2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Sick of it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Sick of it!

It seems like everywhere I go, I've got some haters. People always comment on me driving a fit! Is it because I'm 20 years old and I drive a jelly bean, or do others get this too? Bugs the h3ll out of me!

/ragequit

Old 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, it happens... America loves big trucks, SUVs, etc... so we don't "fit" in their paradigm of what an American should be driving. Oh, well... I'm 44, successful career, and I drive a modded Fit, skateboard, & do other things "normal" middle-aged white guys don't do.

You'll be okay, just be yourself.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
^lol. I agree that the majority of people just don't understand why we would drive, much less mod, a Fit. I try to do everything from a mostly practical standpoint, so the Fit falls in line with that. I have no use for a powerful car as a daily driver, just a fun car.

I've had my fair share of hate, my car was egged twice in two weeks before it was even modded.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think the Fit is a small car, in fact its a micro-van
its not that "very fast" but i am very sure
my 2011 m/t sport is NOT slow, and this is driving in California highway

Old 06-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Vanct
^lol. I agree that the majority of people just don't understand why we would drive, much less mod, a Fit. I try to do everything from a mostly practical standpoint, so the Fit falls in line with that. I have no use for a powerful car as a daily driver, just a fun car.

I've had my fair share of hate, my car was egged twice in two weeks before it was even modded.
Be sure your next mod is a cow catcher and you'll Fit right in!!

Old 06-04-2011, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
While at the gas pump today, I was making my way to the front of my car to lift the hood and check fluids when I noticed a group of four eyeing my car as they were walking by. One of the guys said to the others, excitedly, "nice, that's the honda fit." One responded, "it looks fast." The excited guy replied, "yeah, it's nice."

You'll get the compliments and you'll get the haters. Welcome to being a young guy driving a honda. You'll get fools in camaros and mustangs rev challenging you at red lights, you'll get "cute car" comments, you'll get mini minivan comments. Brush off the negative comments and accept the positive comments humbly.

At the end of the day, I laugh at the guy in the trans-am next to me at the red light rev challenging me and motioning to race. He's a neanderthal. I usually have fun with him. I get all focused and in a caricatured racing position trying to egg him on and when the light turns green and his testosterone levels are red-lined I don't leave the line until he's through the intersection. If I ever catch up to him down the road (and he usually slows down considerably as if to make sure I get one more look at the man who out-manned me) I get into this cheesy position of holding onto my steering wheel like reins on a horse and I bounce my arms and body like I'm riding a horse as I pull up next to him. If he shows any signs of displeasure, I throw him a cheesy smile, a wink, and a wave.

The most important thing to remember is that it's your car. The moment you start changing your car to fit into what other people want your car to be, you lose it and it's no longer fun for you. Just do you.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
I actualy have not gotten any haters in some time...though I hope to find the guy in the Lincoln that called me a fag for driving a fit when my car is all done

Old 06-04-2011, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
I just tell people that it holds me, my significant other, my little girl, my dog and all of my crap for the days activities. They laugh and say that so does their mini-van/ SUV/ luxury car.

I then tell them mine does all of that while getting 42mpg.

The conversation is usually over at that point.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
I had a redneck in a big pickup at a stoplight roll down his window and ask me "what's in that thing?" then he rev'd his engine, to which I replied "lawnmower engine" and then the light turn'd green and I destroy'd him. feelsgoodman.jpg At the gas stations I've gotten hate, but then I just point at the price sign for gas and bust out laughing in a real condescending way, usually they turn around when I do. youmad.jpg

I've gotten next to no hate since I went turbo though, It was the n2o that got me most of the ricer jokes.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitSSM2k10
It seems like everywhere I go, I've got some haters. People always comment on me driving a fit! Is it because I'm 20 years old and I drive a jelly bean, or do others get this too? Bugs the h3ll out of me!

/ragequit

Nevermind, I'm bored of making fun of the 'frushness

Old 06-04-2011, 06:44 PM
I haven't had any hate for driving a Fit, but more for buying a Honda.

"It's not American" or "It's not made by UAW", etc.

I just tell them if an american car company would make something like the fit, with the reliability of a Honda, I'd buy it....

