2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The official recall debate thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
The official recall debate thread

This is an effort to provide an outlet for everyone who wishes to debate all things about the current recall, and hopefully keep the other recall thread on point about just recall info. I'd start another thread for just recall info, but I figure that ship has sailed now.

Please post only here for opinons and debate, and leave the big thread for only recall details now.

Thank you in advance.

Dan

Last edited by Shockwave199; 02-22-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
This is an effort to provide an outlet for everyone who wishes to debate all things about the current recall, and hopefully keep the other recall thread on point about just recall info. I'd start another thread for just recall info, but I figure that ship has sailed now.

Please post only here for opinons and debate, and leave the big thread for only recall details now.

Thank you in advance.

Dan
Good idea!

I hope I brought enough for everyone!

Name:  PopcornHugeBags.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  91.0 KB

Old 02-22-2011, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member

Old 02-22-2011, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Well at least here's something almost all of us can agree on:

Old 02-22-2011, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
This thread is a good idea.

But the problem is that now that Alpha Quad has posted the actual bulletin and the VIN range...that exhausts a lot of the lingering concerns...you are either part of the recall or not....

The only statement I'll make at this point, is I'm wondering if Honda will ever officially post the VIN range..at the owners link? Or at least update the recall section so it works to reflect this information?

Has anyone NOT in Canada been that IS part of the recall been able to enter their VIN and find out they are part of the recall????

It really shouldn't be a grass roots movement from owners to get this information...even though I very much appreciate AlphaQuads obtainment and sharing of this information.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
concern trolling

Many dealers are still just getting the memo because Honda announced the recall early. I am not even affected by this being a GD owner, but I decided to ask a couple friends of mine that work at Muller Honda about this yesterday, one of them being the Service Advisor, and they are only now getting their service kits and information and prepping for the influx of cars.

Seriously, cut that crap out.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-22-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Do you know how to read Diamond Star?

You're real good at taking personal shots and calling people trolls and applying opinion to them...

But you don't seem very good at civil discussion.

You know, not posting childish pictures....not calling people trolls..adult like?

I didn't ask why dealers haven't posted information...I asked why Honda hasn't just posted the information...I'm hoping they will...

Could of headed off a lot of worrying...for a lot of people if they would of just posted the VIN range...as obtained by an owner....

Whatever the timeline for gathering the information? Who cares? The fact is it took a grass roots User of Fit Freak to get the information to us...it did not officially come 1st through Honda...

To me, The Honda's Owners Link....has been disappointing. When I purchased my automobile Honda's Owners Link was presented as a benefit of owning a Honda, an avenue of communication as an owner from Honda...

If I wasn't part of Fit Freak would I even know about this recall? If I depended on Honda's Owners Link as my sole source of information, I think I could easily miss that there is even a recall...and utilizing for any "extra" information about the recall has been a disappointing...at least thus far....

If Honda wants to use Owners Link as a tool for communication, it's my opinion they could utilize it much better than they have up to now...

Old 02-22-2011, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member

Old 02-22-2011, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
disappointing.
You know what's really disappointing? To open a thread and find you shitting all over it. Which is probably why the OP started this thread. So I intend to have fun with it. Juvenile pictures and all

You can ask the people on this forum and IRL that I help how they feel about me, my demeanor and my reading skillz.

And if you are going to take pot shots at my reading comprehension you might want to work on not mis-using ellipses.......................................... . every other sentence.....................

I could give you a polite and thorough dissertation but I don't care to. You will not be swayed or reassured. You feel like some sort of grave injustice was done to you by the evil Honda overlords and there will be no pleasing someone like you.

You remind me of Glenn Beck. Except no one is paying you to be a bleeding vagina.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Listen, I was again just doing what "supposedly" this thread was created to do. Debate/ discuss issues and feelings "surrounding" the recall.

I think my opinon that the Honda Owners link has been disappointing thus far in relationship to being a source to confirm or obtain information about this recall a valid opinion.

Do I get a discussion? Or an opinion either in agreement or disagreement? No..the usual clowns come out of the Big Top...to simply post stupid pictures and accuse me of being a troll...

