2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Progress 19 mm rear sway bar no fit my 2011 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:50 AM
I did neither. I put a jack under each side- you can compress the rear springs with a good bit of hand pressure- I only had to push the (IIRC) passenger side spring a bit out of the way. Whole thing took maybe 15 minutes, total- Mark W.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Banned
No need to remove the springs. It is a little difficult getting the allen wrench in there but it's worth it to just leave the springs in place.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 PM
FiTyogi & danlisahall:

Any recent word from Progress?

Old 06-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Progress rear anti-sway bar resolution

I ordered my replacement rsb #62.1061 anti-sway bar for 2009-2011 Honda Fit vehicles as a replacement from progress yesterday afternoon. They said it would be a few weeks to get them made and shipped. Below is the email I had received previously. Progress is an Excellent company to work with.
"Our records indicate that you have purchased our newly-released #62.1062, CR-Z / Fit rear anti-sway bar. Since shipping your order, we have learned that this new application is correct only for CR-Z vehicles. The #62.1062 lacks proper clearance for installation on late Honda Fit applications. If you ordered #62.1062 for a Honda Fit, please contact us and we will immediately issue a UPS Call Tag for the product. We will issue you a full credit for the purchase upon receipt of the item.
You may place an order for the correct #62.1061 anti-sway bar for 2009-2011 Honda Fit vehicles as a replacement on our website. Please note “NEED FIT REPLACEMENT, inv xxxxx” in the COMMENTS box, and we will invoice the replacement correctly."

Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Spoke to Progress today. The had about 18 (forgot exact #) of the older Fit RSB (#62.1061I) made & just got them in the warehouse. Mine shipped this afternoon. Will post again once I get it & bolt 'er up, hopefully this weekend (track day on Monday - whoo hoo!).

Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thaduke2003
Hmm- it fit my 2010 Sport no problem- I'd hate to say it, but I'd put money on it being mis-aligned or somesuch, as there weren't any major changes to the '11's that would cause this, unless Honda blindsided us all, which, again, I doubt- Mark W.
Did you get #62.1062 recently for your 2010 Sport? If so, then maybe the torsion beam is really different on the '11.

Originally Posted by danlisahall@comcast.net
Spoke to Progress today. The had about 18 (forgot exact #) of the older Fit RSB (#62.1061I) made & just got them in the warehouse. Mine shipped this afternoon. Will post again once I get it & bolt 'er up, hopefully this weekend (track day on Monday - whoo hoo!).
I'm glad I found this thread, I placed an order on the RSB the first day of June from another vendor and he said that #62.1061 is not available after two weeks of ordering and that it has been superseded by #62.1062. The vendor gladly refunded my order.

I just sent Progress an email to see if #62.1061 is available now, and if it is I'll buy from the source instead of vendors. If any of you get your replacement cars, can you please let us know whether or not there's a new part number, or if it's #62.1061, and please let us know how it fits?

edit: I meant to say bars, and not cars lol...

Last edited by DoYouFit?; 06-23-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Progress shipped yesterday. Should be arriving at the end of today. Will install 4th of July weekend.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
I got an email from them saying they're not available maybe they just have enough bars to replace for those who ordered the CR-Z RSB.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by DoYouFit?
I got an email from them saying they're not available maybe they just have enough bars to replace for those who ordered the CR-Z RSB.
Yeah. That's probably what happened. Hopefully you get in on the next batch.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Received my bar today. Can't wait to install next weekend.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Couldn't wait to install it so here it is:

Driver's side

Passenger's side

Middle section

With sticker (can't see it when its off the stands & jack)

Last edited by adlai3; 06-25-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
very nice. how's the fitment, no issues i assume? dying for this to become available.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Good news -- thanks for the Pics. I am gonna get started on mounting mine in a couple hours - as soon as I get home from work.

How long did it take you? I struggled with getting the allen wrench seatted properly on the passenger side due to the position of the spring, was much easier on driver side -- did you have any similar difficulty? Any tips to share???

