2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Which "class" do you fall in for your fit.
2009 Model - Recall Completed
51.24%
2010 Model - Recall Completed
9.09%
2009-10 - VIN in Recall Range but Springs not needed
2.48%
2009-10 Model - Not recalled.
30.58%
2011 Model - (Not recalled)
6.61%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Did you have the LMS Recall Done?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
I got mine done in half a day but have a new issue to report/caution others about. When I picked mine up from the dealer (3/21/11), I had a giant 1 1/2 foot crack extended from the lower right of the windshield. I talked to the service manager the next morning and he told me to bring it in. When I first talked to the service rep, she was wanting to deny any issue. But then the manager came out and said he completely understood how they probably did it when they put the cowl back in place and got me a new windshield on order. Kudos for prompt acknowledgement but boos for evidently hoping I wouldn't notice in the first place. I'm taking it in tomorrow for the windshield. I think I was their first or second Fit in for the recall.

As for how she drives, maybe a tad quieter? I took her on a hilly, curvy 5 hr drive up into the Ouachita mtns of Arkansas and back for a business conference late in the week. No worries and 42 mpg (4-5 miles better than recent).

Old 03-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Done the recall last week in Jacksonville Florida, Honda the Aveneus.
about 2 :30 hours not bad , thanks to the tech Joe Gionatto was great tech , and very nice services! car runs great! get done!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:23 PM
09 No problem here! Done , The Honda at the Aveneus, Jax Florida, great services and very good tech: Joe Gionatto very fast 2 1/2 hrs and clean job. Thanks for the recall done!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Oli
My dealer said they hadn't thought to order any parts for the recall and would call when they received them. I am a bit worried about this, TBH.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
After reading all the numerous issues cited in this thread, I walked into the dealership (Hilton Head Honda, South Carolina) with very tightly clenched butt cheeks. I am relieved to note that the job got done with no problems whatever. I arrived at 8am, they allowed two hours for cooldown before beginning the work, and my wife's 2009 Orange Revolution pumpkin on wheels was ready at noon.

I checked rather carefully, and absolutely nothing was out of order: no gaps, no missing clips, wipers properly positioned. Some of us are just lucky, I guess.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM
ok well I've got an odd one.....wife dropped off her Fit on the 23rd to have the recall done....turned into a 450 dollar visit...apparently the left fog light was broken and had to be replaced...then they hit her up for the 30K checkup and cabin air filter replacement...I was out of town so not able to have her call me and turn down some of the stuff they did....

In any event that is water under the bridge and done...what I'm not sure of is if they actually did the recall work?? I asked her tonight for the paperwork and all she had was papers on the other stuff that was done, nothing for the lost springs etc....I had looked at her car earlier today and everything looked like it had not been touched, ....the cowl looked fine and so did the wipers...the valve cover did not look like it had been disturbed either..hmmmmmm........

I find it hard to believe that they would not have done the work especially since the service writer took the time to explain in detail and show pictures to my wife detailing exactly what work was being done involving the recall.

If I pop in her VIN on the Honda recall site it still shows as being open 4 days later.....

Someone at AutoFair Honda in Manchester NH will probably have a lot of explaining to do if it turns out they did all that other work and conveniently "forgot" about the real reason her Fit was in there in the first place. Or they have the most meticulous tech in the world lol

They have been too good to us over the last year or so to pull any nonsense, I'm confident of that....and I am also 99% sure that they would not say they recall work was done without doing it...they are too big of a dealership in this area to pull that stunt, word got out they were doing that they would be finished

Calls will be made in morning to verify A) was work done? B) why no paperwork on it??

Old 03-28-2011, 12:15 AM
getting this done on my 09 fit sport with Navi on Wednesday
I heard they can now do this without taking the cowl off, so I'm going to recommend they do it that way

Old 03-28-2011, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackberry Goose

Calls will be made in morning to verify A) was work done? B) why no paperwork on it??

if the recall work was done, there should be a Center-punch completion mark (a "dot") above the 1st character of the engine compartment VIN

Old 03-28-2011, 12:38 AM
well it run any different?
i would recommend getting any safety recall done on your vehicle
especially engine

Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Scheduled the recall work to be done next week. The service writer heard "lost-motion-spring" recall and sprang into action. Said bring the car in for us to look at, we'll need it for the day since a lot of stuff needs to come off the engine, can't do it on a Saturday. Seemed like this dealer has the ball rolling pretty well with the recall. We'll find out if they do or not.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Was supposed to get this done but the parts are on backorder until June!
Sucks to be in Canada lol

Old 03-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Parts shipping from Japan delay. Sucks to be in Japan right now.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by canuck901
Was supposed to get this done but the parts are on backorder until June!
Sucks to be in Canada lol

Hmmm. We don't give you the tire pressure monitor. In some models, you don't get a spare tire. And now, we won't let you get that lost motion spring. You Canadians had better remind us Americans that you have those fantastic tar sands which produce sh#tloads of that oil we need so desperately! We have to start treating you better.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I have a 2010 bought end of May, so far no letter of recall. Are letters still being mailed out?
I just saw the service bulletin and my Vin is not in the range of recall

Old 03-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
I just saw the service bulletin and my Vin is not in the range of recall
My Fit was on the same boat I think. I called my dealer, just to be sure, and they did confirm it wasn't part of the recall.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
i had the recall done today (open road honda, edison, nj).

they replaced the LMS.

the car sounds the same and feels the same. no sign of any damage or changes whatsoever.

they did not remove the cowl.... so it's fine.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
My Fit was on the same boat I think. I called my dealer, just to be sure, and they did confirm it wasn't part of the recall.
Krimson- I called and made sure, too. When did you get your Fit?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:16 PM
April last year. Last six on the VIN is 000162 if that means anything in production sequence. They might very well come over together.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Got my recall work done today. Noticed no extra noises from my engine bay driving home. Also all clips appeared to be replaced. Car sounds good and looks good; just have to get my bumper repainted from that body shop issue now.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hi Im Vinh
I myself did take hear a slight ticking noise upon idle, my only assumption is that the springs are new and have to be broken in a bit and the noise will go away.
the reason the engine sound different after the recall has nothing to do with the springs. the recall requires a valve adjustment after installation of the new springs. fits typically have tight valves especially on the exhaust side so the nice thing is all you guys are getting a free valve adjustment done. and the reason it takes so long to complete is cause in order to perform the valve adjustment correctly, the engine temp must be below 100. so please, dont come in and wait for this. drop your car off. do everyone a favor

Quick Reply: Did you have the LMS Recall Done?