2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

So, RED FIT Owners...your after market wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:40 PM
So, RED FIT Owners...your after market wheels...

What are you guys using?

I'm asking for my wife who's looking for some ideas for her Fit. So far, she (kinda) likes these but wishes there was more of a mix of silver (or gunmetal) and red and black. These might hint too much at "racing" look to her. I Photoshopped these wheels on her Fit (pardon the look, the wheels were at the wrong aspect angle for the photo of her Fit).

Show some pics of what you've done with your red one? Or ideas...

Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I personally feel the upgraded honda alloy wheels look fantastic with the red, and I've received so many compliments on them that I'm amazed more people don't run them. They have a fairly unique, deeper color to them that compliments Milano Red perfectly, in my opinion.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tauwolf
I personally feel the upgraded honda alloy wheels look fantastic with the red, and I've received so many compliments on them that I'm amazed more people don't run them. They have a fairly unique, deeper color to them that compliments Milano Red perfectly, in my opinion.
I haven't looked at them that much. What I DO know is this:

To get those from Honda would be costly (usually is, anyway) and also, that would force her to buy new tires (she only has 1,000 miles on these) as those wheels are 16's, I believe.

But I think we both like the idea of a little bit darker silver color instead of just "regular" silver.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
darker silver aka gunmetal.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by GGPJON
darker silver aka gunmetal.
I said it that way because of the different names for "a darker silver". Didn't want to list "gunmetal", "graphite", "gray", "mica", etc...

Old 02-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Slynky
I haven't looked at them that much. What I DO know is this:

To get those from Honda would be costly (usually is, anyway) and also, that would force her to buy new tires (she only has 1,000 miles on these) as those wheels are 16's, I believe.

But I think we both like the idea of a little bit darker silver color instead of just "regular" silver.

so you don't want to buy new tires? But your want slightly darker rims in the range of gunmetal? well then just paint the stock OE sport rims and call it a day.

Edit; oh wait, i guess from the picture you have a base with steel rims huh?

Last edited by EvoFit; 02-06-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by EvoFit
so you don't want to buy new tires? But your want slightly darker rims in the range of gunmetal? well then just paint the stock OE sport rims and call it a day.

Edit; oh wait, i guess from the picture you have a base with steel rims huh?
Correct.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 AM
If you're not willing to upgrade tires at the same time then you're setting yourself up for fail IMO. The sidewalls on the stock tires are simply too tall.

You could always sell the base wheels/tires to offset the cost of new tires.

BTW, black wheels look great on red...check out my picture thread.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  DSC01489.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  143.6 KB

yes i need to lower it,i know.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
If you're not willing to upgrade tires at the same time then you're setting yourself up for fail IMO. The sidewalls on the stock tires are simply too tall.

You could always sell the base wheels/tires to offset the cost of new tires.

BTW, black wheels look great on red...check out my picture thread.
Yeah, I told her that but she's not keen on taking the loss on used pieces...even IF she only has 1200 miles on the tires now. I told her she could find someone to sell them to who has been driving the pi$s out of their but, for now, I think it's a 15. 16s are minimum for good looks. Like to see what one looks like with 17s.

Can't figure out how to get to your photo page...

Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member

Here are 17" on my fit before winter came along. i think a full polish look would be awesome on the milano reds. hope this helps you.

Last edited by MR-GE8; 02-11-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by MR-GE8

Here are 17" on my fit before winter came along. i think a full polish look would be awesome on the milano reds. hope this helps you.
Nice ! Of course, that's the color choice I had on my RSX Type S beofre I sold it. That looks good on the red ! Wish I could see the spokes a bit more. And the 17s look good on there. Do the 17s cause any problems? Are you at 6.5 wide?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm curious to see if there are any white w/ red lip wheels that would accent my Fit well, but right now I'm looking for some quality lightweight rims seeing as something like that and some wider stickies would be one of the best things I could do for now. I know white rims are harder to maintain than any other, I've always wanted a set for some reason.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Mr Ge8, it looks like your back windows have darker tint on them than the fronts, is that law where you live? I know that's the way it is here at least, and if so has anyone given you trouble over the two front-front windows being tinted seeing as how they are considered part of the windshield?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:05 PM
looking good!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys. Sorry about the bad picture. I'll try to get you a better look at the rims. They are 17x7.5 +42 offset. Using Yokohama avid H4s 205/40/17 with minor rubbing issues on large bumps or full load.

As for the windows.. Here in BC, Canada we're only allowed to have the back windows tinted. When I went for the front tint, it came out darker than I thought it would. Got a ticket for it once but did not require me to get a VI for it. Nothing since then=) (knock on wood)

Old 02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by xSimply
I'm curious to see if there are any white w/ red lip wheels that would accent my Fit well, but right now I'm looking for some quality lightweight rims seeing as something like that and some wider stickies would be one of the best things I could do for now. I know white rims are harder to maintain than any other, I've always wanted a set for some reason.
I think white wheels on a red vehicle are a good combo--depending on the wheel design, though.

Why do you say they're the hardest to maintain?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey guys. Sorry about the bad picture. I'll try to get you a better look at the rims. They are 17x7.5 +42 offset. Using Yokohama avid H4s 205/40/17 with minor rubbing issues on large bumps or full load.

As for the windows.. Here in BC, Canada we're only allowed to have the back windows tinted. When I went for the front tint, it came out darker than I thought it would. Got a ticket for it once but did not require me to get a VI for it. Nothing since then=) (knock on wood)
Sounds almost like my RSX wheels.

Well, they look nice !

Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Here's a better picture. Ok I'll stop whoring pics now.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Here's a better picture. Ok I'll stop whoring pics now.

Naw, we don't be callin' it ho'in when people's ask for 'em.

Looking good ! I lke the look better than the black wheels with red stripes. Of course, it's wifey's car...she's just looking to get some ideas.

Quick Reply: So, RED FIT Owners...your after market wheels...