2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Headlamps, so many, which ones to choose.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Cipher them thangs is pretty bright haha. I was thinking about getting some projectors, but turns out I cant find any that come plug and play so i guess a retro fit will have to do....Also, if I wanted some LED tails, would those have to be modded as well to get on? or are there some out there that come plug and play?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dazed
Cipher them thangs is pretty bright haha. I was thinking about getting some projectors, but turns out I cant find any that come plug and play so i guess a retro fit will have to do....Also, if I wanted some LED tails, would those have to be modded as well to get on? or are there some out there that come plug and play?
LED tails are plug and play. Check ebay for DEPO or look around for Axxis tails.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by Jamy
LED tails are plug and play. Check ebay for DEPO or look around for Axxis tails.
Thanks bruh. Glad to know there is some shine of hope

Old 12-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by Dazed
Those arent HID's or projector housings.

Just normal Fit housings with PIAA 2500k twin beam bulbs.

Most of PIAA's bulbs with the XTRA markings are very bright. Just pop em in and volah your good to go.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Nokya Artic White is a great budget buy. Great color on the road and at a distance. Only issue I had was there was alot of the blue bulb reflection in the headlight up close.

Last edited by lowkeymods; 12-06-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:50 AM
confused

Alright. So now I'm a lil confused. I was set on buying hids( these specifically) http://www.amazon.com/KENSUN-Xenon-Conversion-6000k-Crystal/dp/B001P1WRXG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top ...and now people are sayin halogens...I have around a hundred dollars and lookong for a clean lpok as well as visibility. Are the hids above crap? And a lot of friends have been sayin to go with ddm tuning hids....HELP

Old 12-15-2011, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
hid's in the fit headlights = big no no

that was with the low beams on only, and it still glared like a mother. i had them aimed all the way down and i could still see the top of trees. i ripped my kit out after the first night, stick with halogens unless you can afford to retro. from my research, philips is the halogen to go with for best visibility.
How the heck did you have that much glare with PnP's here are mine and I never ever get flashed at and they still light up plenty of the road! Eventually I am going to retrofit but I've been saving up for something much needed to the money being spent on the car is on hold.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
See java your glare isn't that bad but it's still two hot spots and wash out for the rest. Projectors don't give that. It's just a blanket of light. Good luck with your retro whenever you do it!

Old 12-15-2011, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
See java your glare isn't that bad but it's still two hot spots and wash out for the rest. Projectors don't give that. It's just a blanket of light. Good luck with your retro whenever you do it!
Oh yeah i totally get its not dispersed like projectors would be which is why i want to do the retro, but ive been able to aim mine so the hot spots don't bother people...they illuminate the road which is the whole point hahaha i was just pointing out that not all kits glare the same way i guess

Old 12-15-2011, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Oh yeah i totally get its not dispersed like projectors would be which is why i want to do the retro, but ive been able to aim mine so the hot spots don't bother people...they illuminate the road which is the whole point hahaha i was just pointing out that not all kits glare the same way i guess
Aye, Different kits/headlight housings will glare differently. Some more, some less than others.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Java, what kit do you have? I honestly blame it on the hidxtra kit I had since it didn't have a glare shield at all. I'm gonna try again with the DDM kit and we'll see how it goes. My civic didn't have any issues with it, and it used an H4 as well.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Cipher
Those arent HID's or projector housings.

Just normal Fit housings with PIAA 2500k twin beam bulbs.

Most of PIAA's bulbs with the XTRA markings are very bright. Just pop em in and volah your good to go.
Cipher, if you're still following this thread, exactly how YELLOW is the low beam on those bulbs? Like really noticeable yellow or just a yellowish tint?

I'd like to get some better halogens and like the results you got, but here in California you'll get a ticket real quick for running yellow bulbs.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
Java, what kit do you have? I honestly blame it on the hidxtra kit I had since it didn't have a glare shield at all. I'm gonna try again with the DDM kit and we'll see how it goes. My civic didn't have any issues with it, and it used an H4 as well.
I have all my kits from Top Speed Performance NY... Top Speed Performance

heres the thread that gets you the kits cheaper with a longer warranty

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-warranty.html

Old 12-15-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jm95286
Alright. So now I'm a lil confused. I was set on buying hids( these specifically) Amazon.com: KENSUN HID Xenon Conversion Kit 9006 (HB4)6000k (Crystal White): Automotive ...and now people are sayin halogens...I have around a hundred dollars and lookong for a clean lpok as well as visibility. Are the hids above crap? And a lot of friends have been sayin to go with ddm tuning hids....HELP
You need to use projectors w/ HID's which will cost at least $300. It doesn't matter how good or bad of quality HID kit you get w/o projectors because the light will go everywhere anyway, including other driver's eyes. I say go w/ PIAA or Nokya for now and save up for a retrofit.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 AM
I did HID conversion to another car of mine. Bad idea. I switched to Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. Cheap and really good.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Cipher, if you're still following this thread, exactly how YELLOW is the low beam on those bulbs? Like really noticeable yellow or just a yellowish tint?

I'd like to get some better halogens and like the results you got, but here in California you'll get a ticket real quick for running yellow bulbs.

Hey hopefully you see this!

I dont know about the US but in Canada we run a DRL (Daytime running light) and the DRL's on the PIAA is a bit yellow/green.

The low beams looking at the car are pretty white. There is some yellow/green but it isnt very noticeable. What you do notice is how yellow/green the light in front of the car is on the low beams.

Here's a shitty FB picture of the low beams. Now I AM at a very low angle to try and catch the green/yellow on my phone camera. Any higher then headlight level and its mostly white.

Great bulbs. I know where I live you need to have "white" headlights and I haven't gotten a ticket yet.

My room mate in his 240 got a ticket after 3 days with his yellow HID's and I've been fine for just about 2 months now. Hell I was even pulled over the other night after driving home from the bar and the officer didnt care.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:26 AM
^That looks completely passable.

Just in time for the holidays, I guess I know what i'm doing with my christmas money lol

Thanks a bunch!