2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My ex-CTCC (touring Car) Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
If is bigger contact patch that you are looking for, may i suggest the following wheel?
15x8 6UL Bronze

15x8, +36, 12.3 lbs, they actually have 15x9, but i don't think it work on the Fit, unless you mod your fenders.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by codenamezero
If is bigger contact patch that you are looking for, may i suggest the following wheel?
15x8 6UL Bronze

15x8, +36, 12.3 lbs, they actually have 15x9, but i don't think it work on the Fit, unless you mod your fenders.
They look very nice, I'll look out if they are available here in China, cause the big problem is whatever comes from out of China as 60% tax on the top...so everything is more expensive, unless it's made in China, it's why car makers are making car in China now.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
they are 156$ per wheel, but for the weight, design, and quality, i think they are reasonably priced. you will also "indirectly" getting more torque with smaller wheel too.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ArnaudShanghai
This is the point, the car is really fun, and according to a lot of people doing competition the Fit is the best Chassis that you can upgrade to do racing.

Regarding the Motec, good question, I just discovered this brand with the garage that sold me the car (with this M400) and will take car of it, I'll ask the difference. What I know about the M400 is you can enable many option such as data log-in and when you are chasing a time this is important to see where you can improve. On my video I do 1.18 and that track, my goal is 1.10 and win the best category on the national race, after all the upgrade of course. Motec is not cheap though...

No they are not cheap at all. I am familiar with some of the lower end MoTeC units (M4s) and I use datalogger/flash devices regularly, I was just wondering why you would need all the extra inputs? are you monitoring individual cylinder AFRs/EGTs?

Because that M400 is a serious bit of hardware, and I intend to do a serious bit of modification to the car and was curious what sort of sensor feedback a touring car team would use vs. road course or standing mile which is what I normally do.

Just trying to see what different events require as I have never had the chance to do a circuit tour.

I am familiar with the British Touring cars, and have a couple of friends involved in the BTCC always interesting to see how motorsports evolve across the world

Found this chart finally, seems I missed it last few times I looked into them:
http://www.motec.com/aboutecu/ecucomparison/

I liked the M84 because it was a nice middle ground with more standard options between the M4's and M800's, yet it still has 8 injector outputs vs only 4 for the M4.

Have you guys had any difficulty with it?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
I just watched your video, is it just me, or your seat is way too close to the steering wheel? lol... your legs and hands are too cramped no?

Last edited by codenamezero; 03-07-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
I just watched your video, is it just me, or your seat is way too close to the steering wheel? lol... your legs and hands are too cramped no?
Have you raced before? (autocross, track)

Ideally, your elbows should be bent, as it allows maximal reach for turning. if your seat is too far back, you won't have an ideal reach for turning.

same with pedals.

no need to worry about airbag going off either...

when i get into things, i move my seat closer than daily driving position.

unless your're like shaq, just drive from the back seat.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Bent yea, but not 90 degree. When you extent your arm straight, your wrist should pass the steering wheel by about an inch, that should be the good amount.

But looking at the video, i thought he might not be too comfortable with his arm and elbow so close to his body, not to mention his legs were pretty pushed backed too.

Here, compare it with all the drivers in this video.
YouTube - Hot Version Vol.99 Ultimate VTEC. Tsukuba Battle. Keiichi Tsuchiya Time Attack

I guess everyone have different preference.

Last edited by codenamezero; 03-08-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
YESS! We finally have a guy who REALLY road racing a Fit here!

What kinda suspension did you get from Australia? DMS? And do you have a LSD in your transmission/gearbox?

Is there a WTCC/CTCC rule book that I can look at? I really like to know more about how the previous owner built the car to meet the rules.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spoonek4

What kinda suspension did you get from Australia? DMS? And do you have a LSD in your transmission/gearbox?

Is there a WTCC/CTCC rule book that I can look at? I really like to know more about how the previous owner built the car to meet the rules.
This x2!

