2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Why does everyone do the exact same mods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
In a lot of cases, certain products rise to the top, and most people buy them because they are the best, or best value among other similar products.

I'd like to see people experiment with NOS a bit more, and of course, custom turbos. I didn't buy this car to do that stuff to it, but once it's paid off and out of warranty, I might.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Lyon, I didn't get the chance to respond back to your last thread.

I'm still hell bent on the remote turbo idea. Even If I can't boost with it at least I tried and I will have most of the components for a proper build. I think with a small turbo I will make low boost. I just want my fit to have a set of balls and not necessarily the biggest set. My goals could change over time. What appeals to me is being able to return to stock without evidence of the mod.

You brought up some of the same concerns I have...like what if something hits the charge pipe. I plan to jack my fit up a few inches...A little more in the back than the front for an aggressive stance. The only time in my life I ever ran over anything that hit the bottom of my car was an overgrown possum, but it is a real possibility.

Feeding the oil to the turbo is the biggest obstacle. I was thinking of using a used motorcycle oil tank, a pump and a small oil cooler close to the turbo.

My first step is buying a harness, a controller and learning the software. Any advice on a controller to get? Thanks

Old 07-14-2011, 04:36 PM
This is nothing new, for every 1 truly unique import there are 100 with I/H/E, wheels. This does not only apply to Fit owners, but across the board really.

Most people don't have the technical expertise, tools, or time to do any really groundbreaking stuff but still enjoy messing with their car a little bit. As far as the Fit goes those that do have that knowledge realize there's not that much value to dollar on a Fit as far as modifications go... you can pick up a 90s Civic and build something that will destroy a Fit in basically every category for a fraction of the price. No hate talk, I love my car but I realize it's limitations.

That and people want to keep their warranty.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
anybody have one of these????

im sure someones gotta have one of these.

this car was made to be an eco car not to be modded. but we all do what we can to make it our our even though some parts may be the same.

Last edited by Previc93; 07-14-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
Lol wait you just realized this and you are modding a Honda? You didn't know that there is only certain mods that aren't flamed and hated and if you don't do those mods you are a ghey ricer? Well let me be the first to welcome you to the hate filled world of Honda tuning.

I am kidding (well partly kidding) but I hate it also. I have gotten endless crap about some of the mods/parts I chose for my EG but thats what I like so screw the haters. I mod my car because I want it to be different and I hate when people tell me that I have to mod my car to look like every other modded civic like it. As for the Fit well there is just so much less availible than a civic or integra thats why many have very similar parts/mods.

To each there own while I may not like your car and you may not like mine I respect good work and interesting ideas.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
my GE is bone stock... only thing i added was a auto-dimming mirror with compass, iginition key ring LED, and a LED for the cup holder area so that i can see down there at night... oh and snow tire set for winter.

i think the car looks great in stock form, so no mods needed.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
I see anything with an engine and wheels as raw material that can be improved upon in some way or another... I think the Fit whether it is a GD or GD are great looking, fun to drive, practical cars...Except for a little spray paint to cover paint the was chipping off and a longer antenna so I could listen to more than one or two songs before I lost the signal all of my modifications have been oriented toward improving performance without limiting where I can drive or how long I can stand to be inside it.... I don't give a whole lot of thought to how it looks.... My Fit is exactly five years old today so it is about time to spend a day doing the annual washing ritual after it cools off enough for me to fabricate a few brackets and other things needed to install more performance oriented items under the hood and bracing on the bottom side of it.... It is over 105 degrees in the barn and a big shop fan just isn't getting it.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Very simple the Fit is still a new platform with a not so big market for parts. So there is only so many options out there sooner or later some one will get the same parts. It happens with all cars. Look at Evo,Sti,S2k. There is plenty of parts out there for these cars and many different mod paths but sooner or later someone will have the same mod and part. Than some one will like it and say i want that to. That is humans look at clothes do you wear something no one else does. Or even electronics say the iphone right the first couple hundred people that got one said i have a rare phone a month later every one and there 10 year kid had one LOL.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
I know you guys aren't here just for my entertainment but it's been quite a while since I thought "Damn, that's creative!"

