2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

bazooka tube install

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:26 PM
bazooka tube install

hello,

i'm new to the whole subwoofer/audio in general installation. i just bought a 10" bazooka tube with the built in 100watt amp. i've read that it is possible to wire it to a rear speaker instead of going all the up to my stock head unit. but my question is, do ALL of the wires, including the power wire, run by the rear speaker as well?

basically, can i install this without having to open my head unit?

according to the install manual, i dont need to run a power cable to the battery either and there isn't a spot for one on the amp anyway.

http://bazooka.com/pdf/current/Tubes...gualforweb.pdf

Last edited by rafnap; 03-03-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rafnap
hello,

i'm new to the whole subwoofer/audio in general installation. i just bought a 10" bazooka tube with the built in 100watt amp. i've read that it is possible to wire it to a rear speaker instead of going all the up to my stock head unit. but my question is, do ALL of the wires, including the power wire, run by the rear speaker as well?

basically, can i install this without having to open my head unit?

according to the install manual, i dont need to run a power cable to the battery either and there isn't a spot for one on the amp anyway.

http://bazooka.com/pdf/current/Tubes...gualforweb.pdf
As noted in page 17 of your attached manual, the unit requires a fused power wire ran direct to the battery. Page 18 describes your remote turn on options, you'll need a run an accessory point as well. You can get the actual speaker signal by tapping into one of the rear speakers, but you still have to do the rest before the setup will work. I would suggest reading that manual and consulting with a car audio installer.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
You'll need power directly from the battery to run any amplifier (even ones built into a sub). You don't need an extremely low gauge but 8G is probably the best choice. you'll also likely want to do a few other things.. run the power wire down the opposite side of the vehicle from the speaker wire and to be honest, tapping a set of output wires behind the head unit is actually easier than fishing wires through the door to pick up the rear door speakers. What you are probably referring to is the remote turn on lead being optional. Check out my V1 hardwire link in my sig for an EXTREMELY easy way of picking up "switched" power without having to tap any power wires. I'd recommend in your situation to run from the fusebox (per my V1 hardwire instructions) to a switch installed in one of the three blanks by your left knee so you can turn off the sub at will, and then down the driver's side along the trim to the back. (run your speaker wire down the other side. to prevent interference. Then find a nice bolt somewhere in the back of the car where you can attach your ground.

also, check out the audio section of this forum.

BTW, i've had both powered SAS bazooka subs added on as well as full car audio installations (done by me )

~SB