Old 03-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Yes you are totally right and you have a good sense of observation

When I first tried this car it was 2 days after its last race, the previous driver is a guy that is 1m65 tall, and I am 1m88. The seat is not adjustable so we need to spend some time to unbolt it and put it according to my driving position, but at that time the car was not mine yet...

Old 03-08-2011, 03:00 AM

Yes! I finally have the list of upgrades, so yes DMS suspension, LSD (front differential) , AP Racing Pro5000 Calipers, AP Racing Discs Brakes with Ferodo Pads, Exhaust Pipe, Uni-Balls, Forged Wheels 15x6

Regarding the rules, it follows the FIA 1.6 WTCC, I don't know where to get the book, but as I won't follow that anymore I don't really need it. We spoke today with the team owner and he recommend me to put a B16B in it... I'll see...

Old 03-08-2011, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
Bent yea, but not 90 degree. When you extent your arm straight, your wrist should pass the steering wheel by about an inch, that should be the good amount.

I guess everyone have different preference.

Very true.

In my agressive seating position, i would have trouble getting out of the car though.

as for the video, it's nutty seeing how fast race car revs go up and down...

Old 03-08-2011, 03:26 AM
I just edited my first post to list the upgrade I have on the car

Old 03-08-2011, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
tagged

vfsvfbvgbfdg

Old 03-08-2011, 03:46 AM
Just found a pic of the car at the introduction of 2010 CTCC season

Old 03-08-2011, 04:02 AM

Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yes! I finally have the list of upgrades, so yes DMS suspension, LSD (front differential) , AP Racing Pro5000 Calipers, AP Racing Discs Brakes with Ferodo Pads, Exhaust Pipe, Uni-Balls, Forged Wheels 15x6

Regarding the rules, it follows the FIA 1.6 WTCC, I don't know where to get the book, but as I won't follow that anymore I don't really need it. We spoke today with the team owner and he recommend me to put a B16B in it... I'll see...
DMS actually have an application for GE Fit? Excuse me but FOCKKKKKKK! I drove Honda & Subaru with DMS before and I still remember how good their valving is! U're one lucky man!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
DMS actually have an application for GE Fit? Excuse me but FOCKKKKKKK! I drove Honda & Subaru with DMS before and I still remember how good their valving is! U're one lucky man!
Well, if that is the case the GE's finally get that I am jealous of.

I need to call up Moton or DMS and see if we can pester them into developing something.

I had some Motons w/ ext. reservoirs and they were the best I have ever had on any car bar none. The DMS gear is no joke either.

Both cost a pretty penny though, so I was fortunate to get mine used from an RR team

Old 03-08-2011, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Your Live'n the Dream!

They look very nice, I'll look out if they are available here in China, cause the big problem is whatever comes from out of China as 60% tax on the top...so everything is more expensive, unless it's made in China, it's why car makers are making car in China now.
I remember when it was that way here in America. Enoy the economy while it lasts.
And your New Ride is super kool! "your living the Dream!" If ya don't get too busy this season w/ everything keep us posted on how your doing.
Mike

Holy Man! that's the vtech in the video? You are going to have too much fun w/ this little beast!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-08-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
I remember when it was that way here in America. Enoy the economy while it lasts.
And your New Ride is super kool! "your living the Dream!" If ya don't get too busy this season w/ everything keep us posted on how your doing.
Mike

Holy Man! that's the vtech in the video? You are going to have too much fun w/ this little beast!
Thanks man, yes it's the 1.5 i-vtec in the video and it is stock! So you can tell the chassis, the DMS Shocks, the brakes and the front differential make a big difference on a track. People always go for power first, but this little engine is good enough to play nicely. For example there are some Swift Turbo and Yaris Turbo that run on that track, their chassis has almost no preparation, they run 1.23, 1.24....while i run 1.18 with my original engine

I will of course keep you guys updated, it's why I open this thread, to follow up with all upgrade I'll do and also the result on the 1.6 category I plan to enter in China track competition.

But first stop will be at Shanghai F1 track to try high speed with that little Fit

Quick Reply: My ex-CTCC (touring Car) Fit