastic body, solid from top down, and sits snug in the holder. Plus, if it doesn't jive it can be removed and put in the basement for a rainy day.

It's different for each of us, but sometimes the most expensive option is not always the best.

Sean

Old 12-14-2011, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Alright just looking out for fellow GE8 Honda Fit owners in the market for an armrest... Here's some pics. Install was simple and includes one screw to lock into place. It replaces one under the felt in the middle back cupholder. Take 2 minutes with a philipshead.

Props to ZetaProducts for having this in two days for $12. Packaging was OK but did expect peanuts and not cheap plastic bubble wrap. As for the unit itself - It's awesome. The plastic that forms the outside doesn't feel cheap and has a subtle slight design imprinted on it. To add class, of course. The stiching is excellent - Better than I expected it to be. And the pleather feels oh so nice. Need to take care of it though (Armorall), seems like it may dry/crack over time.

Sorry for the pics being at night.

Name:  VlUUvh.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  120.7 KB
It meshes well with the interior and fits nice to the center console. Hard to tell it is aftermarket IMO.

Name:  fKIu4h.jpg
Size:  137.7 KB
Another overall view from further away.

Name:  1tNY7h.jpg
Size:  119.1 KB
This latch feels and looks cheap. This is not high grade plastic and if not handled appropriately it will break in a few months time of normal use.

Name:  PfS7Wh.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  130.5 KB
Inside holder pic. Ample storage room to store stuff. I'm a hoarder so all sorts of random stuff will make its way in there. Contains a coin holder as well - Nice additional feature!

Name:  wHNh2h.jpg
Size:  144.9 KB
Clean shot of the pleather.

Overall if in the market, don't go low grade eBay or high grade OEM Honda, get mid grade ZetaProducts. This thing is the real deal. Once screwed in, this thing doesn't move. Nice and sturdy and wonderfully designed.

Image gallery is here: Photo Album - Imgur

Good luck!
Sean

Old 12-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Zeta armrest

Thanks, Susan and Sean, for the pictures and your opinions of your Zeta armrests. I am looking for one that is cheaper and more portable than the Honda one yet better quality than the ones made in China, and this one looks like it will work for me.

I ended up getting the Zeta. It installs easily, doesn't wobble at all and has a lot of room inside. But the quality doesn't seem worth the $93 I paid for it, especially the lift-out tray. I'll try it for a while, but I may end up replacing it with the OEM one eventually.

Last edited by Ricky02816; 12-24-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Update: