2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Floor mat question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Floor mat question

So i have a set of Weathertech mats for the Fit, but there is nothing to clip them on to in the front, so they just end up sliding around and the one of the driver's side ends up getting underneath my clutch pedal. Is there a solution to this? Thanks!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
I have the weathertech digital floor liners and they do not move-- they fit very snugly. If you have mats, maybe you can velcro in place.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texture
So i have a set of Weathertech mats for the Fit, but there is nothing to clip them on to in the front, so they just end up sliding around and the one of the driver's side ends up getting underneath my clutch pedal. Is there a solution to this? Thanks!

All our Fits have clips at the back just under the seat. All the aftermarket mats we have installed have worked well when matching holes and reinforcements are putin the floor.
On other cars we use short screws screwed thru the mat into the carpet to hold in place.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:14 PM
I got the factory floormats and the clips came with the mats. The car itself didn't have clips. I had to install the ones that came with the mats.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PoliceCallBox
I got the factory floormats and the clips came with the mats. The car itself didn't have clips. I had to install the ones that came with the mats.
Hmm, i dont recall the mats coming with the clips

Old 08-28-2011, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
All our Fits have clips at the back just under the seat. All the aftermarket mats we have installed have worked well when matching holes and reinforcements are putin the floor.
On other cars we use short screws screwed thru the mat into the carpet to hold in place.
Where can i get these screws? Thanks

Old 08-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Hmm, i dont recall the mats coming with the clips
Maybe that's because you got the Weathertech mats and I got the Honda factory mats.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I ordered the Weather Tech floor liners through JC Whitney. It has been nothing but a headache. Never will I order from them again. The front one and the rear one arrived on the same day. The cargo mat came a week or so later. The rear one was for a Ford Taurus, Ford 500, or Mercury Montego. I sent it back and yesterday finally the replacement arrived. Guess what? Same one they had sent before. They say the order number for the Fit is the one they are sending me. When I call JC Whitney, it usually takes 35 minutes or more. Most emails they do not answer. Did you have a hard time getting your second row floor liner? Does it fit? I also thought it would be higher quality for the price paid.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah i have weathertechs and mine came with 2 clips that you press and screw into the carpeted floor. If you look at the drivers side mat you should see two small holes where the hooks fasten. There were no clips for the passenger side tho, only driver.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:24 AM
mahout - you guys securing the pass OEM all weather mat down? I've been trying to figure how? My dealer gave me a pair of clips, but I'm lost trying to get the grommet that goes in the mat, like on the drivers side. Parts gut drew a blank on them.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member

No definitely there's no contest between the generic one and the digitally fit. I just got mine the other day and they are great. The floor mat is working fine although it gets over the other side of my vehicle. Such a nice stuff!

Old 12-19-2011, 08:07 PM
I have the digital fit. I don't think here are any clips, but they don't slide around.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:42 PM
My (used) Fit came with the Honda rubber floor mats as well. The driver's side one always end up under the clutch pedal. It's now a habit of mine to pull it back every so often. Very annoying. I don't remember getting any sort of "clips" for them. Is there anything I can do to get them anchored down?

Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by neutral
My (used) Fit came with the Honda rubber floor mats as well. The driver's side one always end up under the clutch pedal. It's now a habit of mine to pull it back every so often. Very annoying. I don't remember getting any sort of "clips" for them. Is there anything I can do to get them anchored down?
On mine ('12 Sport) there are two anchors that attach the mat to the floor. My car came with the OEM rubber mats as well as the standard carpet mats; both of those have holes for those anchors. They do not slide around at all.

The anchors can be purchased from Honda. They're cheap. This link has the drawing and parts breakdown; The "Holder, Floor Mat," as they call it, is part 019 with a required order quantity of two. I'm not sure if it will require cutting a hole in the carpet to mount the anchor or not, but I'd say that you'd have to. No big deal, really. I'm not 100% certain that this is the exact part across all GE8 model years, but you can use that site to search for your year, specifically.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by ShadowMoses
On mine ('12 Sport) there are two anchors that attach the mat to the floor. My car came with the OEM rubber mats as well as the standard carpet mats; both of those have holes for those anchors. They do not slide around at all.

The anchors can be purchased from Honda. They're cheap. This link has the drawing and parts breakdown; The "Holder, Floor Mat," as they call it, is part 019 with a required order quantity of two. I'm not sure if it will require cutting a hole in the carpet to mount the anchor or not, but I'd say that you'd have to. No big deal, really. I'm not 100% certain that this is the exact part across all GE8 model years, but you can use that site to search for your year, specifically.

Hope this helps.
That helps tremendously. Thank you. I found a picture of the clips, and I actually think I have them somewhere in the back of my fit. I had no idea what they were at the time. I'll have to see if I can find them. Thanks again!

Old 12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
No Problem! Just realized I forgot to post the link:

Honda Automotive Parts