2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

the dreaded scrub and scuff marks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
the dreaded scrub and scuff marks!!!

Ok so I park in a driveway with several other cars and even though I explained to them to back out slowly someone f'd up and scuffed the drivers side front bumper just under the headlight.

Its slightly noticeable and pissing me off...any ideas on how to deal with this?

I was thinking of sanding it down and using touch up paint but would like to bbrainstorm other options like coating the bottom bumper with that stuff they use on pickup flatbeds. Thoughts?

Old 06-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Take the least aggressive approach and work up from there.

Try buffing it out with some all-in-one type product first. If that doesn't work you can move up to polish/compound. Wetsand as your last option.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Find out who did it and make them buff it out.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by SJFit
Find out who did it and make them buff it out.
this.
Its hard to have anything nice and keep it nice. personally i gave up years ago and am much happier and stress/worry free now. I park anywhere, i don't flip out if someone sits on my car, parks too close or worry about a shopping cart hitting it or waste time and money on waxes...cause eventually, at some point, scuffs, scratches, scrapes and dings WILL occur regardless of how hard you try.
especially gravel, amazing how many scratches i've gotten from the occasional rock flinging in the air. at some point years ago i just realized i can't keep up with that new car look.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by soulfly
this.
Its hard to have anything nice and keep it nice. personally i gave up years ago and am much happier and stress/worry free now. I park anywhere, i don't flip out if someone sits on my car, parks too close or worry about a shopping cart hitting it or waste time and money on waxes...cause eventually, at some point, scuffs, scratches, scrapes and dings WILL occur regardless of how hard you try.
especially gravel, amazing how many scratches i've gotten from the occasional rock flinging in the air. at some point years ago i just realized i can't keep up with that new car look.
Whoa! I wish like hell that I could somehow adopt your mentality, I guess it's just not in me...