2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What changes do you want see in future Honda Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
I think the GE is great, and the overall platform's formula shouldn't change too much. It's Honda, so these days, I'm not worried that it will.

The only things that would make it better for me are a quieter interior and a 6 speed, but weight cannot be sacrificed. That is the main thing about this car. I hate driving it when it's loaded up with crap, and can imagine how a heavier driver with a slushbox and a full tank would bitch about how slow the car is. I don't find that to be the case when it's in normal street mode. Plenty fun, but knowing how to do performance driving makes just about any modern car fun. I'm easy to please I guess.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bunz559
5 lug
So you have a smaller selection of wheels to choose from?

Old 10-01-2011, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
So you have a smaller selection of wheels to choose from?
IDK about smaller selection. is there statistical data stating that there's more 4 lug wheels than 5?

if there so happens to be a smaller selection of 5 lug wheels, i still would like the 5 lug. why? therefor we have access to purchasing wheels from other honda or other manufacturer cars. DC5 and DC2 type-r wheels would look nice... or how about all the used wheels off of 8th civic and club rsx forums? IDK, there's countless amount of options, if not a larger and more abundant selection in the used category.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
One big thing:
Front passenger seat that folds down flat to improve long cargo hauling. Toyota Matrix has this, so I'm surprised the Fit doesn't.

A few small things, some of which are "optional":

Map lights
console armrest
extra power outlet for rear - maybe one in cargo area as well.
Good floor mats.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
1. better carpeting
2. sunroof option
3. Choice of interior colors for Sport model- black shows dirt & hair too easily
4. hybrid option

Old 10-18-2011, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Most importantly I want:
-keep it cheap and light
-6 speed manual (for fuel econ)
-add a turbo for fuel economy

Secondary wishlist (don't add these if they can't be done cheap):
-more durable paint
-quieter cabin (addressed in 2012 refresh... I should know in a few months how successful they were)
-better tires
-figure out how to shorten the nose and meet US safety reqs (ie: nose similar to Jazz)
-optional XM radio
-a little more torque at low end
-longer warranty
-optional rear disc
-automatic headlight shutoff when accidentally left on
-stronger AC
-defrost that doesn't automatically engage AC system
-aero improvements for fuel econ

They could do some of these and still keep it cheap I imagine. All? Probably not.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Also a fan of the hybrid and sunroof options.

In addition:
13-15 gal gas tank
A/C in the summer than doesn't feel like I lost 50% horsepower

Old 10-18-2011, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Some of theses "wants" are hilarious. Did you look at the car you were buying before you bought it? These things will not be put on the Fit. It's an entry level economy car. If you want the sunroof and the turbo and the better carpet and the xm go get a Golf or a GTI and pay the extra $5k. Cause that's what you'd be paying if honda did this to the fit.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackUp
Most importantly I want:
-figure out how to shorten the nose and meet US safety reqs (ie: nose similar to Jazz)
Mine has the non-Barbara nose and is called a Fit, thankfully as I dislike that Jazz name (used everywhere else outside of Japan, China and North America).

Old 10-18-2011, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
I have another thing to add - a power lock / unlock switch for the passenger side door. It's a bit annoying with it only on the driver side.
Oh, and auto-down switch for the passenger side as well. Wouldn't mind it for the rears either.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
Seriously, Have you ever seen someone on a Jetski not smiling?

Aye, That is fun but it's not a Honda/Acura. Triumph does build some badass bikes though.

Go get some 5% tint on it then.
I have the tint.

The question was what would you like to see in a future
Fit... presumably from the factory.

I'd prefer factory privacy glass rather than a tint film.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
more cupholders
i lol'd hard. successful troll is successful.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
I just want an Si model. My wife loved the Fit and wouldn't go for the less practical and, we both agreed, less attractive Civic Si. A Fit Si (meaning complete drivetrain 6-speed and 2.0, and brakes from the Civic Si) would have met both of our needs.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:02 AM
It would be cool to see the Fit with a K series motor. A Fit Si would be nice to have and if it existed or around 19k then we would have got that instead of the 2012 Sport MT

There is not a single vehicle in the market place that could compare to a Fit Si.. Not a one, in this day and age with every manufacturer doing the copycat it would be nice if Honda made a unique model.

There is no reason Honda shouldnt build the Fit Si or CRZ Si except for the fact they probably lose money on each one.

I know they lost money on the S2K.. thats why they stopped making it.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
No way a Fit with a K goes for near 19k. Even if the ¥/$ was equal at 100/1 the RS Fit here already sells for ¥1.9 million. Drop a K and the price is going to climb to around ¥2.3 million at least, because it's not as simple as just dropping in a K, much work needs to be done to the chassis so that it fits decently, passes crash tests with flying colors as the current model does. So take that ¥2.3 million and turn it into the worthless $uck of today and the price would be close to $31k. My RS when I purchased it back in November '09 when the $ was going for 88/1 still cost me close to $23k, today it would be $26.5k. If anything, Honda is losing money big time on every car it sells in the US that is made in Japan right now.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 10-19-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
The American $ is weak. Honda is smart and keeps their funds here so the current exchange rate doesn't negatively effect them. The price they currently get for a Honda Fit Sport is considerably more than any car in its class that is even close to it in specs. The Civic Si Sedan stickers at $22,405. Honda could offer the Fit Si with the same drivetrain for $21,995 and I would be at the dealer tomorrow to get one.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
No way a Fit with a K goes for near 19k. Even if the ¥/$ was equal at 100/1 the RS Fit here already sells for ¥1.9 million. Drop a K and the price is going to climb to around ¥2.3 million at least, because it's not as simple as just dropping in a K, much work needs to be done to the chassis so that it fits decently, passes crash tests with flying colors as the current model does. So take that ¥2.3 million and turn it into the worthless $uck of today and the price would be close to $31k. My RS when I purchased it back in November '09 when the $ was going for 88/1 still cost me close to $23k, today it would be $26.5k. If anything, Honda is losing money big time on every car it sells in the US that is made in Japan right now.
thats what the salesman told me, that they are not making any profit on the fit, i guess he is saying the truth after all...
so thats why honda plans to bring it to mexico...
are all fit made in Japan? what about the fit that they sell in asia?

Last edited by phenoyz; 10-19-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
The American $ is weak. Honda is smart and keeps their funds here so the current exchange rate doesn't negatively effect them. The price they currently get for a Honda Fit Sport is considerably more than any car in its class that is even close to it in specs. The Civic Si Sedan stickers at $22,405. Honda could offer the Fit Si with the same drivetrain for $21,995 and I would be at the dealer tomorrow to get one.
Brah, if honda makes a Fit Si with the same drivetrain as a Civic si sedan I will be at the dealer yesterday ready to trade in and get it. I'll even take it in freaking hot pink if its the last one they have.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
I'm pleased as can be with the GD3 I have had for 60 months... I think that the updated GE was a mistake, as was the stupid USDM bumpers that causes the front lip to ground out by arriving at every slight incline long before the front tires do....If you want perfection buy a BMW motorcycle because it don't get any better than that.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
How about 2 trip odometers. Should cost about $.00 at the factory.

Quick Reply: What changes do you want see in future Honda Fits?