2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

SEQUENTIAL IN Fit!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
I agreed. This guy is really full of it.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Troll accusations aside, though kinda agree, seems bs (seriously, it's not that hard to upload pics, my 9 yr old niece can do it)...

What is the benefit of having a sequential in the Fit?

Old 03-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Much faster shifting. If you ever get a chance, watch a pro rally race on the Speed Channel. You'll see a bunch of sequential shifters and guys who know how to use them.

Or, think motorcycle racing,,,,, bing. bing, bing through the gears.

You 'pat' the shifter rather than grasp and wiggle it...... No H pattern just up and down. Shifter kart?

John

PS Faster than this:

Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
So basically, more useful for actual racers, not so much for the daily drivers.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
So basically, more useful for actual racers, not so much for the daily drivers.

Unless the TCU's shift logic is very good it can make for a jerky hand-off when trying to drive smooth. The only DD-able production cars that I have seen with a sequential are prohibitively expensive. I got to drive a sequential C6 Vette of a friend's in Scottsdale AZ on the 101 and it was a beautiful thing.

But the trans alone was a bit more than US$30k. And you look like a real tool when short shifting.

They are an evolved ratchet shifter. Like it mated with a DSG trans.

I would be very unhappy if I spent the time and money to drop a sequential in my Fit to find it can only deal with 320BHP like the OP said.

I'd rather rip gears on a dogbox or even a synchro trans.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 03-23-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Racebrewer
Much faster shifting. If you ever get a chance, watch a pro rally race on the Speed Channel. You'll see a bunch of sequential shifters and guys who know how to use them.

Or, think motorcycle racing,,,,, bing. bing, bing through the gears.

You 'pat' the shifter rather than grasp and wiggle it...... No H pattern just up and down. Shifter kart?

John

PS Faster than this:
So it's basically a "sport shift" from an automatic car but you keep the clutch?

Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
So it's basically a "sport shift" from an automatic car but you keep the clutch?

Well... yes and no.

There is no fluid converter like an AT and there is a pressure plate/clutch disc or two, but there is no clutch pedal in many of them.

Some do not even have reverse

Old 03-23-2011, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Well... yes and no.

There is no fluid converter like an AT and there is a pressure plate/clutch disc or two, but there is no clutch pedal in many of them.

Some do not even have reverse
So motorcycle tranny in a car without a clutch and you use your hand instead of your foot. Sounds useless in everyday world use...

Old 03-23-2011, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
So motorcycle tranny in a car without a clutch and you use your hand instead of your foot. Sounds useless in everyday world use...

More or less. Except you might have a 3rd pedal and you have to use a hand to shift like you would a traditional manual, but just foreward and back, no H pattern like Racebrewer was explaining.

And I agree. Unless that is the only trans that can deal with the power you are making. But since the OP says this one only handles 320BHP, unless it is like $2k or less before labor I don't feel it is worth it at all in a street car.

Unless you need the bragging rights of looking like a novice everytime you go to make a smooth 1-2.

I drove one in traffic and I had a clutch to get rolling into first like you would in a dogbox, but even a dogbox is more streetable than the sequentials I have come in contact with.

But there is no reason that without a good deal of calibration that you could make it more "civilized" but this is best left to race applications otherwise.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 03-23-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
More or less.
Unless you need the bragging rights of looking like a novice everytime you go to make a smooth 1-2.
Smooth? Screw smooth! Making the tires scream on the 1st - 2nd shift is one of my favorite things to do!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:45 PM
I see where this goes. Guys? Dont you have also privee life? No? I am full of work! And can connect only on the evening after the work. So to not look like "full of chit" or BSing here anyone can help me to send him by email my videos and pictures?? This way you can all have a lot of fun and i will not need to listen all of you about BSing and stuff. BTW. i am on this forum for one reason only, because one of your members did invited me! He did told me that here is many of you and that you are all hungry for nice tuning/racing solution that basically DONT exist in open world. Like light weight flywheels or sequential GB or fully uniball suspension to just bolt on and stuff. So to cut shortly, if you guys want it, someone can contact me or send me his email and i will give you a lot of to think about! Okay? (Yes i am 9 years old boy that cant post by him self.)

P.S. Anyone can tell me how to cut, make it shorter movie to not post 30 minute whole race??