2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2012: What is everyone paying?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 09:49 PM
I went to a couple dealers in the Bay Area, CA and the best I could get out of them is $20k out the door ("Today only!" =P). I could not find anyone that could do any better than that.

2012 Honda Fit Sport AT w/o Navigation - No options

If anyone can recommend a dealer than can do sub $20k out the door in/around the Bay Area, let me know.

Last edited by ThatGuyJM; 12-18-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Added transmission type
Old 12-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by ThatGuyJM
I went to a couple dealers in the Bay Area, CA and the best I could get out of them is $20k out the door ("Today only!" =P). I could not find anyone that could do any better than that.

2012 Honda Fit Sport w/o Navigation - No options

If anyone can recommend a dealer than can do sub $20k out the door in/around the Bay Area, let me know.
I gather your looking at an Automatic Trans. at that price? I paid 19.2 for my 2012 Sport OTD with MT so 20K OTD sounds about right for the AT.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone

2012 Base MT $15,565 out the door on 11/11/11. I did my own title and tag work. That price is car and shipping.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
I gather your looking at an Automatic Trans. at that price? I paid 19.2 for my 2012 Sport OTD with MT so 20K OTD sounds about right for the AT.
I think you're right. That's how the market fluctuates, thanks for referral by the way. If I don't get a quote better than $20k, I'll pick it up this week or so.

Funny story (Not really): My urgency for a new Fit was a 6/10 but after 2 dealership visits and on my way to the 3rd, I got T-boned in a slow speed accident. Truck is driveable but not sure if there is frame/serious damage outside of the body panels (I think there is). Now my urgency for a new Fit is 10/10. Fate is funny that way.

Last edited by ThatGuyJM; 12-18-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Fixing Duplicate Text.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:42 PM
I think you're right. That's how the market fluctuates, thanks for referral by the way. If I don't get a quote better than $20k, I'll pick it up this week or so.

Funny story (Not really): My urgency for a new Fit was a 6/10 but after 2 dealership visits and on my way to the 3rd, I got T-boned in a slow speed accident. Truck is driveable but not sure if there is frame/serious damage outside of the body panels (I think there is). Now my urgency for a new Fit is 10/10. Fate is funny that way.
Yikes, sorry to hear about the accident! Could have been worse had it been your New Fit after driving it off the lot.

At least the Fits are on the lot without having to wait and order one so it's just a matter of being comfortable with the price. Have you decided on a color yet?

Best of luck! can only get better now.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:21 AM
woohoo, guess I paid an awesome price

3 days ago I paid $16,600 for a 2012 silver MT w/o navi or any extras what so ever. License and DMV was about $350 and no tax in Oregon. This price was after a $500 credit for financing through Honda, but the dealer did the bait n switch thing on the interest rate right before we signed the contract. It went from a promised 1.9 to 3.24. They did that to get us to drive way out to Salem and then claimed they were "mistaken" on the interest rate. We then walked out of the dealership and was getting into our old car when the big manager came out and said he'd cut us a better deal. We called their bluff. We really wanted white, but no MT whites were even in the surrounding 3 states and only one silver for hundreds of miles. There were a bunch of orange ones, which I wouldn't mind, but my wife really didn't want flashy colors....

Last edited by phrancis; 12-19-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
Yikes, sorry to hear about the accident! Could have been worse had it been your New Fit after driving it off the lot.

At least the Fits are on the lot without having to wait and order one so it's just a matter of being comfortable with the price. Have you decided on a color yet?

Best of luck! can only get better now.
I got in contact with your referral and was able to lock in an OTD price for around $19,800 or so. This is the best deal I found and proves even more so that one needs to do their research and utilize the forums. I would not have had this deal without the help from the Fit community especially, GTRPLYR. Appreciate all the help. If you're local, lunch on me!

Old 12-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I got in contact with your referral and was able to lock in an OTD price for around $19,800 or so. This is the best deal I found and proves even more so that one needs to do their research and utilize the forums. I would not have had this deal without the help from the Fit community especially, GTRPLYR. Appreciate all the help. If you're local, lunch on me!
Awesome, so glad that worked out for you! I had a hunch it would. When do you pick it up and what color did you get?

