2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

let's get a poke thread running

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM
let's get a poke thread running

yo, i want to see some poke right nahhh

i plan to run 17s 215/40 in the front and 225/40 in the back but i dont know my offsetsss... so help me out

Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Let's get a search thread going...

Originally Posted by Tong213

i plan to run 17s 215/40 in the front and 225/40 in the back but i dont know my offsetsss... so help me out
I am becoming one of those guys I always was annoyed by....
Search, my friend, Search.

"Seek for me and you shall find me if you search for me with all your bandwidth." Forum 29:13 (KBV) Sorry Perrenoud... ;-P

b

Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 PM

i hate to sound like a smartass, but if you don't know your offsets, what makes you any knowledgeable about tire sizes?

reasons i ask: (again, not trying to be a dick, i'm just helpin you out)

1. you want to put a fatter tire in the rear of a front wheel drive car (which i've never understood why people do that)

2. chances are, no matter what size and offset you plan on going with, i guarantee you will have rubbing issues with the tire sizes you're so determined to get.

3. if you really are looking to go for that hellaflush look, you're gonna be needing a way smaller tire.

do some research.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Yup, I don't see those tire sizes working at all.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Yup, I don't see those tire sizes working at all. And without an offset number, tire size means pretty much nothing unless it's at the far end of the spectrum - which yours pretty much are.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 PM

Yo, this qwestion be triflin, dawg don tell wut rims and whatnot, if you be dropped and bagged, pulled and trick cambered.... can' answer for real witout da 411, gonna get alllll whack info right nahhh.

Or something to that effect. Much love...

Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 PM
dannggg you guys are so negative

rubbing issues are so simple to deal with... so what you rub? roll a fender or something and if it is still there, be a better driver

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...o-rubbing.html

i dont get why you guys say 215's dont work...

and your saying tire size is nothing without offset THATS WHY I ASKED TO HELP WITH IT

Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by rhyneba
Yo, this qwestion be triflin, dawg don tell wut rims and whatnot, if you be dropped and bagged, pulled and trick cambered.... can' answer for real witout da 411, gonna get alllll whack info right nahhh.

that post was almost just as unnecessary as this thread.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by rhyneba

aight so here's what it is, i want to drop in the buddy club coil overs, it'll be like 2 inches lower
i know if the offsets are the same on all rims, the back isn't going to be flush at all but i dont want to run spacers, and then if i want it to be flush imma have to get a camber kit which i also don't want cause i dont want my tires wearing out faster than they need to

SO i was just asking and wondering if people would post their past experiences so i can get an idea of what i want to sacrifice or not

Old 03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
dannggg you guys are so negative

rubbing issues are so simple to deal with... so what you rub? roll a fender or something and if it is still there, be a better driver

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...o-rubbing.html

i dont get why you guys say 215's dont work...

and your saying tire size is nothing without offset THATS WHY I ASKED TO HELP WITH IT
regardless whether or not it's been proven that it will fit, your thread still doesn't make any sense.

it's hard to determine what you want just by what you're telling us.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by TGIJoseph
regardless whether or not it's been proven that it will fit, your thread still doesn't make any sense.

it's hard to determine what you want just by what you're telling us.
why are you back tracking, you just told me its not gonna work and now that i told you it works you say regardless

how about you help me and stop telling me to research when i have and im trying to do more?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
When doing extreme tire size mods you're on your own. If you expect people to help you do things that adversely affect the handling then you're barking up the wrong tree.

Trying to look cool while putting yourself and others on the road in danger really isn't cool.

Last edited by Virtual; 03-15-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Virtual
When doing extreme tire size mods it's at your own risk. If you expect people to help you do things that adversely affect the handling then you're barking up the wrong tree.

Trying to look cool while putting yourself and others on the road in danger really isn't cool.
thank you for that
and yeah i realize that the handling is going to be hella wack but
hopefully i can start safety with 4 disc brakes and upgrade front brake pots
and im guessing the buddy club coilovers are going to keep me from doing something really stupid during a turn

but i guess this thread isn't going to help anyone or myself

o well

Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
tire stretch ... failure - ClubRoadster.net

225/45-17's on 17x10 +25 offset, 20mm spacers, with -3° camber. Yikes.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 PM
yikes....

he kinda had it coming... 17x10 with 225s??? danngg

i dont even know how he was holding up

Originally Posted by solbrothers
tire stretch ... failure - ClubRoadster.net

225/45-17's on 17x10 +25 offset, 20mm spacers, with -3° camber. Yikes.

Last edited by Tong213; 03-15-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
thank you for that
and im guessing the buddy club coilovers are going to keep me from doing something really stupid during a turn

o well
OK time out.

Upgrading your brakes will just make things worse because you have a diminished contact patch on the same tire, which is probably not that sticky to begin with.

So the wheels lock up sooner and you skid.

Your coilovers also make this a losing proposition because to a point you want a soft pliant sussy setup to keep the tires in contact with the ground as much as possible.

They may well contribute to you doing something stupid in a turn, instead of save you.

Obviously it is your car, but there are far more problems and risks being created than you seem to realize. So go read up for a couple months and if you still wind up at this conclusion go for it, but as you;ve noticed you are on your own.

With street cars that other people have to drive next to in traffic Function>Form. Always.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 03-15-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
OK time out.

Upgrading your brakes will just make things worse because you have a diminished contact patch on the same tire, which is probably not that sticky to begin with. So the wheels lock up sooner and you skid.

Your coilovers also make this a losing proposition because to a point you want a soft pliant sussy setup to keep the tires in contact with the ground as much as possible.

They may well contribute to you doing something stupid in a turn, instead of save you.

Obviously it is your car, but there are far more problems and risks being created than you seem to realize. So go read up for a couple months and if you still wind up at this conclusion go for it, but as you;ve noticed you are on your own.

With street cars that other people have to drive next to in traffic Function>Form. Always.
well ok, i have a honda fit base 2010...
at like 70 miles im hitting like 3 thousand rpm in 5th gear.. hoiw much fast can i really go to be honest...

i like to cruise my car and if im sitting hella flush i'd drive even slower

sooo that's the way i think, if i had suspension, it'll be better than stock no matter what

and as far as breaks.. im thinking the stopping ablitily will be better than disc and drums...

Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 PM
^

more than likely that had more to do with loss of tire pressure than camber/stretching, unless the tire shop stretched the tire improperly. you can notice a small bubble on the lower right side of the sidewall in the last picture.

my cousin is running a 205/40/16 on a 10" wide wheel and daily's it 80 miles a day around LA with no problems at all.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by TGIJoseph
^

more than likely that had more to do with loss of tire pressure than camber/stretching, unless the tire shop stretched the tire improperly. you can notice a small bubble on the lower right side of the sidewall in the last picture.

my cousin is running a 205/40/16 on a 10" wide wheel and daily's it 80 miles a day around LA with no problems at all.

i never plan on running something like this buy how long has he ran it? 205 on 10" just seems way to aggresive and super not safe for me

Old 03-15-2011, 10:34 PM
thank you for that

o well
It IS difficult to tell you what offset. I run 17x7s with 205 40 17 Nittos at stock height with a 42 offset. The rear is fairly flush, the fronts protrude just barely and I THINK they would rub when dropped two inches but don't know. I know the look you're seeking, I do like it even if the sizing are bass-ackwards for a front driver. The size you want to run will work, at two inches down your offset would need to be at most 40, probably 38 or 35. Tirerack lists many wheels in the size you are looking for.

Thick skin and wicked sense of humor are helpful here and in life...

b

Quick Reply: let's get a poke thread running