2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

[Which Color To Choose??] Torn among 3 choices for 2011 Fit Base

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 AM
[Which Color To Choose??] Torn among 3 choices for 2011 Fit Base

Hi everybody I am new here. Just discovered this forum over the weekend.
I am looking to get a Honda Fit Base however cannot decide which color to go for. This is my first new car and I plan on using it for a long long time, so color choice is nonetheless very crucial!

Basically 3 choices:
Vortex Blue Pearl
Polished Metal Metallic
Alabaster Silver Metallic
(I like the Celestial Blue Metallic too but that color seems very hard to get)

My main concern is:
1. warm inside? (live in FL hot place!!)
2. stay clean longer?

I really like how the Blue Pearl looked in the show room, however I was worried it might look dirty all the time (and show scratches easy). On the other hand the Metal Metallic is a bit too dark a grey for me, although I still think it looks good (I wish they still have the SSM, but of course who doesn't). I know the grey would require less cleaning and also seems to be a popular color so maybe an advantage if ever need to sell. Silver is a color that I don't particularly love or hate. I can deal with it, but it is also very generic (no offense silver car owners).

So, please give me any advice you got. I would especially love to hear from Blue Pearl color owners talking about how much effort needs to be spent on keeping that car look clean and nice. I need to make a decision fast so I can inform the dealer to look for me.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 AM
I was torn between the vortex blue pearl and the metallic orange. the choice was made for me when i could only find it in vortex blue XD...

even though it a pretty dark car it doesn't show dust or dirt very easily IMO, I live in a fairly dusty valley and within a day my new fit has a decent coating all over but you couldn't tell unless you were up close looking at it.

cant wait to hear what you end up getting ^^

Old 05-23-2011, 02:04 AM
i'm all about SSM and starting to like Polished Metal Metallic so usually that's what i would recommend, but it seems you really like the blue and if your only concern is keeping it clean and scratch free i'm sure you will go the extra mile to take care of it once you make the color choice

Old 05-23-2011, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by pandaFIT
i'm all about SSM and starting to like Polished Metal Metallic so usually that's what i would recommend, but it seems you really like the blue and if your only concern is keeping it clean and scratch free i'm sure you will go the extra mile to take care of it once you make the color choice
It all depends on if it is a huge difference. I don't plan on washing the car more often then probably once 2/3 months (I know I know that is horrible)...

Is the Celestial Blue Metallic anything like the SSM? I am looking at the little brochure I got from the dealer and the color looks almost like a blend of the silver and the grey!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by two_way_mirror
I was torn between the vortex blue pearl and the metallic orange. the choice was made for me when i could only find it in vortex blue XD...

even though it a pretty dark car it doesn't show dust or dirt very easily IMO, I live in a fairly dusty valley and within a day my new fit has a decent coating all over but you couldn't tell unless you were up close looking at it.

cant wait to hear what you end up getting ^^
My dealer has no base model so he has to find one for me anyway. Does the color become dull after a couple days? I think that attracts me the most is the blue shimmer color/effect...

Thanks for the input!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:51 AM
If you're not planning on washing your car often, get white. Hides scratches the best.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
I vote PMM.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by GGPJON
I vote PMM.
How dark is it in person? I saw a couple pictures but they all seem so dark almost charcoal.
If it is dark grey does it show dirt easily?

I do like the color a lot because I think it is practical and stable, however on the other hand some part of me want a more vibrate color.

Celestial Blue Metallic looks somewhat good in certain pictures. Wonder how that looks in person.