Yea I'm in SF just 2 miles from the dealership.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
2012 Base MT for $15,561 + 8.31%tax = $16,853 OTD

Old 01-03-2012, 01:16 PM
I just purchased a 2012 base fit three days ago and paid 17500 otd.
The car came with seasonal floor mats, rear tint, wheel locks, cargo tray and splash guards. I think I overpaid a little but I needed a car before the week started.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by Blissx21
I just purchased a 2012 base fit three days ago and paid 17500 otd.
The car came with seasonal floor mats, rear tint, wheel locks, cargo tray and splash guards. I think I overpaid a little but I needed a car before the week started.
I am in LA, and paid 15449 for base auto a few days ago. 17100 OTD. no mats. No tray, etc.I think a little lower is possible but hard.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
I just got mine last month- 19,700 and out the door 20,200. Taxes lower cause I traded in my 09 Fit. My 2012 baby is an auto sport with navi and came with OEM floor mats. Man how I love this car, and it was every bit worth trading in my 09 for it.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
I picked up my 2012 Sport A/T non navi last week for $19,1** out the door. I believe the actual price of the car + destination + dealer installed options after haggling was right around $17,900 total (sticker was $18,5** before dealer installed options). It had a few dealer installed options including pin striping, wheel locks, and some kind of teflon under coating (not really sure what that is exactly). The dealership was trying to meet their goal of 150 cars by the end of February, so that may have helped. I feel like I got a very fair deal and the dealership was great to work with.

Last edited by Bama3Dr; 03-09-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
I picked up my 2012 Sport A/T non navi last week for $19,1** out the door. I believe the actual price of the car + destination was right around $17,900 (sticker was $18,5** before dealer installed options). It had a few dealer installed options including pin striping, wheel locks, and some kind of teflon under coating (not really sure what that is exactly). The dealership was trying to meet their goal of 150 cars by the end of February, so that may have helped. I feel like I got a very fair deal and the dealership was great to work with.
You got taken my friend-- 1st rule never pay for undercoating, it's a joke. They come coated from the factory anything additional is cheap useless spray. Locks are like 40 bucks tops and pin stripping I can always do without. You can usually get destination dropped as well, depends on the demand for the car in your area.

Now is the time to get deals, end of March is when the dealership has to put in it's order for next years models. They have to show good numbers so they can get more new cars on the lot next year. 17ish is what you should hope to pay.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr. Win
You got taken my friend-- 1st rule never pay for undercoating, it's a joke. They come coated from the factory anything additional is cheap useless spray. Locks are like 40 bucks tops and pin stripping I can always do without. You can usually get destination dropped as well, depends on the demand for the car in your area.

Now is the time to get deals, end of March is when the dealership has to put in it's order for next years models. They have to show good numbers so they can get more new cars on the lot next year. 17ish is what you should hope to pay.
That's a little harsh. I feel like I got a fair deal based on the comments of everyone else. It may not be a screaming deal, but a fair one. I wouldn't have asked for the wheel locks, pin striping, or undercoating, but it was already on the car. I actually like the way the pin striping looks on the silver one I got, but I know it's personal preference.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 PM
That's a little harsh. I feel like I got a fair deal based on the comments of everyone else. It may not be a screaming deal, but a fair one. I wouldn't have asked for the wheel locks, pin striping, or undercoating, but it was already on the car. I actually like the way the pin striping looks on the silver one I got, but I know it's personal preference.
Enjoy your fit, anyway.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Fair enough but it is important information. I'm not saying you would've asked for those things, they're items the dealer slaps on at a very low cost and charges a premium.

Sorry for the harshness.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr. Win
Fair enough but it is important information. I'm not saying you would've asked for those things, they're items the dealer slaps on at a very low cost and charges a premium.

Sorry for the harshness.
That's okay. I don't understand why dealers feel the need to put those little extras on the car and try to jack up the price either. The total sticker price with dealer options on the car I bought was $19,700 with destination (without taxes, title, fees, etc.). I'm sure they have it figured out so that they make money on those extras even after haggling or they wouldn't put them on every car.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:43 PM
I've never done this before, but seeing as it's special circumstances
fargo salesman - YouTube

Old 03-09-2012, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Ha!....that was hilarious. I like the Sienfeld episode where Jerry's buying a new car and the salesman finally comes clean and tells Jerry that they don't even know what the undercoating is.

Quick Reply: 2012: What is everyone paying?