Old 06-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm a teacher and one of my students giggled at my car when her dad pointed it out in the parking lot at the school. She said "His car is so small!" Needless to say, when I heard this, I gave her detention.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by FitSSM2k10

/ragequit
I'm 54, live in Texas and drive a Fit.

Now there is one thing to understand about Texans... they love their LARGE gas guzzling SUVs, pickup trucks and vans.

I've had the odd comment here and there but just shrug them off knowing I am very happy with the Fit that has been relatively inexpensive to purchase and operate.

I love the utility, reliability and gas sipping nature of the Fit.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Been out of high school for a while and all my old high school buddies talk all kinda smack about me for selling my 4-wheeler to get a fit. I'm the only one of the group with a house, family(or intact one!), and decent career.

Owning a Honda fit is a symptom of a sensible mind. I could afford a faster cooler car, but just striking the best compromise possible. I like my fit.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
I had a redneck in a big pickup at a stoplight roll down his window and ask me "what's in that thing?" then he rev'd his engine, to which I replied "lawnmower engine" and then the light turn'd green and I destroy'd him. feelsgoodman.jpg At the gas stations I've gotten hate, but then I just point at the price sign for gas and bust out laughing in a real condescending way, usually they turn around when I do. youmad.jpg

I've gotten next to no hate since I went turbo though, It was the n2o that got me most of the ricer jokes.
lol too bad we cant all go turbo
I get the same though. Some people poke fun at my car, some like it. It is what it is..

Old 06-04-2011, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
lol too bad we cant all go turbo
I get the same though. Some people poke fun at my car, some like it. It is what it is..
I get a little bit of tailgating, but my favorite is when I take the offramps smooth but fast. They are so focused on "my little car in their way" that they nearly skid off the road and wreck behind me because they don't realize how fast I've led them into the turn HAHAHAHAHA

Old 06-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by jondotcom
I get a little bit of tailgating, but my favorite is when I take the offramps smooth but fast. They are so focused on "my little car in their way" that they nearly skid off the road and wreck behind me because they don't realize how fast I've led them into the turn HAHAHAHAHA
Yeah man, same here... there is a section of road I take regularly that twists
'n turns with some straight sections.

Some try to follow but cannot... then they speed up and tailgate again to read the signage on the back of the Fit.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Man. You guys have it easy, I'm about to buy a Miata. No I'm not gay, a 40 year old woman or a man in his mid life crisis. LOL

Old 06-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by jondotcom
Owning a Honda fit is a symptom of a sensible mind. I could afford a faster cooler car, but just striking the best compromise possible. I like my fit.
Yup, I'll get my midlife crisis fun car when I actually get to my midlife crisis. Doing it now is a huge waste of money.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Speaking of tailgating... We have a strip of road here in Connecticut that is home to a popular nighttime car enthusiast scene. Specific fast food parking lots have become designated as specific automotive categories (imports, domestic, audio, etc.) Depending on the weather, things can get pretty crowded. Contrast to the enthusiasts who are respectful of their host turnpike, the pike usually draws a crowd of idiots.

Speed limit 50. Two lanes. Third day with the car. Partner and I went for a nighttime cruise with the windows down. I was going 45 in the right lane getting passed by everyone. Soon after I drove past a Taco Bell I began to realize I was no longer being passed and I had a car on my tail flashing its highbeams and swirving in the lane. I dropped down to 40 hoping I'd soon get passed. No luck. 35, nope. Car backed off a little and I was able to see behind it, about 8 cars were driving behind me. This went on for about 3 miles. I then noticed a car in the left lane slowly creeping up, incrementally riding alongside each car behind me for 10-20 seconds before moving up. Red light.

It was an unmarked police officer who had pulled up right next to me. Nothing. Light turned green. He didn't budge. I looked over and he rolled his window down. "What's with the convoy?" he asked. "I have no idea, I've been wondering the same thing for the last 5 miles and was hoping you'd be able to shake them off me." "Have a good night" he replied as he pulled a U-Turn and went on his merry way. Thanks for nothing! Moved on through the intersection as the cars began to switch lines and pass me. I winked and blew kisses at every fool that passed.

Quick Reply: Sick of it!