2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Which "class" do you fall in for your fit.
2009 Model - Recall Completed
51.24%
2010 Model - Recall Completed
9.09%
2009-10 - VIN in Recall Range but Springs not needed
2.48%
2009-10 Model - Not recalled.
30.58%
2011 Model - (Not recalled)
6.61%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Did you have the LMS Recall Done?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
took 10 hours

the engine seems to idle much quieter now - could be placebo effect but I can't here it idle in my driveway now. There was a slight ticking before the repair.

randome side note: I went to kick the tires on some new Hondas when the repair was completed. I asked about the remaining Elements to see if they were going to dicount after they get axed from the lineup. The sales rep didn't know they were being axed. He did inform me that the Japanese-built models now sell at a 6% premium over sticker due to expected shortages. So, he pointed out that the Element's either Canadian or built in Indiana so that's the only reason they'd come off the MSRP. I warned you this topic was random. Just thought I'd share. Equally random: the CRZ is a pretty sharp little car. It's rear end = one giant blind spot but it's a nice ride throughout. The interior was especially well thought out and I wish my 2009 Fit shared that 6-spd trans.

Last edited by potentialFITfan; 03-17-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Wow..can't hear it? My Fit has about 1900 miles on it and makes some loud ticking noises...,when fully heated up it makes what sounds like a belt noise...hmmmmm....I can see my super vibrating a bit as well......not involved in recall but maybe should be??

Old 03-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Wiper I mean.......not super lol

Old 03-17-2011, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Just picked my 09 Fit this morning, it took 3 full days.

I didnt notice any difference in engine noises, but I did notice my clutch engages much sooner then before...IIRC. I almost stalled when I drove off the first time. Probably a bit of the placebo effect haha

Anyhow, everything went smoothly with the dealer - Weir Canyon Honda

Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 PM
E B
Got it done on Monday, bought in 9:30am and finished 2pm afternoon. Car feels somehow smoother when shifting now, maybe just my imagination.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by potentialFITfan
took 10 hours

the engine seems to idle much quieter now - could be placebo effect but I can't here it idle in my driveway now. There was a slight ticking before the repair.

randome side note: I went to kick the tires on some new Hondas when the repair was completed. I asked about the remaining Elements to see if they were going to dicount after they get axed from the lineup. The sales rep didn't know they were being axed. He did inform me that the Japanese-built models now sell at a 6% premium over sticker due to expected shortages. So, he pointed out that the Element's either Canadian or built in Indiana so that's the only reason they'd come off the MSRP. I warned you this topic was random. Just thought I'd share. Equally random: the CRZ is a pretty sharp little car. It's rear end = one giant blind spot but it's a nice ride throughout. The interior was especially well thought out and I wish my 2009 Fit shared that 6-spd trans.
I myself did take hear a slight ticking noise upon idle, my only assumption is that the springs are new and have to be broken in a bit and the noise will go away.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackberry Goose
Wiper I mean.......not super lol
thats normal, my wiper still vibrates when iam sitting at idle after the recall.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
did anyone go in with an intake on? debating if i should change back to stock or not.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:46 AM
track back in the thread, some one did w/ no issue

Edit: post #578, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-present/62850-honda-announces-recall-29.html

Last edited by Krimson_Cardnal; 03-18-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: add link
Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 PM
My 2010 Honda Fit Sport was serviced yesterday in 3 hours time and drives like a dream after the fact, the steering is much smoother and the brakes are more sensitive as a result.

BTW, you don't need to wait for the snail mail notification. I just called our local Honda service department up, they verified my car was on the recall list via the VIN and the appointment was made straight away.

Cheers

Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Dropped off this morning, work completed by late afternoon. They said that they had three Fits in today for the recall and they worked on all three at the same time. I can't tell any difference in the way the car drives.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:36 PM
2009 Completed. Can see the marks on the bolts that were removed, and some oil spillage around valve cover/cylinder head. A loud clicking that was present before is gone now though.

Took around 5 hours.

Dealership was silly about scheduling the maintenance, had me call the same dealership and talk to a receptionist in an office when I was standing in the service center (not busy, vacant, ghost town).

Old 03-21-2011, 08:40 PM
I had my recall service done this past Friday at Coast Honda. The service took about 5 hours. Everything went well, except for the big gouge they put in the side skirt when they were swinging the arm for the lift under the car. I guess it wasn't down low enough! I have touch up work to do after this winter anyway so I'm not too concerned.

ANYwhoooo... so far, the engine ticking has been reduced significantly. I just hear the injectors pulsing now The funny thing about it is that I had the car in to Coast about two months ago complaining about a tick at idle when the engine was warm. They had it for a day and told me they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I just wanted it in writing so when my valves were destroyed at 60,001 miles I could go back to Honda and say, "Well you told me nothing was wrong." But yeah, warranty work went well, and so far I'm happy with the (non-gouge related) results.

**UPDATE: They broke two clips on my cowl too. I would say that anyone who has not yet had this recall done should talk to the tech PRIOR to the service and make sure that they take care when removing the cowl. I have to call them tomorrow now and find out if they'll replace it for me

Last edited by TisDante; 03-23-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Mine is at the dealer right now, they have promised to have it done by 3. I brought to the service reps attn the issues some have had (cowling clips broken etc) & he assured me they will not let that happen. He said they have done a number of these recalls now & have a routine going. There was a lady with a base Fit in front of me in the service line getting the recall done also.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Mine's done now, only took them 3 hrs. No cowl/wiper arm issues, runs quieter & smoother.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:53 PM
grrr

After I took the fit out on the interstate, I noticed a buzzing vibration-y noise coming from around the wiper area. Opened the hood and found that darn near all the tabs were broken from the plastic shield there and that it is loose. Guess I have to go fight with them about it now.
Sigh
Grrr

Old 03-25-2011, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Got my 09 done today. 1.75hr job. Yes they broke a couple clips and scratched and gouged the top plastic cover (but thankfully I don't see a gap issue). Also I hear noticeable valve chatter now, especially at lower RPM's idling around a parking lot. Can't decide if I want to go back yet or not (lazy/busy). Seems to run about the same.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 2010 bought end of May, so far no letter of recall. Are letters still being mailed out?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
I had my '09 done a week ago Friday (March 18). They gave me a loaner car, so they had the car for a day. When I got it back, it had a loud "tick-tick" noise in the valvetrain that wan't there before, so they apparently didn't get the valve adjustment right.

I took it back Tuesday night and had the service manager listen to it. He agreed right away that the valve adjustment was off, so I had to take an afternoon off from work to bring the car back and have the valves adjusted again.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Yup, I had it done two weeks before I decided to trade it in. That morning wandering around the dealer waiting for it I decided I needed an '11 with Nav.
The repair on the 2010 took about 2.5 hours and the car was slightly quieter and smoother afterward.

Quick Reply: Did you have the LMS Recall Done?