2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GE8 Owner/New to FF

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:34 PM
GE8 Owner/New to FF

Bought my Fit back in 2009 and have loved every minute of it. From cross-country drives with the family to SCCA racing.... I would not trade my fit for ANYTHING in the world.

Hoping to start doing some tasteful mods soon. Had fun racing in H-Stock in SCCA but its time to stiffen her up a bit.

Hope to get to know some of you guys, and I am already impressed with the plethora of knowledge on this board.

Last edited by sleekgeek; 03-21-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome aboard, nice HDR shot. What kind of mods are you looking at to stiffen it up?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Haven't really decided yet. I don't want to make an uninformed decision...instead of asking everyones opinion like i see 100 other people have im just browsing through peoples threads to see what the general consensus is.

It is truly sad to see the struggle ge8 owners have gone through looking for forced induction. Now that I own another dependable family car I really wanted to go this route with my GE....but it looks like i'll be playing the waiting game with everyone else....

Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sleekgeek
Haven't really decided yet. I don't want to make an uninformed decision...instead of asking everyones opinion like i see 100 other people have im just browsing through peoples threads to see what the general consensus is.
If only more people did this...lol.

Originally Posted by sleekgeek

It is truly sad to see the struggle ge8 owners have gone through looking for forced induction. Now that I own another dependable family car I really wanted to go this route with my GE....but it looks like i'll be playing the waiting game with everyone else....
I wouldn't call it a game...it's not very fun . If you're crazy enough, you could always try the DIY route. We've got at least one member here who has done it for the GE8.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:42 PM
I am tempted to work something out on my own. I wish i was more knowledgable when it comes to this stuff, but thats why i have my older brother. He has a race/tune/fabrication shop up in rhode island where i am from. He and his friends have done some AMAZING things. I have no doubt in my mind he could do it... only problem is I am stationed in Georgia, finding the time to get it done would be really difficult. We will see though!

On a side note... looking at my photos I still had the front license plate bracket on. I bought the car in Massachusetts (only place i could find a 5MT at the time) and they require a front plate. I was a little peeved when i took it off to see they drilled a hole straight through the bumper

Last edited by sleekgeek; 03-21-2011 at 08:45 PM.