With your photos I can now easily see why the 1st bar I got didn't fit properly. As can be seen from your photos the 1061 model is straight & mounts below the cross member. The newer 1062 is a totally different shape & curves upward toward the chassis. The 61 is probably 2-3" lower - apparently they were trying to get the newer bar to to tuck up higher.

Last edited by danlisahall@comcast.net; 06-25-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by DoYouFit?
very nice. how's the fitment, no issues i assume? dying for this to become available.
Fitment is good. Definitely no issues. Haven't driven it yet but I will in a little bit. Like the DIY sticky thread said, one of the bolts will be hard to get in. The middle hole on the passenger side is blocked by a part of the spring. My brother helped me out with that though.

Modding is addicting...

Old 06-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by danlisahall@comcast.net
...How long did it take you? I struggled with getting the allen wrench seatted properly on the passenger side due to the position of the spring, was much easier on driver side -- did you have any similar difficulty? Any tips to share???
It took about an hour. I've never worked with a floor jack & stands before. I wanted to make sure the car didn't fall on me.

That middle bolt was the only one that gave me trouble. After getting it past the plastic thing, positioning the allen wrench was hard too. It was losing a little bit of the thread so I put a flat head to lift the plastic part of the spring, made sure to press down really hard on the bolt and I was able to finish.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
>>That middle bolt was the only one that gave me trouble. After getting it past the plastic thing, positioning the allen wrench was hard too. It was losing a little bit of the thread so I put a flat head to lift the plastic part of the spring, made sure to press down really hard on the bolt and I was able to finish. <<

Ditto what Adali3 said. Actually the problem on the passenger side is the rubber pad that the spring sits on partially covers the bolt hole. I took a razor knife & cut away a peice - took some effort as the pad quite thick & there is not much room to attack it. But once it is cut away, it was much easier to get bolt head to lay flat. Even then, there is very little room to properly get the Allen Wrench into the bolt head -- just takes some patience. I have no idea why that is only on the passenger side!

1st time it probably took me an hour, this time 20 mintues - already had the pad cut away & it is always easier the 2nd time around! Fits perfectly, no banging & cornering is much flatter. Car feels great.

While I wish the 1st bar had worked, Progress provided a quick response plus a modest discount for my trouble & all is forgiven. Monday I get to learn the limits of my fun little econobox at Seattle International Raceway's Performance Driving Class -- can't wait!

Old 06-28-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
interestingly, in your pics, the wheel chocks are on the wrong side of the front tires. raise the rear, chock in front.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by wontfit
interestingly, in your pics, the wheel chocks are on the wrong side of the front tires. raise the rear, chock in front.
I put a wheel chock on the front of driver side tire and on the back of passenger side. It can roll either way even if I only raised the rear.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:53 AM
etf
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by adlai3
That middle bolt was the only one that gave me trouble. After getting it past the plastic thing, positioning the allen wrench was hard too. It was losing a little bit of the thread so I put a flat head to lift the plastic part of the spring, made sure to press down really hard on the bolt and I was able to finish.
When I installed mine, I simply jacked up the passenger side enough to unload the rear tire, removed the bottom shock-attaching bolt then jacked up the passenger side till the RR suspension was in full droop. This affords you easy access to all the bolt locations (on the driver side too). When you're done attaching the sway bar and torquing the bolts, you let the car down till the rear tire contacts the floor and re-attach the bottom shock-attaching bolt then let the car down the rest of the way and you're done! It took me about 1/2 hour.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Enzo Jr: Good suggestion on disconnecting the shock. I considered doing that, but wasn't sure if it might be more difficult to reattach.

I was amazed at what my little ol' Base Fit with the Progress 19 mm RSB could do on the track. Attacked corners at speeds I would never have dreamed of attempting on the street. Very stable, flat cornering, tail wagged slightly a couple of times when track got a little wet but never got into trouble. VSC never kicked in which was amazing to me -- not sure what it takes to kick it in -- serioius skid I'm guessing. Even the brakes held up well, I was concerned that with very heavy braking almost continually for 10-15 laps I would encounter fading.

Very pleased with this simple addition to my Fit. More later.

Last edited by danlisahall@comcast.net; 06-29-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Progress 19 mm rear sway bar no fit my 2011 Fit