2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2011 Sport with Navi question about navi

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
2011 Sport with Navi question about navi

just bought a 2011 fit sport with navi. questions was what is the best budget navi i can install that has bluetooth?

i also want the steering wheel controls to work.

and would it be possible to utilize the mic that came with the car to the new navi/bluetooh?

Old 10-07-2011, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
Why are you looking at replacing the navi with a different Navi system? Just for the Bluetooth?

Get a Bluetooth Add-in like a Parrot system or some other one and keep the oem NAVI system.

What is your ultimate goal? Sounds to me like NAVI & Bluetooth.

~SB

Old 10-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I have the same 2011 honda fit with navi. Where do I find a add-in system for bluetooth? You mentioned parrot... how can I install that or do I have to have a dealership do that?

Thanks!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:57 PM
it doesn't make any difference...ultimately i want to utilize the mic that is already inside the car with the bluetooth...

i dont know if this is possible.

was considering an aftermarket navi b/c the honda navi one sucks.

i know i shoulda gotten a sport w/o navi but i got this for 18,000 OTD, and they didnt have any 2011 sports w/o navi available only 2012 and i wanted to take advantage of the 1.9 apr for 60 months.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:03 PM
You are lucky... I wish I would have waited for 1.9 apr!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krazyangel917
I have the same 2011 honda fit with navi. Where do I find a add-in system for bluetooth? You mentioned parrot... how can I install that or do I have to have a dealership do that?

Thanks!
Amazon.com: Parrot bluetooth

parrot bluetooth at Crutchfield.com

These devices can be easily installed by a car stereo shop or someone who is handy with a pair of pliers, crimpers, & t-taps.

Originally Posted by silversport
it doesn't make any difference...ultimately i want to utilize the mic that is already inside the car with the bluetooth...

i dont know if this is possible.

was considering an aftermarket navi b/c the honda navi one sucks.

i know i shoulda gotten a sport w/o navi but i got this for 18,000 OTD, and they didnt have any 2011 sports w/o navi available only 2012 and i wanted to take advantage of the 1.9 apr for 60 months.
Doubt you'll be able to use the built in Mic. It might even be built right into the head unit (Not sure if it is mounted up high or not on the fit). Even if you could use the Mic, you wouldn't want to. It's likely designed to work best with the OEM Head Unit. I'd stick with matching parts.

You may be able to sell the oem Navi to someone interested and use the $$ to cover something more than a basic navi system.
Either way, here's a link for some Navi units. Crutchfield

~SB

Old 10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
There was just a post recently where the poster stated that they couldn't utilize the stock mic with the aftermarket Navi, but they installed the new mic right next to the stock mic. (might've removed the stock). Can't remember which thread though, maybe i.c.e section?

I thought I was crazy for wanting to switch out the stock Navi (eventually), but I see others have already done it, or are in the process of it. The way I figure about 5-7 yrs from the time I bought the car, the Navi would be outdated enough to be worth it upgrade to a Pioneeer premier navi, especially since I'm not buying those yearly updates from Honda.

The reason I bought my Navi in 2009, was cause I wanted that as a feature, and especially the steering wheel controls (and VSA) which were only available on the Navi then. I looked in to it, and it is more than possible to upgrade your stock Navi with an aftermarket one, and retain steering wheel controls (you or your installer need a PAC SWI-PS adapter or something similiar Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future ). You probably won't be able to retain the stock mic, but any installer can route the new mic right in the stock location. Plus the features of an aftermarket hu make it worth it, but so soon? I can't wait till the day I upgrade mine, I wouldn't mind having the hu integrated with Bluetooth, dvd player, rear view camera, and all the other features they left out of the stock Navi.

But for now I'm ok with my bluetooth headset.