2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Another Fit joins the forum :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Another Fit joins the forum :)

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased my 09 Fit Sport Manual with it's wonderful orange coat I read this forum a lot when making my decision on the car and I eventually bought it. I'll post a pic of it as soon as I have one

So yea, thought I'd say hi.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome from Massachusetts!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Welcome

I just picked a 5spd up too fun little car

pics or it doesn't exist

Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads on your new Fit - what modifications are in planning stage?

Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Currently, not a whole lot because I happen to live in one of the most expencive places to insure a car in the world... And I'm not exactly of that "more mature" age yet (even though my speedometer probably couldn't tell :P)

Although browsing the forums here gives me some great ideas. But far down the road (many years from now) I will be gutting the engine and putting in electric because of my backround in robotics and electro-mechanical equipment. The light body with lots of room makes it a good candidate. But in the short term undecided.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!

Invest in wheel locks. /serious

Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TacCom
Currently, not a whole lot because I happen to live in one of the most expencive places to insure a car in the world... And I'm not exactly of that "more mature" age yet (even though my speedometer probably couldn't tell :P)

Although browsing the forums here gives me some great ideas. But far down the road (many years from now) I will be gutting the engine and putting in electric because of my backround in robotics and electro-mechanical equipment. The light body with lots of room makes it a good candidate. But in the short term undecided.

Sounds good but I am a "more mature" 54 year old and driving a modified Fit! Love it!LOL

Old 02-02-2011, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
It is funny how people lacking maturity, like myself, are drawn to the Fit. In twelve days I'll be 61 but my speedometer readings and amount of money I've spent on what's under the hood would lead you to believe otherwise.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:07 PM
welcome!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Lol. Yea, the Fit is a blast to drive, but I was more refering to my younger age :P Markham, ON is a really high cost to insure in due to the number of accidents, plus I'm under 25, and male. It's almost as if I have everything working against me to give me the highest insurance rate you can possibly get XD After about a month of comparison quotes and back and forth stuff and not ever being a principal driver on an insurance before (I got my licence a little later then most), I've got my best quote being 5,600 a year >.>

So even though I really do want to go nuts with this car... I really can't afford a single ticket :P

Old 02-02-2011, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Be careful, I went almost 29 years of riding very fast motorcycles and being a wild man without getting a ticket until I got this Fit.... I see why people in Boston rely on their feet and public transportation with such high insurance rates...

Old 02-02-2011, 02:44 PM
I can see that. That's why I got my licence later since I did just take transit. But I now work as an automation service tech so I need to drive to client sites and carry a fair number of parts. I needed a hatchback-type vehicle and the Fit was the only car that I enjoyed being in when I did my test-driving.

So, I bit the bullet, got the car financed and got my insurance. Paying $850 (insurance + payments) on a junior tech's salary still kinda stings though. I got some photos with my cell here from the snow, just need to upload them

Old 02-02-2011, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TacCom
I can see that. That's why I got my licence later since I did just take transit. But I now work as an automation service tech so I need to drive to client sites and carry a fair number of parts. I needed a hatchback-type vehicle and the Fit was the only car that I enjoyed being in when I did my test-driving.

So, I bit the bullet, got the car financed and got my insurance. Paying $850 (insurance + payments) on a junior tech's salary still kinda stings though. I got some photos with my cell here from the snow, just need to upload them
My father was 35 before he had to buy a car because the bus line he relied on and bought our second house to be closer to was shut down.... After WW2 Dallas gradually began shutting down the street car and a lot of the bus lines but have started rebuilding the system in recent years... Even in the 60s you were screwed if you weren't home by midnight and didn't have cab fare... I live out in the woods in a rural area and have to drive over 200 miles going back and forth to medical appointments so having decent transportation is a must. Around here kids can't afford to leave the nest until they are almost middle aged in some cases... Some of my neighbors have built houses or put trailers on their property to house children up in their 40s where nearby people have built mansions that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to maintain... It is crazy how much it cost to have a roof over your head and transportation these days.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forums and to the fit!

Old 02-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
howdy, and welcome to the forums