2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Headlamps, so many, which ones to choose.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Do you have High beams???

And that bright of a setup is useless where I live. If it were to snow like a motherfucker light would scatter off the snow and I wouldn't see shit. Hence the 2500k Lows.

And a low beam that birght would destroy your night vision, you wouldn't see shit outside of the lit up area which would also be hazardous if anything decided to wander onto the road.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
If you can't budget a few hundred for good lighting, how did you budget a newer car?

Just asking...

That is one extremely arrogant response.You have no idea what anybody's budget is so you shouldn't comment on someone else's ability to waste money on lighting. The stock lighting is adequate, yes HID is better but many of us find it unnecessary to blow hundreds of dollars for something not necessary. A car is a necessity for most.

Happy you can pay for HIDs without giving it a second thought.
I can afford them, I just consider them a waste of money. To each his own.

Flea

Old 12-04-2011, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cipher
yeah, a shit halogen one that has worse output than the lowbeams glare. another reason why i ripped the kit out, waste of money.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
hid's in the fit headlights = big no no

that was with the low beams on only, and it still glared like a mother. i had them aimed all the way down and i could still see the top of trees. i ripped my kit out after the first night.
So pointing a headlight at the bottom of the refelector didnt help. Did you expect it to?? I believe proper adjustment is in the manual. Also I've had a shitty pnp kit for about 3+ years no problems no blinding other cars no scattered light and I have a cut off that is below the rear window of a lowered sedan from two car lengths. But u do realize some hid kits have a low output/low temp and weren't ment to be brightest on earth.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FLEALAMI
That is one extremely arrogant response.You have no idea what anybody's budget is so you shouldn't comment on someone else's ability to waste money on lighting. The stock lighting is adequate, yes HID is better but many of us find it unnecessary to blow hundreds of dollars for something not necessary. A car is a necessity for most.

Happy you can pay for HIDs without giving it a second thought.
I can afford them, I just consider them a waste of money. To each his own.

Flea
He didn't take it as arrogance (so as it was intended), nor was it directed at you anyways. A new or like-new car is not a necessity for any, really. A reliable and dependable car, sure.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joey_fits
So pointing a headlight at the bottom of the refelector didnt help. Did you expect it to?? I believe proper adjustment is in the manual. Also I've had a shitty pnp kit for about 3+ years no problems no blinding other cars no scattered light and I have a cut off that is below the rear window of a lowered sedan from two car lengths. But u do realize some hid kits have a low output/low temp and weren't ment to be brightest on earth.
i adjusted the reflector using the adjustment screw.

in ANY case, hid's are NEVER supposed to be put in a halogen reflector. reflectors are specifically designed to give the most output with a halogen bulb. hid's glare everywhere because the amount of light they produce drown out how the reflector is supposed to work. in my case with my kit, since the fit uses an h4, my kit didn't have a glare shield on the bulb so they glared everywhere since the reflector begins to act as if the high beams are on since theres so much light going towards it.

i'm not a dumb ass when it comes to lighting, there's tons of information out there.
OP- just research your options first and do whatever you want to do, when it comes down to it, it's your car and our opinion's shouldn't affect how you desire to modify your car.

Last edited by FittedOnEm; 12-04-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
yeah, a shit halogen one that has worse output than the lowbeams glare. another reason why i ripped the kit out, waste of money.
Exactly. Either buy a proper setup for big $$$ or buy Halogens that preform just as well.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Now that I have a new Honda Fit Sport AT, should I consider going to Sylvania Silverstar bulbs in the future?

Old 12-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
Now that I have a new Honda Fit Sport AT, should I consider going to Sylvania Silverstar bulbs in the future?
For a cheap bulb I was told its not bad.

But I'd spend the $100 and get a nice set of bulbs.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member

And that bright of a setup is useless where I live. If it were to snow like a motherfucker light would scatter off the snow and I wouldn't see shit. Hence the 2500k Lows.

And a low beam that birght would destroy your night vision, you wouldn't see shit outside of the lit up area which would also be hazardous if anything decided to wander onto the road.
This guy lives in maryland. It snows quite a bit there. And yes those are bi-xenon FX-R projectors so they do have a high beam. It's holy shit bright and allows you to see straight through women's clothing. Always a plus in my book

Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Look at PIAA's.

They make bulbs that have a 100-130w brightness while still only being 55/60w.

I have the Plasma Ion Yellow H4's that have a 2500k low beam and a normal white high beam (theres some yellow in there too but its really high up and you cant tell unless your facing a wall from 200 feet back.)

They are absolutely astounding bulbs imo. It was $65 a bulb for me (Im Canadian and pretty north so factor that in) and well worth the money.
Any chance of seeing a night pic w/ low/high beams?? I'm definitely interested in those, just wondering if they would be legal here in the US.

K_C_

Old 12-04-2011, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
Silverstars are garbage that burn out early. We tried them in my mother's Element and they burned out at about six months. We're back to OEM bulbs and doing much better. No difference in output really.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:03 PM
jdmjunkie561 - Question

jdmjunkie561 - Where did you get the headlights in your pic you posted. They look incredible!!!!! Thanks

Old 12-04-2011, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Silverstars are garbage that burn out early. We tried them in my mother's Element and they burned out at about six months. We're back to OEM bulbs and doing much better. No difference in output really.
Okay--scratch that idea. How about PIAA 9000 Series Intense White?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DennisCTC
jdmjunkie561 - Where did you get the headlights in your pic you posted. They look incredible!!!!! Thanks
Well I was fortunate enough to get these sets off of a member who had extras! The retrofit were custom made! You can do it to! Just need to but the kit, take it apart (headlights) and install ! One of the best modes done hands down!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
This guy lives in maryland. It snows quite a bit there. And yes those are bi-xenon FX-R projectors so they do have a high beam. It's holy shit bright and allows you to see straight through women's clothing. Always a plus in my book

So true haha. Thanks for the advice guys. So with all these suggestions, I don't want to just buy them from some random site I find online. What are some of the trusted sites I can buy online from?

Old 12-04-2011, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dazed
So true haha. Thanks for the advice guys. So with all these suggestions, I don't want to just buy them from some random site I find online. What are some of the trusted sites I can buy online from?
What are you looking for?

Old 12-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Mostly exterior accessories, headlights, rims, lips and bumpers and what not.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:28 AM
The best I can shoot is a few cell pics. I'll check the rest of my computer for what I got but it probably wont be much.

Although it is 4:30 am and I could go for a drive... (Although Im not to keen on grabbing a cold ass shift knob that weighs over 500g....)

Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Just braved the feeling of a cold shift knob and some cold wind...

Got some decent pictures but my best comparisons between my lows and highs got fked due to a shitty SD card or my camera acting up...

Camera is a Canon XSi with a stock kit lens. Not the best for night shooting but with a steady stand it works....

Location was okay but not ideal for showing the true range on these. Didnt wanna drive far lol. THERE ARE NO LIGHTS ON THE ROAD IM ON. Its a 100% new area, the lights you see in teh backround are lights off a tower and the big road has its lamps.

Heres a shot of my car from a distance with the High beams on.

Again the high beams but with the camera on the roof.

low beams

Low beams. Note, the car is farther back from the other pictures... I found a road sign that made a nice tripod so I moved the car....

There was a high beams pic to match the last low beam pic but they all got corrupted when I loaded them to my pc... Not sure why some shots are doing that... Bad SD card?

Quick Reply: Headlamps, so many, which ones to choose.