2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda announces recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
That is entirely possible, but we should wait and see.

You can bet money they are investigating that
here's hoping not LOL

and thanks AQ!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
AlfaQuad, thank you so much for that info.

I really hate forums man. People are so incredibly fucking rediculous. To have to hop into this thread each day looking for important updates only to be FORCED to weed through all the inane bullshit you men [?] keeping churning is nothing short of one big pain in the FUCKING ASS. You can't even say 'just don't read it' with this one because there is info that we ALL need, but have to deal with all your bullshit.

The problem as I see it, is you people need a new thread for bickering. I'll help you out. Stay the fuck in there if you have nothing constructive to add about real DETAILS on the recall please. 15 pages of nonsense is just wrong.

Dan

Last edited by Shockwave199; 02-22-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 PM
My VIN isn't ...AC... it's ...AS...

Could someone please post the alphabet so I can see if my car is part of the recall?

Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
My VIN isn't ...AC... it's ...AS...

Could someone please post the alphabet so I can see if my car is part of the recall?
C is the VIN code for vehicles produced in the Saitama Factory
S is the VIN code for vehicles produced in the Suzuka Factory

interesting observation though that it seems the 2010 vehicles affected were all produced in Saitama

Old 02-22-2011, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AlphaQuad
interesting observation though that it seems the 2010 vehicles affected were all produced in Saitama
Could be a fairly simple reason as to why that is, but I won't go into it.

My VIN falls after the 2010 range. So. I guess I'm not affected.

Are cars stamps in consecutive order? As in, that range is the actual count?

edit: I forgot to add... how f-ing cool would it have been to be car 00001?!?

Last edited by Goobers; 02-22-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
C is the VIN code for vehicles produced in the Saitama Factory
S is the VIN code for vehicles produced in the Suzuka Factory

So to whomever it was the predicted it was a plant specific which suggests this is unique to a particular supplier, or batch of springs, please come claim your prize!

Old 02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry...

....if it's anything "debatable" I'm going to the discussion/debate thread. And believe it or not...now that we have the information just posted...I expect the whole discussion to die down...

At least until people actually start having the recall work done...then we can get the posts about how "better", "The Same" or "Worse" their automobiles are functioning....

A lot of you will be happy to know I dodged the bullet. No recall for me.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, Just a FYI for everyone.
I took my car in today to have the dealer check out the louder ticking noise I have been hearing(valves/injectors). I also inquired about the recall. They were not aware of it. The said they would check it out.

I just got a call from the dealer that my car valves and injectors were in spec(apparently fits have loud injectors). I did however need the to have the springs replaced as per the recall. This should help with the noise as well as the occasional rough engine I would feel at stoplights etc. Well the new springs are ordered and will be installed tomorow and I will report back as to the results.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by runbikerun
I took my car in today to have the dealer check out the louder ticking noise I have been hearing(valves/injectors). I also inquired about the recall. They were not aware of it. The said they would check it out.

I just got a call from the dealer that my car valves and injectors were in spec(apparently fits have loud injectors). I did however need the to have the springs replaced as per the recall. This should help with the noise as well as the occasional rough engine I would feel at stoplights etc. Well the new springs are ordered and will be installed tomorow and I will report back as to the results.
Doing this as part of the recall? I thought it wasn't supposed to go into effect until sometime in March.

Kinda reminds me of console/game launches... some shops would sell before the official release date.

Last edited by Goobers; 02-22-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: whoops, got the other message quoted
Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by runbikerun

You will become one of the Pioneers of The Process!

Congratulations...

Old 02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
I had the first 09 Fit in Orlando, and now it has it's down side

Old 02-22-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm at 90% oil life right now, I'll take my car in for the recall for the next oil change 10k down the road. Seems like the possibility of it breaking in that amount of time is astronomically small.

There is not a car maker out there that hasn't had a design or manufacturing problem at some point. As long as it's fixed at no cost to the customer, it's not a big deal to me.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cargun
I'm at 90% oil life right now, I'll take my car in for the recall for the next oil change 10k down the road. Seems like the possibility of it breaking in that amount of time is astronomically small.

There is not a car maker out there that hasn't had a design or manufacturing problem at some point. As long as it's fixed at no cost to the customer, it's not a big deal to me.
That is way too reasonable.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WiggumS2K
I had the first 09 Fit in Orlando, and now it has it's down side
I get that alot with computer parts. Buy the latest and greatest... then next week comes out with a revision. It runs faster, cooler, performs better at everything... and to top it off, it's cheaper at the store. WHAT THE HELL!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Alphaquad....thanks so much...

I'm in the recall, but have to wait until I get a letter I guess (ownerlink is slacking saying)

Old 02-22-2011, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cargun

Say you get the letter from honda on 3/15 but you don't plan on going in until your 10k oil change. If your engine got damaged as a result of the spring many months after receipt of the letter, could they claim you did not act in a timely manner and deny you free repair? I know you're still under warranty but I'm asking if your lack of timely action somehow voids the warranty. Pretty unlikely but if it were me, I'd like to know for sure.

Last edited by know-nothin; 02-22-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
no problem guys I just thought that by posting the information it would help with everyones anxiety and can at least help forum members know if they are included in the recall or not. I think we should all try to keep the forums as constructive as possible and keep unneeded information in another thread, that way people coming to look for info won't have to weed through multiple posts that have nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by know-nothin
Say you get the letter from honda on 3/15 but you don't plan on going in until your 10k oil change. If your engine got damaged as a result of the spring many months after receipt of the letter, could they claim you did not act in a timely manner and deny you free repair? I know you're still under warranty but I'm asking if your lack of timely action somehow voids the warranty. Pretty unlikely but if it were me, I'd like to know for sure.
My thoughts are, and just guesses here, although logical guesses:

Warranties are subject to the owner servicing the car by a competent resource(i.e. honda dealer).

So even if you threw out the letter or it didn't get to you, this recall would have popped up at the next service. So I would say you'd get a grace period until the maintenance schedule in the manual (go by months too, not just MM). Even independents who use an online repair manual should have TSBs popping up and should warn the owner.

That being said, if you did your own service or took it 3rd party, and it's 1year down the road, and you were one of the few who happen to have an issue due to this, I would guess that they would probably make a deal with you rather than completely throwing you out on the street, even if it occurs slightly out of warranty period.

They may even do a repair as a courtesy, or maybe say initially give you a huge $ amount, but then say negotiate down to some middle ground where you feel you got a good deal and leave not disgruntled. It just depends how good of a consumerist you can be.

Last edited by raytseng; 02-22-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
no problem guys I just thought that by posting the information it would help with everyones anxiety and can at least help forum members know if they are included in the recall or not. I think we should all try to keep the forums as constructive as possible and keep unneeded information in another thread, that way people coming to look for info won't have to weed through multiple posts that have nothing to do with the topic being discussed.
Good man! I'd give you more reps if I could.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by know-nothin
Good man! I'd give you more reps if I could.
Quoted for emphasis. Good info and a great attitude! +Rep'd

Quick Reply: Honda announces recall