I just have to quit...the old cliche "The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"...

I was just participating within this thread...YOU evidently just want to put me down, compare me to Glen Beck...

The same "crap" you were doing in the other thread...

So I quit...have fun...

Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
You're not alone, fitchet. I caught Diamondstar a number of times childishly critiquing innocent posts of mine, which is uncalled for. He seems to think he has an authority to take pop shots at anything posted by anyone here. So I just ignore him and hope an admin will serve him a reprimand at the least.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
You're not alone, fitchet. I caught Diamondstar a number of times childishly critiquing innocent posts of mine, which is uncalled for. He seems to think he has an authority to take pop shots at anything posted by anyone here. So I just ignore him and hope an admin will serve him a reprimand at the least.
You caught me, eh?

So people are only allowed to opine when they agree with you? Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from being offended.

This is a public forum, if you don't want the chance for critique don't post.

You have the same authority I do around here, and that is none.

What pray tell should I be reprimanded for?

You two pick the most petty crap to complain about. If this was a Rolls or a Lambo we were discussing I could understand.

Instead you guys are driving about in the cheapest car Honda offers and expect it to be flawless and that Honda should have the foresight to know every single little issue that could possibly arise in the field and when they don't you act like you have been personally wronged. I stand by my diagnosis of Automotive Hypochondriac for both of you.

You guys are ridiculous.

As far as admins and reprimand.. on most of the forums I frequent you two would've been banned for this non-sense. It's actually pretty refreshing how open-minded these mods are.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-22-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
It's like an OCD shooting gallery around here. When did that bus pull in??

AlphaQuad left us with this thought:
"*One last thing I thought this forum was here for FIT lovers to help each other out not bicker. It's so sad There should be a lot more informative info instead of a bunch of nonsense comments."

How about commenting on that.

K_C_

Old 02-22-2011, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
Ahhhh, already 14 posts saved from the other thread. I feel better now.

Dan

Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 PM
all together now... Captain Sensible

Old 02-23-2011, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters

Many dealers are still just getting the memo because Honda announced the recall early. I am not even affected by this being a GD owner, but I decided to ask a couple friends of mine that work at Muller Honda about this yesterday, one of them being the Service Advisor, and they are only now getting their service kits and information and prepping for the influx of cars.

Seriously, cut that crap out.
Yea my dealer just told me that Honda hasn't sent them the special tools needed to fix the recall problem. I posted this in the other thread too but I just wanted to share this here....not trolling lol.

On a side note, I wonder what kind of tools they need to fix this..

Old 02-23-2011, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Yea my dealer just told me that Honda hasn't sent them the special tools needed to fix the recall problem. I posted this in the other thread too but I just wanted to share this here....not trolling lol.

On a side note, I wonder what kind of tools they need to fix this..
It's mostly just the replacement parts they are waiting on. They should have all the tools to do it already.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
It's mostly just the replacement parts they are waiting on. They should have all the tools to do it already.
I wish that was the case. I'm taking my car in tomorrow for the fuel induction service (whatever that is) and then I'm going to have to take it in another day after they get these special tools.

Two birds with one stone, not this time

Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 AM
I would be looking for another dealer. The fuel injection service is 99.9% profit for the shop and can easily be done by you and $5 of injector cleaner. But I wouldn't do it, nor let them touch it.

Arbitrary service on the fuel injectors is totally bogus. Unless a symptom has appeared everything in the fuel delivery system is working just fine. I'll guarantee they've never asked about driveability issues, checked for DTC's and have not checked fuel pressure. And I would also say all those are just fine.

Run a few tanks of top-tier fuel every three months and if you don't know what that is use your google.

As far as the tools involved DSM is correct, if they can't pull a cylinder head cover and rocker assembly they should not be in business.

Wishing and hoping are best left for the tooth fairy. These guys have 'got you in the door' and that's how many make a buck.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 AM
as to the complaints about the owner's panel "lack of information":

they probably haven't posted it for the same reason you probably haven't gotten a snail-mail letter...they don't want an influx of cars to the dealerships if every dealership is not prepared to make the necessary repairs. just my thought.

Quick Reply: The official recall debate thread