2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Most comfortable/supportive aftermarket seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Most comfortable/supportive aftermarket seats?

I dislike the OEM Fit Seats. The gotta go. My friends 93 DA seats are more comfortable (serously) and they are 18 years old!
I'm looking at the Corbeau A4s (pictured) for price and good reviews. Any others that would be recommended? BTW, I'm 6' even and about 170 lbs. I need to hit the gym, or get seats that are comfortable (on my rear) and actually holds me in the seat.

Cheers!

Old 04-12-2011, 12:50 AM
I wonder if 2006+ Civic Si seats would fit in my Fit? hmmm might have to swap them one day soon and see...

Old 04-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Another member has claimed to have done so, but has not updated or responded to messages...

Apparently they are pretty close to plug and play...literally. I believe the airbags and passenger sensors work too, or so I have read. My question is are the civic seats comfortable? I need to testdrive one... =)

Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
I had the same feeling about the Fit seats for several months. They seemed too short as far as thigh support. Also weak on lateral support. But the worst thing was they gave me a sore butt after about an hour. Pain would radiate down into both legs. PITA literally.

My previous daily driver was an 89 Taurus SHO, which had the best seats I've ever had. Big adjustable side bolsters that would hold as well as most full racing seats.

After several months, I kinda adapted to the Fit's seats. No more pain unless it's a full-tank long drive. But still.......think the best thing would be an OE Honda seat of some sort that would be compatible with bags/etc. Hate to mess around with stuff like add-on lumbar pads.

geo

Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
I had the sore posterior until I re-adjusted the seats. I slid the driver's seat back further and extended the steering wheel a little. This made the back of my thighs touch the seat more and provided more support to my body overall. A few members here have added washers under the front of the seat rail to increase the height of the front of the seats with good results. That will be my next mod on the fit.

Si Seats would be nice though... My Prelude seats were great.

~SB

Old 04-12-2011, 10:53 AM
I have had 2 preludes, specboy, and YES! They are wonderful! Just frustrating when "new" technology is a step backward in comfort. I'm ok with losing my airbags if it means i'm comfy on my daily commute.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drumsauce
I have had 2 preludes, specboy, and YES! They are wonderful! Just frustrating when "new" technology is a step backward in comfort. I'm ok with losing my airbags if it means i'm comfy on my daily commute.
The Prelude seats were nice but it was always a higher end Honda. when new, the last gen base was hovering around $22k-24k (hence the reason I had a GS-R instead of a 2000 prelude) and that was 10 years ago. Our sport went out the door at $16.4k. at the Rate of increase a prelude (base) would have likely been $26K or higher (closer to $30K). Technology does increase, but cost decreased drastically (a $10K less vehicle).

That said, I liked my prelude seats better than any of my Integra Seats (did NOT like the leather in the GS-R but with the B18C1, came leather for the 2000MY)

~SB

Old 04-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Geo - agreed. Not horrible, but bad enough to be uncomfortable after a drive. I wonder what other seats honda makes that would fit the fit w/ little modification?

Old 04-18-2011, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BFitted
I wonder if 2006+ Civic Si seats would fit in my Fit? hmmm might have to swap them one day soon and see...
someone already did it: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...honda-fit.html
Looks good and comfy too

Old 04-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by specboy
I had the sore posterior until I re-adjusted the seats. I slid the driver's seat back further and extended the steering wheel a little. This made the back of my thighs touch the seat more and provided more support to my body overall. A few members here have added washers under the front of the seat rail to increase the height of the front of the seats with good results. That will be my next mod on the fit.

Si Seats would be nice though... My Prelude seats were great.

~SB
I got in my Fit and instinctively tried to slide the seat back every time, only to realize it was all the way back. Put your foot on the gas pedal, using your heel to push it all the way to the floor. Your toes will be on the little control box that is bolted to the firewall. That's where it felt like my leg should have been. On the left side, I'd often drive with my left foot all the way against the vertical section of the firewall. It was up above the carpet, so I tended to track a lot of that cottony white noise insulation stuff onto the carpets.

Last edited by Occam; 04-18-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned
I've got a Recaro on the way for mine. Those Corabeaus are probably comfortable. I thought about getting a pair of those.

I've had a few audis with recaros seats and they are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat it. Thought about trying to swap in some different honda seats but none of those that I've had were great. My '92 Prelude had decent seats but my 2003 Acura CL did not have great seats.

I wanted a matching pair but decided to just put my money into one really nice driver's seat. It's still being made but here is the model I got.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:30 PM
^^^ Wicked, super, awesome seat!!!! Recaro is on the top of my list if I run into the $$$

If I may ask, how much did the seat run you (with brackets/sliders, etc.)? I had a 87 prelude si (awesome seats) and a 93 vtec (great seats). The fit, very disappointing let down. Love to hear your impressions on the seat when you get it installed. Where did you get it from?

Cheers!

Last edited by drumsauce; 04-19-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Banned
The seat was right around $1500 with the brackets/sliders. I ordered it from motorsportseats.com. It's actually a discontinued model but the guy found me a shell and was able to get one built. It has heating, cooling and power adjustment too.

They take a long time to get becuase they are built to order. They keep the shells on hand then cover them with whatever material somebody orders.

Motorsportseats has a lot of other seats as well.

Recaro Seat Assortment/Motorsport Seats

Last edited by Chad T; 04-20-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 AM
that's looking really good, chad!

i pulled out the OEM recaro seats that i had in my mark4 jetta and i still have them sitting in my dining room. i have yet to look around at local shops to fabricate some custom sliders/base for me. i really should get on it...they're the most comfortable seats i've ever put my butt in. and they hold my skinny ass in, unlike our fit seats that are designed for an ever widening american population.

Name:  GLI-Recaro.jpg
Views: 5591
Size:  14.6 KB

Old 04-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Recaro is the way to go.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
that's looking really good, chad!

i pulled out the OEM recaro seats that i had in my mark4 jetta and i still have them sitting in my dining room. i have yet to look around at local shops to fabricate some custom sliders/base for me. i really should get on it...they're the most comfortable seats i've ever put my butt in. and they hold my skinny ass in, unlike our fit seats that are designed for an ever widening american population.

That's a good move right there. I thought about doing something like that. There were actually some really sweet accord Type R Recaro seats on ebay I was thinking about but eventually decided I wanted one brand new recaro for me.

I think you can get dealer installed recaros in a bunch of hondas overseas.

You should totally put those in your Fit!!

Last edited by Chad T; 04-20-2011 at 05:03 PM.