2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I'm back!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm back!

Long story short,

Jan '09 I buy a stormsilver Fit Sport. Loved the car. Halloween '09 I trade it towards an '09 CR-V for various reaons. Dumb move, because I never acclimated to liking the CR-V. I kept looking longingly at Fits.

Fast forward to beginning of May '11. I see a used stormsilver '09 Fit Sport w/nav and also 40k miles, but in great condition with a bunch of extras. Dealer wanted too much so I walked. Then last Thursday after I tell them the pay off on the CR-V, he contacts me within an hour wanting to sell the Fit to me tax title and license for far lower out the door than 3 weeks ago, even including the negative equity on the CR-V. FAR LOWER!

Anyway I'm back in my "cool little car" and couldn't be happier.

However some questions:

It seemed with my original '09 it was easier to keep the mileage avg above 30mpg, even with driving around town. Now I struggle just to keep it within the low end of the 27 city mpg. Is this normal? Is there some kind of break in period even though it was a certified pre owned car? Thanks for your responses.

Best,

Dave

Old 05-30-2011, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by D.S.Brown
Long story short,

Jan '09 I buy a stormsilver Fit Sport. Loved the car. Halloween '09 I trade it towards an '09 CR-V for various reaons. Dumb move, because I never acclimated to liking the CR-V. I kept looking longingly at Fits.

Fast forward to beginning of May '11. I see a used stormsilver '09 Fit Sport w/nav and also 40k miles, but in great condition with a bunch of extras. Dealer wanted too much so I walked. Then last Thursday after I tell them the pay off on the CR-V, he contacts me within an hour wanting to sell the Fit to me tax title and license for far lower out the door than 3 weeks ago, even including the negative equity on the CR-V. FAR LOWER!

Anyway I'm back in my "cool little car" and couldn't be happier.

However some questions:

It seemed with my original '09 it was easier to keep the mileage avg above 30mpg, even with driving around town. Now I struggle just to keep it within the low end of the 27 city mpg. Is this normal? Is there some kind of break in period even though it was a certified pre owned car? Thanks for your responses.

Best,

Dave

If your first 09 never had its ECU flashed with corrected MPG data maps then it was reading 10-15% higher mpg than actual. See the service bulletin sticky above for details.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve244
If your first 09 never had its ECU flashed with corrected MPG data maps then it was reading 10-15% higher mpg than actual. See the service bulletin sticky above for details.
Bingo.

I'm' guessing that in Nov 09, the ECU hadn't been reflashed.

OP, did you ever calcluate your economy on the old fit? I'm guessing no as you would have known that the computer ran approx 4mpg high. A reflashed 09 would be anywhere from 3-5mpg lower on the computer but calculated would obviously remain the same.

that said, my last tank was 41.67mpg

edit: ... that's calculated

~SB