2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Question on Wheel Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Question on Wheel Pricing?

What do you guys think is a fair price for a set of stock 2012 Sport Wheels AND Tires with 500 miles on them in perfect condition.

I was thinking maybe 750? Is that reasonable?

Because I Want to upgrade to some lightweight wheels….

Also, What are some good choices, Bang for Buck. Rota's? SSR?

i'm very open to suggestions.. .Thanks guys

Bobby

Old 10-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Old 10-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by Knownlimits
What do you guys think is a fair price for a set of stock 2012 Sport Wheels AND Tires with 500 miles on them in perfect condition.

I was thinking maybe 750? Is that reasonable?

Because I Want to upgrade to some lightweight wheels….

Also, What are some good choices, Bang for Buck. Rota's? SSR?

i'm very open to suggestions.. .Thanks guys

Bobby
i doubt you'll be about to get 750 for those, i sold my 09 rims and it was in pristine condition with tires back in 09 for only $350

Old 10-09-2011, 04:47 AM
Originally Posted by strmslvrfit
i doubt you'll be about to get 750 for those, i sold my 09 rims and it was in pristine condition with tires back in 09 for only $350
Aren't the tires worth about 350 alone? How many miles did your tires have on them?

If that was the case I would just hang on to them as a back up set….

Old 10-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
Specs? What do you like about them besides style...

Old 10-09-2011, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
Aren't the tires worth about 350 alone? How many miles did your tires have on them?

If that was the case I would just hang on to them as a back up set….
If you are patient, you can probably get $500 for them but definitely not $750. The tries may have a "value" of $350 or more from a tire dealer but that makes an assumption that someone would actually want the tires. The OEM tires are pretty bad and in both Dunlop & Bridgestone form, they don't last very long either. There are MANY other tires out there that are cheaper and better so i'd value them at no more than $50 each. Decent Wheels can be had for $100 each new so a set of brand new wheels and Brand new tires can be had for around $700 (16" wheels). I'd value the OEM wheels at about $75 each on a private party sale. Hence the Total of $500 for the wheels & Tires. I'm assuming you will be removing the TPMS sensors for your new wheels? Also, remember that part of the cost of tires is mounting/balancing/TPMS Sensor Install so that in itself will cost the new owner $50 to $100.

~SB

Old 10-09-2011, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Specs? What do you like about them besides style...
Welcome to the FF forum.

TireRack has these. The 15" RPF1 (9.5 lbs) is some of the lightest wheels you can get for the Fit. The 16" isn't too bad either (13.7 lbs). I don't know how much the new '12 OEM alloys weight but some on this forum have reported the 09-11 OEM alloys weight around 18.6 lbs, and the tires around 18lbs.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
I just sold my 09 stock rims, no tires, no tpms for $200 on CL. Two of the four had curb rashes; you just need to be patient if you really want to sell your rims.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
i would buy them if only you lived closer

Old 10-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by blassty
Welcome to the FF forum.

TireRack has these. The 15" RPF1 (9.5 lbs) is some of the lightest wheels you can get for the Fit. The 16" isn't too bad either (13.7 lbs). I don't know how much the new '12 OEM alloys weight but some on this forum have reported the 09-11 OEM alloys weight around 18.6 lbs, and the tires around 18lbs.
what he said... super light. not that expensive. easy to find. look great.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Where are you located? (interested in purchasing)

Old 10-09-2011, 05:00 PM
What would be the amount of gas savings/ handling difference between rfp1 in 15" versus 16"

is it alot different in MPG going down one inch and 4 lbs and do you sacrifice handling...

Old 10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
What would be the amount of gas savings/ handling difference between rfp1 in 15" versus 16"

is it alot different in MPG going down one inch and 4 lbs and do you sacrifice handling...
Your economy should go up (in theory) going to either of the RPF1's because you are running much lighter wheels. The oem setup is around 36lbs (I weighed mine this past spring when swapping out the Winter tires) remember that part of the weight savings of the 15" rpf vs the 16" is the loss of 1" in diameter and that will be made up by the tires having more rubber (granted not 4lbs more rubber but the tires for a 15" will weigh more than for a 16"). I doubt yo'd be able to tell the difference. 5-6lbs from the Stock Wheels to the RPF1 16" wheels will likely be a noticeable difference in economy. you should also see better acceleration and braking as well and the 16" should prove to have a little sharper handling than the 15" wheels.

~SB

Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by specboy
Your economy should go up (in theory) going to either of the RPF1's because you are running much lighter wheels. The oem setup is around 36lbs (I weighed mine this past spring when swapping out the Winter tires) remember that part of the weight savings of the 15" rpf vs the 16" is the loss of 1" in diameter and that will be made up by the tires having more rubber (granted not 4lbs more rubber but the tires for a 15" will weigh more than for a 16"). I doubt yo'd be able to tell the difference. 5-6lbs from the Stock Wheels to the RPF1 16" wheels will likely be a noticeable difference in economy. you should also see better acceleration and braking as well and the 16" should prove to have a little sharper handling than the 15" wheels.

