2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Help With cross bar (x Bar) for Rear Interior?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Help With cross bar (x Bar) for Rear Interior?!

noticed that Fit4Kim has one and Ghettoboy247 has one

Ive been trying to get ahold of both with no luck.....

does anyone know if any companies make one for the ge8? through research I have not found anything but maybe I missed something

would a custom fab be another option?

anyone with experience let me know!

thanks guys!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Name:  2010-10-05102544.jpg
Views: 2729
Size:  96.8 KB

Old 05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
lol looks pretty legit

I had the X bars before for my GD3. Im pretty sure they would fit the GE8.

I guess i noticed a little difference with them on the track but not daily driving. After you spend a bunch of time at home depot and money on various hardware and spacers, you can get it super tight and noiseless.

also, if you look at my strut tower bar, it does not attach to the top of the struts, that does absolutly NOTHING! mine attached to the rear seat belt striker holes to the actual car's chassis. if anything, this would work the most.

the bars were purchased from here
2 X http://www.advancespeedshop.com/pill...92-p-9724.html
2 X http://www.advancespeedshop.com/pill...88-p-3344.html

and the strut tower bar is a cusco knock off by a company called DME. got it off ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DME-J...Q5fAccessories

then I went custom..

CUSTOM > ANY BOLT ON "brace"

Hope this helps some.

also I think T1R makes GE8 specific bars for an arm and your first born.
http://www.aj-racing.com/shop/produc...4&cat=0&page=1

Last edited by JCrimson; 05-10-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Custom fabrication.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:45 PM
so JC it was nothing but a loud pain in the ass? just with the original bolts it was loud and loose?

seems like if you only felt a tad bit difference at the track its not even worth it

Old 05-10-2011, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kevinkidstar138
so JC it was nothing but a loud pain in the ass? just with the original bolts it was loud and loose?

seems like if you only felt a tad bit difference at the track its not even worth it
not really a pain in the ass but i bought some cheap ass bars, then spent more money on hardware and then all the time of ever so carefully aligning them and seeing what else i needed. it ultimately cost more than the "good deal" i was getting... also the bars are really really hollow. yes if i pulled on them they would move my car but even with them HELLA tight, i could still flex that bar as i moved my car. and OMG the squeaking.. was like having a bunch of annoying birds in my hatch. but i did fix the noise with more money in spacers and hardware.

You are better off gaining this amount of rigidness by just a C pillar bar. a nice one.

either way, i think its a total waste for performance to get these now that i know what a full cage feels like. before when i had the x bars, the placebo effect took place and i really thought it made a difference. then i took them out and dropped my car off to be imprisoned by 1.5 inch DOM steel. now, it is impossible to deny the added effect. when i go over speed bumps, and my front tire hits the speed bump, if you look at the rear on the same side that my front tire is lifted due to the speed bump, you will see the rear lifted as well O.O when i jack my car from the front or rear jacking point, the entire side lifts with just one jack..

but i can say something very positive about those X bars, they are a beautiful bronze chromed looking finish and look beautiful to me. Makes me want to take my panties off when I look at them

Old 05-10-2011, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
LOL i agree with the diy xbar... impressionable girls at car meets are already drawn to Fits, the shiny xbars get the panties moist

if the diy xbar was good for anything functional it definitely reduced my rubbing by a little bit on freeway bumps -- i had the lower bar bolted to the struts. it's pretty much comprised of 4 adjustable rsx c-pillar bars, 8 L-brackets, 8 bolts, 8 nuts, and a shit load of washers ($90 total when all was said and done). maybe i got lucky when i installed mine because it didn't squeak at all. i took my time and tightened each corner the same way i do my wheels: first hand tight in the 1-3-4-2 pattern, go at it with a socket wrench, then once more to make sure it's all secured.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
i knew it was only a matter of posts before the "chicks dig it" posts started to come in droves.

chicks also dig rides that are SCHWWWAMMMEEEDD with hewwa fwush wheels.

LOLOLOL
^^
ya we get it funny

anyways I was asking a serious question and i did research on cars that have the setup that see positive effects (besides THEIR SHINNY SEXINESS).

All sarcastic comments aside....thanks for your help. I just started to do a small local auto-x course and im almost saved for coilovers so i was seeing my other suspension options since this is still my daily driver and i cant knock my back seats for a full cage setup prett much. seems like if I can find one ill just stick with a solid c-pillar bar from a reputable company, even though I dont think anyone makes one.

thanks again guys.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
i knew it was only a matter of posts before the "chicks dig it" posts started to come in droves.

chicks also dig rides that are SCHWWWAMMMEEEDD with hewwa fwush wheels.

LOLOLOL
^^
ya we get it funny

anyways I was asking a serious question and i did research on cars that have the setup that see positive effects (besides THEIR SHINNY SEXINESS).

All sarcastic comments aside....thanks for your help. I just started to do a small local auto-x course and im almost saved for coilovers so i was seeing my other suspension options since this is still my daily driver and i cant knock my back seats for a full cage setup prett much. seems like if I can find one ill just stick with a solid c-pillar bar from a reputable company, even though I dont think anyone makes one.

thanks again guys.
J's racing makes a nice C pillar bar.

also, sense it is your daily and im sure you want to keep it smooth sailing.
i would recommend these if i was in your situation. just my opinion.

