2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

help with installing camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Mark W. is Mark Wertheim, owner of Core Performance Automotive, one of the top race and hot street car builders on the East Coast. Famous for some of the fastest cars in the Northeast and Central Florida. Famous as rally car driver for Subaru America. Mark W. is me. I sign my name to every post as my way of saying that I stand by my statements as a man, and as a professional. I'm old school like that.

I don't care if you want to drop internet knowledge, but I was trying to refine your point. You weren't wrong, just a bit off. If you want to get butthurt, don't put it out on a public forum- PM me and tell me that you're sore that I wanted to adjust what you said to make it correct. Don't act like a baby. I'm a man, and I act like one. You should try the same. Again, not an insult- a challenge.

My low post count does NOT mean low knowledge- it means my wife has only had a Fit for a few months. Sure, you may know more about the platform than I do. I'll handily admit that my mods so far have been pretty softcore, as it's her DD, and I want to keep it tame, especially for our dreaded NY winters. But don't for a second think that I don't know exactly what I'm talking about. Read some of my posts, or at least my about me bit. I'm a professional in this field, and I've been trained by some of the best (Hondata, AEM, Koni, and Phoenix Performance/Racing may be a few you've heard of) to know exactly what I'm talking about.

This, and my above posts, are NOT meant as personal attacks. A forum is meant to allow people to express themselves. When knowledge is presented, it is discussed. I was merely correcting a minor mistake. I am really a nice, goofy guy who loves to laugh and have fun. If my comments came across as rude or harsh, they were not intended as such.

I'd really not like to see this guy's post about cam bolts (which I personally hate, as they tend to bore out the bolt holes over time and cause more trouble than they're worth. This is what causes the issue you'd mentioned where potholes and such cause increasing static camber change issues over time) turn into a pissing match. That's not why I'm here. I'm here as a professional looking to help folks, and learn something about the Fits as I go.

So, please, take this as an olive branch, understand that my intentions were good and friendly, have a beer, and relax Life's good! Enjoy, as a friend- Mark W.

Last edited by thaduke2003; 06-17-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Making it easier to read :)
Old 06-17-2011, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
there you go quoting this mark w guy again :P

Old 06-17-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure if I like you, or want to hit you Let's get this thread back on track, though- so, cam bolts- yep... cam bolts... Mark W.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, when im 100% i will read your post. -Mark W.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phuzy
im guessing one for each side is good, i dont want it to have any cambering
huh?

If you don't want any cambering... why are you bothering with the bolts then?

If you're implying that you want to "correct" the camber in the stock suspension... you can just loosen up the nuts and push it around, the stock is only off by 0.1 degrees, no need for camber bolts.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
huh?

If you don't want any cambering... why are you bothering with the bolts then?

If you're implying that you want to "correct" the camber in the stock suspension... you can just loosen up the nuts and push it around, the stock is only off by 0.1 degrees, no need for camber bolts.
shit already bought the bolts, mind as well use them right?

Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Not necessarily. See if your alignment shop can get you back to spec without them. It's adding one more thing that can fail, or cause problems, that you might not need to. It may cost you more if you end up needing them, as you'd then need a second alignment done (if your shop is a bunch of jerks, but I'd ask them first), but at least you tried
Also, any monkey with a decent metric socket set, a jack, and a 18" breaker bar can install these- DIY, man- Mark W.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by thaduke2003
Not necessarily. See if your alignment shop can get you back to spec without them. It's adding one more thing that can fail, or cause problems, that you might not need to. It may cost you more if you end up needing them, as you'd then need a second alignment done (if your shop is a bunch of jerks, but I'd ask them first), but at least you tried
Also, any monkey with a decent metric socket set, a jack, and a 18" breaker bar can install these- DIY, man- Mark W.
okay ill go in tomorrow and get an alignment done. and ill ask if i need camber bolts. i was planning on installing the bolts myself cuz they were gonna charge me 50 bucks for 25mins worth of work.