2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Crap floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Tencho
I sell HONDAS for a living, the FIT is NOT Honda's most economically priced vehicle! The CIVIC DX Manual is the cheapest new HONDA money can buy! at least here at my dealership...and the Fit SPORT, is more expensive than the LX Civic...so just because it's the smallest honda, doesn't mean it's the "cheapest"
that does not mean the Fit is not a cheap car. cause it is...look at it!, look at the materials used, look at the brakes, tires, low guage wiring, noisy interior, uncomfortable seats...LOOK AT IT!!!
its a cheap car, it is priced accordingly for its class, no its not the cheapest Honda makes but material wise its no better either. It is however one of..if not the cheapest next to fiesta i believe, of the crossover/hatchback class of cars.

i know, i have a cheap Honda civic, $14k at the time. Has the same or similar cheap carpet, plastics...etc. its all there in both cars. The differences are not the materials, its the features mostly, my Civic has no power windows..etc, not a hatchback and has less HP..things like that. Though its as plain as a car can get, the Fit has more going for it but materials used is not one of them. It can almost look as if they took the old base model Civic, raised the rear to open into a hatch, added a slightly upgraded motor, then added some basic power equipment thats been around for some 30 years or longer and slapped an almost modern HU and that pretty much seems to wrap it up as far as the differences i see between the two i own.

Last edited by soulfly; 06-19-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tencho
I sell HONDAS for a living, the FIT is NOT Honda's most economically priced vehicle! The CIVIC DX Manual is the cheapest new HONDA money can buy! at least here at my dealership...and the Fit SPORT, is more expensive than the LX Civic...so just because it's the smallest honda, doesn't mean it's the "cheapest"
Come on...if you sell Honda's you should realize The Fit is Honda's entry level vehicle. Just because there are permutations of The Fit..that might be more expensive than other stripped down permutations of The Civic, doesn't mean The Fit isn't the entry level Honda.

And I purposely never said cheapest...I said economically priced. Semantics...but important to the debate...

Like most automakers Honda mirrors or trys to mirror others. I think it goes, Fit..Civic...Accord...like for Toyota it goes Yaris...Corolla...Camry..

The Fit has it's own sub category..as a hatchback and sub-compact..but the Civic is in a whole other class...The Civic competes on a whole other field.

My post have been in defense of The Fit..but objectively, I would call The Fit...Honda's most economically priced vehicle...

Old 06-19-2011, 05:24 PM
I had a 2007 Fit Sport and I got the OEM mats and after a month or two they were starting to wear down. Now I got a 2010 Fit Sport and got the All-season mats now and they are nice.