~SB
Didnt consider the extra tire factoring into the MPG, I would probably go with the 16" in that case...

What would be the right size for the Fit, 7.5" x 16"?

Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM
16" should prove to have a little sharper handling than the 15" wheels.
What is this based on? Sidewall height and strength of 15" vs 16"?

15" will see better acceleration and handling provided the sidewall and width stay the same between the two wheel sizes due to lighter weight and artificially shortened gearing.

If you want to keep the same overall diameter (and an accurate speedo) this becomes impossible as the sidewall height and construction on most 15" tires you would need to run to achive this is garbage and is quick to start folding over.

16" look much better on a GE though and say you should get 16" solely based on that, because at the end of the day, to you, it will barely make a difference in either economy or performance.

Also, $300 is a fair price for OEM wheels regardless of tires.

Last edited by Wanderer.; 10-10-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:45 PM
First off $750 is tooooo high. You will never get that. $500 still is a stretch, but not impossible. I say keep them as a back up set as many others have said. Trust us when we say a second set is a good thing to have.

Second a RPF1 is a great wheel to chose, and not expensive at all to get. Used sets can be found for $500-850 with tires ( Hit up mike410b on here for cheap used wheels ). These wheels are also very common with the Honda crowd which is the main reason i dont like them. They are seen Everywhere. It is a great wheel, and thats why they are out there, but many SSR are the same or lighter wheel.

Third 15" is too small for a New fit in my opion. They will look like a concrete cart at a quary. Big cart, little wheels. 16" is minimum to me with a meater tire. 17" fits beautiful, but many will hate the sizing due to common Honda misconceptions.

And forth..Do you plan to lower the car at all? If so on what? This will also decide on a wheel size and choice. Fitament, offset, width, aggressive, useable, hellafrush? All good things to think about.

Again these are just the opions of me a looonnngggg time honda guy. Good Luck to ya.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
What is this based on? Sidewall height and strength of 15" vs 16"?

15" will see better acceleration and handling provided the sidewall and width stay the same between the two wheel sizes due to lighter weight and artificially shortened gearing.

If you want to keep the same overall diameter (and an accurate speedo) this becomes impossible as the sidewall height and construction on most 15" tires you would need to run to achive this is garbage and is quick to start folding over.
Naturally it is sidewall... unless you plan on having your vehicle's speedometer/odometer recalibrated which I doubt the OP's intentions are. Comparing apples to apples... No matter how stiff the sidewall is on a tire, a 16" tire will flex less than a 15" (again, given the fact you are not looking to have to recalibrate the speedometer).

~SB

Old 10-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Naturally it is sidewall... unless you plan on having your vehicle's speedometer/odometer recalibrated which I doubt the OP's intentions are. Comparing apples to apples... No matter how stiff the sidewall is on a tire, a 16" tire will flex less than a 15" (again, given the fact you are not looking to have to recalibrate the speedometer).

~SB

Devil's Advocate, putting more content into thread is good.

How would you go about getting your odo/speedo recalibrated anyway? I've never cared enough to do it but I guess for warranty's sake I would with this car if I got smaller diameter wheels.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Bthasht
First off $750 is tooooo high. You will never get that. $500 still is a stretch, but not impossible. I say keep them as a back up set as many others have said. Trust us when we say a second set is a good thing to have.

Second a RPF1 is a great wheel to chose, and not expensive at all to get. Used sets can be found for $500-850 with tires ( Hit up mike410b on here for cheap used wheels ). These wheels are also very common with the Honda crowd which is the main reason i dont like them. They are seen Everywhere. It is a great wheel, and thats why they are out there, but many SSR are the same or lighter wheel.

Third 15" is too small for a New fit in my opion. They will look like a concrete cart at a quary. Big cart, little wheels. 16" is minimum to me with a meater tire. 17" fits beautiful, but many will hate the sizing due to common Honda misconceptions.

And forth..Do you plan to lower the car at all? If so on what? This will also decide on a wheel size and choice. Fitament, offset, width, aggressive, useable, hellafrush? All good things to think about.

Again these are just the opions of me a looonnngggg time honda guy. Good Luck to ya.
I appreciate the insights.. Yeah for that price I will keep them as a back up set for sure… These tires do suck too,,,, lol anyways as far as suspension I am undecided… Some one said some tein SS I believe? I usually like to buy used parts based on availabilty.. not too picky.. what do you reccomend.. It is gonna be my girls DD, first stick she has ever had… But I will be driving it when we are together.. how much are decent coils versus GC/koni yellow if thats still a good setup lol

Old 10-11-2011, 04:21 PM
how much are decent coils versus GC/koni yellow if thats still a good setup lol
Unfortunately, there's little (no?) aftermarket replacement shocks/struts for the GE yet, I wish Koni/GC was an option

You're going to have to go with a full setup, I think there's a sticky somewhere detailing the majority of the options and you can just google pricing.