2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MT fit sports hard to find?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by DoYouFit?
There's going to be very little 2011 Fits left. 2012's are rolling in. Southern California already has a few on the ground. Northern California will be getting theirs in September.
Are you sure about this? I think normally they announce pricing just before the cars get to lots and I haven't seen that yet. Also, no inventory websites have any 2012s listed.

I only ask because I don't want to wait until November for a 2012 but I'd wait until September!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
^ Just got one in today in a NorCal dealer.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1027031

Pricing and information are on the Honda website. As far as I know, they will be trickling in throughout September.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Spoken for? Could you tell me which dealer? MKane

Old 08-26-2011, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mkane
Spoken for? Could you tell me which dealer? MKane
I will send you a PM shortly.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by madsedan
It was a little difficult here in Dallas but I found a great deal on a certified used 2010 at a Honda dealer.
If you are in a smaller city try looking to larger markets near you. Stuff where you can fly in and drive back easily in a day. I was considering doing that because I couldn't get a dealer around me to sell me a new one without $2k worth of dealer "protection package" crap on it, non-negotiable is what they told me. I was considering going to Louisianna or Oklahoma where the demand was lower to get a new one.
My kinda buyer In FL they were trying to add a $600 dealer fee, non negotiable of course. Well it is negotiable, but I would have visited some friends in NY where the fee is limited by law to $49 to beat the stealership!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi All,

a brand new FitFreak here!

We just picked up our '11 Fit sport MT in the Detroit metro area.

It turned out to be an EPIC search to find a MT version but we lucked out and found one locally in a dealers back lot that somehow didn't make the list that is searchable by the dealer network. our dealer was kid of stunned themselves when they stumbled upon it. on 2 occasions we did not get back to dealers fast enough and the cars were gone by the time our dealer called to confirm.

we were looking for Orange Revolution and wound up with the dark Pearl Blue.

after driving both the AT and the MT we both like the MT better...a personal preference....I see advantages in each.

guess i better head on to the intro forum to officially introduce myself now...

Cheers,
Sean

Last edited by LennonCS; 08-26-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Almost any car is getting harder to find with an MT. I knew even for an "economy car", the Fit Sport MT's were hard to find, but I literally did an interwebs search and found 2 in Indy. Although it was a little bit of a drive (I live in NW Indiana), I drove down the same day and picked it up. Then again, I wasn't too picky on the color this time (I usually prefer TW). They had a CBM and a MR...MR is usually all I see the Sport's in, so I went with CBM...

Old 08-27-2011, 12:23 PM
in Montreal (QC,CANADA), when i went to the dealer the told me the same thing !!!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Sounds awesome you guys! Maybe I'll have them do searches for out of state and just pick it up.. That or maybe they will get one in before I do that? I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by DoYouFit?
^ Just got one in today in a NorCal dealer.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1027031

Pricing and information are on the Honda website. As far as I know, they will be trickling in throughout September.
Lucky I bought mine like 2 weeks ago at a dealer and done a search and found only 5 MT and none were in Cali.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Yea I had like 3 honda dealers including super store out here in cali and could only find one mt out here when I was looking 5 months back. One.. I was like wow, last of a dying breed. Guess where that one is now?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
When I was looking up to about a month ago, there were 2 or 3 in the Washington DC area, and 1 in Ohio. I picked up the Ohio 1 about 2 weeks ago. Like hen's teeth. If you are going to get one, the Mugen short-shifter is almost required; the stock shifter is like a boat tiller.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:09 PM
I'll be placing a deposit with a local dealer. Do I want an AT? Driving lot's of hills. It's my understanding the paddle shift only works for gears 1-3. Am I right on that?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Only you can answer that. For me, an automatic is not even a consideration. I've had a manual in every car since my first Civic in 1982, well, except for the minivan, but no manual available, and it was for the wife.

If you drive in the hills, I would suggest a manual. I haven't driven a modern auto (last one was the 2000 Mazda MPV mentioned above), but having an auto hunt for gears is supremely aggravating to me. I can choose the proper gear for the situation just fine, thank you very much. ;D

Old 08-29-2011, 05:40 PM
If you're driving on canyon hilly roads then its not an issue. If you're doing lots of city hill driving like if you're in San Francisco then you'll need to practice your handbrake on hill starts from a dead stop.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Lots of back roads driving around here. Got to Tahoe in the summer to fish every other week. The road to home is steep. Not to worried about acceleration, once up to speed it's all good. Suppose I need to drive one.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Goodluck with the search! Took me months for a MT and when I insisted on a TW one they laughed at me, but eventually found one the week of the earthquake. Keep checking cars.com daily.. have you asked them to search the surrounding states??

Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
I found my MT after a friend suggested I check autotrader.com. I didn't know they listed new cars. I'm not so good at interwebbing.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Found One. Lot's more torque than our 08'. Wander's all over the road, need to check tire pressures.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 PM
I like the 2012!!
But yeah, I wouldn't consider an auto in a fit either. I don't like the look of the shifter or the feel of them personally. They just feel slower and more sluggish than the manual fits. And I don't really see the point in the paddles much when they don't stay in the paddle mode the whole time. I'd rather have the normal 3 2 and L modes because they would at least stay in the lower gear.

And Ill definitely check out the auto trader site, I didn't know that either. And I'll keep checking the cars.com site as well. But I still need to have my dealer search out of state, I haven't gone in and asked yet.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: MT fit sports hard to find?