Thanks for the input! PMM is indeed a great color.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by centralharbor
If you're not planning on washing your car often, get white. Hides scratches the best.
I try to stay away from White, Black and Red cars in general. Black and Red cause one is too dark and one is too obvious. White is just not my cup of tea for a car... maybe will change when I get older.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by Chasy Price
How dark is it in person? I saw a couple pictures but they all seem so dark almost charcoal.
If it is dark grey does it show dirt easily?
regarding PMM, are you familiar with lexus's smoky granite mica? they're very close in tone and shine. it's pretty dark, but very sleek

EDIT: actually a more comparable and common car is the 2010 honda accord, i'm sure you've seen a ton of PMM accords running around

Last edited by pandaFIT; 05-23-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
Taffy white

Old 05-23-2011, 06:38 AM
[quote=Chasy Price;996269

Basically 3 choices:
Vortex Blue Pearl
Polished Metal Metallic
Alabaster Silver Metallic
(I like the Celestial Blue Metallic too but that color seems very hard to get)

My main concern is:
1. warm inside? (live in FL hot place!!)
2. stay clean longer?
[/quote]

My choice is Alabaster Silver Metallic.

I have owned a couple of Silver vehicles and always find they look cleaner for a longer period of time.

They are also reflective so I imagine they are a little cooler than a darker vehicle.

For staying cooler, get tint and use an inside windshield reflective screen to keep the sun out.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
They all look good when they are new... Be sure and get one with manual transmission because they are a lot more fun to drive.. Consider weather you intend to do any cosmetic changes to the car after you get it and what color will look best with the type of changes you are likely to want to do to it... If I was going to buy a new Fit I would go for a base model... They are cleaner looking and can be lowered to improve handling without have ground clearance problems that the sport models come with in stock configuration.. Just add Swift Sport Mach springs and 15X7" Enkei RPF1 wheels and you will have a great little runabout that is fun and hassle free to drive and maintain.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
In a hot climate, go with a lighter color. Alabaster Silver from your list of choices. Although the Fit looks amazing in Taffeta White. I was torn between the 2 Blues available in 2010 and went with the lighter color-Tidewater Blue- (a silvery bluish)does not show dirt much. If you are not a fanatic about washing your car--lighter colors show less dirt, too.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not a big fan of white in general, but it really looks good on the Fit. (mine's silver). Especially in FL. The Fit's A/C is not overpowered so any help reflecting heat is a plus. Consider white.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
I vote for Polished Metal Metallic because I am an absolute sucker for dark grey.

Vortex Blue and Polished Metal both will show scratches and dirt/rain spray more easily because they're dark colors. If Vortex Blue is remotely similar color wise to Vivid Blue Pearl (see my sig) or if Polished Metal is similar to BMW's Space Gray it would hide dirt/rain spray well from a distance. But once you're with 15 feet of the car, you'll know its dirty.

Alabaster Silver wouldn't show scratches very well since it is a very light silver that at some angles in the sun seems almost white; in addition to that, it would seem slightly darker/duller if it were covered in rain spray. Can't say anything about Celestial Blue since I've only see one on a cloudy day and that Fit in particular was filthy.

As far as inside temps just drop the windows when you get in, set the fan speed on high with A/C on, and drive for a bit to let the hotter air blow out. Once its out, roll up the windows and you should be good to go. Window tinting helps a bit too.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:45 PM
My dealer just called and said he managed to get a Vortex Blue Pearl already and it is going to be there this afternoon... I guess that is the end of the struggle.

I think I am going with what my heart follows. Every time I see that blue I feel energized. After all I am only 23 and this is my first new car. There will be many new cars coming in the future and I can pick more practical colors for them then! For now I will enjoy my Vortex Blue Pearl until it becomes super filthy or scratchy....

Thank you so much everybody for giving me advices. This forum rocks!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
I love the darker blue, too. My dealer was not able to find me Blue Sensation Pearl within 500 miles when I bought my car least year. Now they have the new Vortex
Blue and it is really gorgeous. Looks very similar to Blue Sensation--although vortex is a cooler name

Old 05-23-2011, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
/ \
/ \
| |
| |
| |

Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
White and tint the windows.

Also, trade me your headlights. I much prefer the base headlights over the sports.

Quick Reply: [Which Color To Choose??] Torn among 3 choices for 2011 Fit Base