2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Advent Bluetooth kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Advent Bluetooth kit

Anybody try the Advent Bluetooth kit yet? I'm still trying to get more info on this before ordering but wanted to get reviews here if someone has already installed one. Looks to be plug and play and far away the cleanest most factory looking install available.

Kit with Honda switch included
BTHFMOD by Advent is your Universal Solution for Installed Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit: Compatibility with most Bluetooth Enabled Phones. Kit Includes HONBTSW3 Honda 3-Button Switch with Separate Microphone

_

Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Looks to be out of stock, but could be a very cool option. for the time being, using a bluetooth ear bud works very well, and goes between cars in my 4 car family.

Zach

Old 03-07-2011, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vacca Rabite
Looks to be out of stock, but could be a very cool option. for the time being, using a bluetooth ear bud works very well, and goes between cars in my 4 car family.
They are in stock other places and cheaper also. I linked that site only because it had the best photo.

Bluetooth for me must be automatic on/off with the cars ignition and nothing attached to me otherwise it is not worth it. Being integrated into your stereo system means auto muting when you answer a call and you listen thru the speakers. The Advent also has voice dialing which takes hands free concept even farther. But you still must push a button to answer.

Here is some additional info I found. I am only waiting on installation manual/instructions. If it is plug and play into back of Fit stereo or otherwise easy connection I will definitely make this my first Fit accessory purchase and report back here my review.
http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/Us...s/HONBTSW3.pdf

_

Old 03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Let me know!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Santiad
Let me know!
If nothing negative surfaces about this kit I will definitely be buying one. Picking up my Fit next week so should have it ordered, received and installed in a month or so.

I did find some installations instructions for it. No plug and play connectors but actually not that complicated. Hardest part will be digging for the stock radio wires and identifying which one which. You need to tap into 6 stereo wires:
12V constant
12V ACC
2 wires for each front speaker

Attach the module ground wire somewhere and then plug in your mic/switch control button.

_

Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
I had my dealer install Leather and Bluetooth as a part of my deal last week. They had this Advent kit installed. It works great, but there are some "gotchas".

Note that the factory stereo (non-nav at least) does not have a Mute line, which means the Advent kit must interrupt the power to the stereo to use your speaker. It works like this:

When you first turn on to ACC or ON, the radio will turn on as normal, then as soon as a phone is paired up the stereo will turn off, the Advent kit will kick on and beep letting you know it's paired and then the stereo will turn back on.

When you are driving along and a call comes in, the stereo will fade off, the ringer will start and you can then press the answer key to pick up the call and proceed. The volume works nicely and reception is very clear. When the call ends, via the caller, you pressing the button, or you hanging up with your phone, the radio will kick back on where it was.

You can also press the answer key when not on a call and it will kick on the Advent allowing you to do a voice command.

Works nicely with my iPhone and work blackberry. They system holds priority on the last phone paired if two paired phones are present.

I just wish it was a little faster to kick on and off the stereo, or that the factory radio had a mute line. But overall i feel much safer using this kit than holding the phone or having an ear piece.