Also, what's going on with all the gauge pods. I don't believe in such frivolous things. Muahaha:

Old 07-14-2011, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kevinkidstar138
Down for a turbo kit group buy. Then wed have some "difference" in mods. Our cars aftermarket support sucks and it won't get better. Exhaust intake coils or springs. Wheels tires. That's it. I mean theirs spark plugs. Batteries brakes. Etc. But for the most part there is not a lot to choose from.
I'm down for a turbo kit, anyone else?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
anybody have one of these????

im sure someones gotta have one of these.
Hey where did you get that?

Damn i didnt notice it wasnt a ge.

Last edited by myblackhatch; 07-14-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Not for my car
Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
Why does this thread come so soon after my thread. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ngs-build.html make me feel good about myself.

I only refer to my antenna and little things as mods because in the fit world they are.

Im waiting for hasport to release a k20 mount kit. Then we will see the ge8 fit scene taken up a few steps.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Get in the zone - Au-To-Zone. Well the gauge pods look marginally better than autozone.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 07-14-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kirinzon
Lyon, I didn't get the chance to respond back to your last thread.

I'm still hell bent on the remote turbo idea. Even If I can't boost with it at least I tried and I will have most of the components for a proper build. I think with a small turbo I will make low boost. I just want my fit to have a set of balls and not necessarily the biggest set. My goals could change over time. What appeals to me is being able to return to stock without evidence of the mod.

You brought up some of the same concerns I have...like what if something hits the charge pipe. I plan to jack my fit up a few inches...A little more in the back than the front for an aggressive stance. The only time in my life I ever ran over anything that hit the bottom of my car was an overgrown possum, but it is a real possibility.

Feeding the oil to the turbo is the biggest obstacle. I was thinking of using a used motorcycle oil tank, a pump and a small oil cooler close to the turbo.

My first step is buying a harness, a controller and learning the software. Any advice on a controller to get? Thanks
A remote turbo is basically a way to turbo charge a car with no room in the engine bay. The new v-8s just squeak into the engine bay of the new cars and there is no room for turbos. I did find this writing that talks alot about what your looking into. http://www.wpi.edu/Pubs/E-project/Av...FINALPAPER.pdf

Old 07-14-2011, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
That a pillar pod was made by me and my wife... mostly my wife... I took a 3 pod a pillar from an eg and I custom molded it to my a pillar. And paint matched. And no it wasn't bought from vato zone! One of a kind!

Old 07-14-2011, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Go figure, niw it's my turn to feel bad. Im sorry. Now that I'm not looking at it from the puny screen on my phone, it does look quite professional. I thought I could see the seam where it was cut and stuck on with double sided tape like the autozone ones. This is clearly not the case. Also didn't think it was yours. Very good. That's what I get for never going on the GD forums.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 07-15-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:04 AM
this thread is depressing..

Old 07-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Wink Well...

Neither I nor Fitfreak is responsible if you partake of this mod...

I build race engines and you know it is true because I typed it on the internet.

The way to increase the engine HP by 100 hp is...

You drain all the oil out of the engine, then run it at maximum RPM's for 5 minutes...

Then you tear apart the engine squirting 5 drops of marvel mystery oil on top of each piston, re-assemble and run the engine again at maximum RPMs for 5 minutes.

Then you fill it with oil, only to drain all of it out to remove the mystery oil, and you refill only with pure synthetic.

This will break in your engine much better than the Honda engineers procedure, and once again I build race engines on the internet so you know I am not just feeding you a line of bull.

If you end up blowing up one or two engines like our friend Lyons don't worry about it, as once you get this procedure down you will have a 200 hp Fit engine that gets 50 mpg...

Old 07-15-2011, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
If you use Lucas UCL I promise you'll get 50 more hp than MMO.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
Also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with conflicted goals. I still can't convict myself to jettison 70 lbs of subwoofers and amps.

Quick Reply: Why does everyone do the exact same mods?