2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone have a Revo Technica shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Finally ordered Revo SS. Can't Wait to feel the difference!.

The next thing I might need to get is shift extension as I am pretty sure I can't reach to the some gear after installation of the SS with short arm.

Can anyone share your experience of a shift extender with me please? Is it longer the better? what are the general Pros and Cons ? I see the trend of chopping shifter length but race car esp Rally use extend long shifter.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
I can chime in. I have run a Revo for 2 years on my 2011. My first impression was, shorter shifts are nice but I missed the smoothness of the stock shifter. So I tried a heavier knob and it helped but still not perfect. Then a few weeks back I decided to try a shift extension. I found a 2" aluminium extension on ebay for $8 shipped. I was surprised at the improvement, much smoother and the positioning felt better too. I am very happy with my setup and believe it makes my pretend rally driving even more fun.

Shift extension: 10mm x 1 5 x 2" Shifter Shift Knob Extension 2 inch 2in | eBay

Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
I have the Revo SS, weighted Moddiction steel knob, and 4" bent shift extender. I love it. It does still feel a little "chunkier" when you go into gear vs. stock, but I kinda like that. Makes shifts feel more solid. The SS is going to feel that way regardless of what you do to the top of the shifter because the shift rod is still going to be shorter at the very bottom, beneath the boot and everything. You have less leverage than the longer stock shift rod so that's why you get that feeling of more force required to put it into gear and not quite as smooth feeling. I would definitely say GET A WEIGHTED KNOB whether you get an extension or not. When I first put the SS in I was amazed at how hard it was to get into gear (just using a light weight carbon fiber knob), and then I put the Skunk2 weighted knob on and was blown away at the world of difference that counterweight makes.

Name:  IMG_20130114_142207_zpsf9621fea.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  33.9 KB

BTW, black Bride shift boot from Redline going in later today

Old 02-12-2013, 05:45 AM
jibber, wat knob r u using now? r u getting enough clearance from the vent dial with extender ? would u mind to share a pic of ur setup? does the extender color flush with revo shift stick? i hope, with extender , the join is not so visible cos i want it to look good. lol

meatbaby, did u change skunk2 knob to silver ball knob as per ur pic? also, have u change the shift boot yet. if yes can u show us a pic? is stock boot hard to uninstall? i want gd3 boot but not entirely sure if it will fit ge8. if not i will prolly need to source a short shift boot cos i dont want a tall boot

Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  2013-02-12071748_zpsa5660dd3.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  78.6 KB

Name:  2013-02-12071801_zps0ea48842.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  70.9 KB

Name:  2013-02-12071813_zps1e0f5e82.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  48.8 KB

The color of the extension and lever do not match, but you can pull the boot up to cover it. I find there is plenty of knuckle clearance. I got the knob on ebay: Delrin Shift Knob for Manual Honda S2000 Civic Accord | eBay
Its Delrin, larger diameter, and heavier than stock. They make several shapes and colors. I highly recommend them!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueJazz
meatbaby, did u change skunk2 knob to silver ball knob as per ur pic? also, have u change the shift boot yet. if yes can u show us a pic? is stock boot hard to uninstall? i want gd3 boot but not entirely sure if it will fit ge8. if not i will prolly need to source a short shift boot cos i dont want a tall boot
Yep, it's installed. The knob in the pics is the Moddiction Mini Anvil Stainless Steel - Moddiction Anvil Mini brushed stainless steel shift knob. I changed from the Skunk2 because it was rather tall, what with the adapter nut (to align the shift pattern) and the extension. This knob is WAY countersunk so it's a lot shorter, plus I prefer the feel of the round shift knob. The boot's not hard to UNinstall, but installing the new one can be tricky. Especially if you use the Strut King shift boot adapter like I did - https://www.strutking.com/products/L...Honda%29-.html. Final result is killer though! I don't know about the GD boot fitting the GE, because the base of the GD boot is round whereas the GE is more oval. I thought about it too but decided not to try it, and with the GD boot being rubber it might be hard to get it to form to the GE without wrinkles or something. You can get custom height boots from Redline - Order your shift boots - RedlineGoods leather shift boots. That's what I did. Mine's 1" shorter than stock. Based that on Revo saying the short shifter reduces the height of the shift rod by 1", so made sense to me to get a boot 1" shorter.

Revo Short Shifter
Redline Shift Boot - Black Bride material w/ silver stitching
Strut King shift boot adapter (anodized black)
Garage Defend 4" bent extender
Moddiction Mini Anvil knob

Name:  CIMG1776_zps8c0f9630.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  CIMG1779_zpsd4c8adb8.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  74.0 KB

^Making that knob look HUGE! But it's not, 1.8" diameter.

Name:  CIMG1704_zpsf04f178f.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  68.0 KB

Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
I'm curious to hear from anyone that went with the Buddy Club or the Mugen short shifter.

I mean, they're both going to be nice, but I don't know of anyone that's actually bought one

Was thinking of getting the Buddy Club one, but was told by the rep that the lever itself is NOT any shorter (which I want).

Looks like the Mugen one uses a shorter lever.

Regardless of which brand you go with, does it improve the 'clunky' feel of the stock shifter? Or do you need to upgrade to solid bushings in order to help with that?