Bilstein PSS Coil-Over Kit

Old 05-10-2011, 02:57 PM
im on shit springs now, and im tired of blindly buying parts and then using them and realizing the hard way that going big at first saves you time and money in the future. should have never bought springs and just saved the extra dimes for coils in the first place.

i looked at bilstein
and
my top choice now is buddy club n+

most say unless your scraping your frame the ride is not bad

Old 05-10-2011, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
im on shit springs now, and im tired of blindly buying parts and then using them and realizing the hard way that going big at first saves you time and money in the future. should have never bought springs and just saved the extra dimes for coils in the first place.

i looked at bilstein
and
my top choice now is buddy club n+

most say unless your scraping your frame the ride is not bad
oh all the options out there right now, why are you choosing the buddy club n+?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
oh all the options out there right now, why are you choosing the buddy club n+?
talked to more than a few member on here that are running them with the ge8. and everyone has nothing but positive things to say about them

mainly member: ghettoboy 247, he has them and actually runs time attacks and other road course events so he has quite a bit of experince with running the above mentioned coilovers, where as other members have nothing but good things to say from just daily driving and the occasional on or off ramp adrenaline rush were you can really feel them working lol

I have not seen anyone post about bilsteins, but they have a reputable name, just not sure if I want to be the test subject for them, even though they look easier to use and understand being as I have never had coilovers.

but they are around the same price, why would you sell me those over the n+?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:26 PM
seems like the bilsteins would actually be more suitable for a newbie like me seeing as they are preloaded and you can only adjust ride height! hmmm everything else is pre set

Old 05-10-2011, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
well you mentioned daily driver and I'm assuming when you say your springs are shitty, its because you are on stock dampers (with the normally the case with any off the shelf "performance coilover"). so comfort is a perk for you. Bilstien is SUPER reliable and their warranty is amazing. also, spec miata guys run them and achieve amazing lap times with such a simple setup. the are also built like a brick shit house. you can also have them revalved.

My buddy, also my roomate/best friend, is on oem replacement bilstien shocks with flyin miata springs. thats all he has done to his car. He is ungodly fast at the tracks we both go to and his laptimes are very very very close to the lap times of full race spec miata cars. take in mind, he is not on race compound tires. just these shocks. between bilstien and koni, you cant go wrong. as long as your spring rates match your valving. <-- and that matches your driving preference and comfort needs.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:29 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i would recommend the j's showa suspension. its a plug and play without having to worry about adjustment. ekonetics has it on his ge8.

i welded up a rear x bar for my fit and was supposed to do one for ekonetics but never got around to it.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
seems like the bilsteins would actually be more suitable for a newbie like me seeing as they are preloaded and you can only adjust ride height! hmmm everything else is pre set

haha i can assure you, you will not mess with preload anytime soon. so if that adjustable option is a selling point to you, you should completely disregard the word preload. Trust me.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
A simple shock and spring setup is all you need. its nice not to have to diagnose and adjust your setup 500 times.

before my current setup, I was on T1R's shocks and springs. Im telling you, that was a great set up. so simply and the drop was almost perfect for what it was aimed at, function. I didn't have any problems with them and they felt great for DD and for the road course.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
haha i can assure you, you will not mess with preload anytime soon. so if that adjustable option is a selling point to you, you should completely disregard the word preload. Trust me.

people mention that word when they are referring to having someone install the coilovers, make sure they understand "pre load" i have no f**king idea what that even means just a word Ive heard used. so it caught my eye lol

simply.

Im on eibach pro kit springs with everything else oem and yeah they are nice, bumpy, but a nice ride, they handle well, just now that I feel what the car can do, everyone ive talked to says youll really be able to feel difference if you switch to full on coilovers. so its been my gameplan.

i like how my car sits lowered and handles lowered. i think its drope 1.2" f and 1.5" rear. max on the bilsteins appears to be 2" all around, which is more agressive then what I have so that is a plus for me.

another plus is I dont understand turn 8 clicks left and 9 click right to get a comfy setting, however i do understand. tighten here to lower or raise. lowering is optimum for summers in chicago, but winter is a battle even with the drop of the pro kits so it would be nice to raise for winter.

the bilsteins seem just that from reading the site. everything is adjusted already for optimum performance you just can lower and raise not worry about other settings.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member

the original bolts will strip in time and I recommend you replace them asap there pretty lose I ended up getting some nice high grade bolts nuts and spacers from home depot for $9 it pretty much solved every problem with the noise and made it really rigid and yes you will notice a difference on the track and spirited driving.

here is mine

Name:  xbrace.jpg
Views: 3297
Size:  35.7 KB

Last edited by Noxm09; 05-10-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
I can understand putting them in the GD with all its body flex. But The GE is stiff as hell (Thats what she sa...) it just looks like extra weight. cool, but extra weight. Of course I still have 80lbs of subs where my back seat used to be so I have no room to talk.

Quick Reply: Help With cross bar (x Bar) for Rear Interior?!