2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MOTIVATION. Sickest fit in atl. Everything is right!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Man I didn't know I'm from the ATL! hahah

Good or bad, whatever - I'm glad that my car has brought at least some form of entertainment to you guys. Whether you like it or not, that's completely up to you. I build my cars for me, you build your cars for you. We're all here because we own fits and we like to read/learn, look at pictures and help our little community. Well, that's how I look at it at least.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
I'm placing my Fit on a Samuri frame w/ a 4" lift and raise white letter tires. oops wrong threaad my bad

Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by danielg
Man I didn't know I'm from the ATL! hahah

Good or bad, whatever - I'm glad that my car has brought at least some form of entertainment to you guys. Whether you like it or not, that's completely up to you. I build my cars for me, you build your cars for you. We're all here because we own fits and we like to read/learn, look at pictures and help our little community. Well, that's how I look at it at least.
Fair enough, Once upon a time I put LED lights absolutely everywhere on my car and thought SPL was the coolest thing ever, so I can't hate too much.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Classic! The good ol' SHOW or GO debate.

I think just having a passion to mod a car makes us the same and just like artists we all have different pallets but we are painting on the same canvas. Its all an artform and none of us can really judge someone for taking one approach over another.

Now go outside and play nice!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
The car looks good but I would never survive with a drop that low. Everyone does their own cars according to the look they are going for.
I am driving my Fit back to stock and it is killing me. I have to say that the Fit has made me realize that I will never drive another vehicle stock. Just too much fun driving something different and unique.

Cat

Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
So I really only wanted to respond to a couple... so here we go.

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
its a stock fit with mugen lipkit and wheels that dont fit? hellaflush, canibeat, fanboys... triple face palm
Stock engine? Yes. Wheels that don't fit? Yes, well hell yes. Hellaflush? More like shit ton of poke. Canibeat? I was featured, Yes. Fanboy? I'm not sure what you're relating to. Elaborate on that please. If it's about stance and wheels? Fuck no. I've been doing slammed as fuck and flush for years, and just the past couple of years I've gotten into poke. F*ck fanboys. Yes, I said it, and I don't appreciate that name being associated with me.

Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]

To put this differently, let's talk about motivation. What exactly does being hellaflush do to the automobile that is beneficial to the driving experience... Nothing. But then why do people do it? I would argue they do it because it is fashionable, because they are socially reinforced that this is a good or cool thing. I believe these are the same people who would have been ricers in the late 90s early 00s tuner scene with big spoilers and garish body kits. The fashions change, but the people don't.
Having, in my opinion, a really low stance and really aggressive set of wheels does absolutely nothing beneficial to my driving experience. Hell it takes away from it because its so low, it rubs and scrapes everywhere (even on bags! I don't have that much lift!), tires wear out faster etc etc etc. Why do i do it? Because I like to look it. Was I a ricer in 2001? No I had a turbo eclipse, 50 trim turbo and all. And all of the other 15 or so cars i've had from then to now did not have big spoilers or body kits. I can show you pics too...I can tell you that they all were at the absolute lowest ride height I could daily on and most had flush wheels.

Going hellaflush (if you don't pay someone else to do it) does require some basic to intermediate mechanical skills and a small tolerance for risk. This is one aspect of it that I respect. But, going FI (If you're not just buying a kit and you are tunning yourself) requires intermediate mechanical skills, intermediate mathematical skills, basic chemistry skills, intermediate physics skills, and a much greater tolerance for risk. It is a very interdisciplinary exercise. Yet, nobody in the hellaflush crowd ever talks about the mechanics of what they do unless it involves rubbing and this is a very easy thing to correct with camber, tires, offset, and fender rolling. I just wish more people would aspire to something greater. Even I'm not satisfied with where I am at. Who knows, maybe in 5 years I'll purchase (or even build) a cnc machine to create my own custom parts. I don't ever see this with the hellaflush guys, they slam their car, think their God's gift to the world, and spend the next 2 years talking about it and recruiting others to do the same and perhaps mulling over the next must have bolt-on parts.
While I totally see where you're coming from, there are a lot of exceptions to that rule. If you want me to write you the math formulas on how to measure wheels, calculate where they will sit, the allignment spec you need to take into consideration, fender modifications, tire stretching and how to do everything, I'm open. I've never turned down anyone who's had questions about it or how it works.

..and it would be freakin awesome if you got a CNC machine.

The same goes for the hellaflush people. I doubt they ever went to home depot, looked at a 2 3/8 steel fence post and thought, "damn that would make a good charge pipe"

Don't get me wrong, there are some FI guys who do it just because they think its fashionable, but because of the higher intellectual cost of admission (when not buying a kit) there are fewer of them on this side.

Anyway, I'm done ranting. It's been fun.
I've actually gone to home depot a bunch of times in my go fast days hahaha. It's funny how that shit actually works out when you're walking down an isle and a light bulb goes off.

Anyways, I'll say this in hopes that you can think openly - not everyone wants to go fast. I've been there, and done that (+ I can hop on a sportbike if I really wanted to go fast. If you haven't already, do it! ). Just because someone doesn't want to make their car faster doesn't mean they aren't are smart as guy who are into forced induction.

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I am willing to bet he is dropped on the stock roll centers......

Any ape with a basic tool set can do what was done to that Fit. Though the ape might know better.
I sure am. I have no need/want to change those at the moment. You should also know that I'm running no front sway bar. I haven't found a good solution for the end links since there's constant up and down, so I just took it all off. In case you didn't know, the bags constantly change psi as it absorbs bumps on the road, meaning that my "spring rates" are not static. My front suspension is so bad that it's probably adding precious seconds to the time attacks that I'm not participating in. Damn it.That really sucks.

I guess I don't know better than an ape.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:26 PM
to all the people saying its too low, it's on bags. Its not like that when he's driving, only when parked.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Fair enough, Once upon a time I put LED lights absolutely everywhere on my car and thought SPL was the coolest thing ever, so I can't hate too much.
To some people LEDs and SPL are still the coolest things.

I can appreciate SPL. LEDS are a different story though lol

Old 01-27-2011, 10:28 PM
your car is straight sexy. keep up the work man.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
I sure am. I have no need/want to change those at the moment. You should also know that I'm running no front sway bar. I haven't found a good solution for the end links since there's constant up and down, so I just took it all off. In case you didn't know, the bags constantly change psi as it absorbs bumps on the road, meaning that my "spring rates" are not static. My front suspension is so bad that it's probably adding precious seconds to the time attacks that I'm not participating in. Damn it.That really sucks.

I guess I don't know better than an ape.
Theres no real issue with running no front sway bar.. at a drag strip. I am also well versed in how fluid bladders absorb shock loads, thank you.

If you don't know why RCAs are a good idea, just look at the effective angles of your control arms and the rest of your running gear when dropped. You are putting awkward stresses and strains on parts that were designed to operate under the weight of a 2500lb car in a certain intended configuration.

And yes blueprinting, balancing, clearancing building and tuning a forced induction system on a spark ignition engine on crappy pump gas or rebuilding/shimming/loading a transmission is a hell of a lot harder than bagging, poking, rolling and dropping your car.

If you are implying it takes talent and brains to do what you are doing, then why not do something other than follow the pack?

You are allowed to do whatever you like with your car. We are entitled to our opinions. This is a public forum. While it is regrettable that you were not the one who got to choose that your car was posted here, I still maintain my position.

There exist nice, clean flushed & dropped Fits.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-27-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
I'd rather have a bone stock Fit...that one looks retarded.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Theres no real issue with running no front sway bar.. at a drag strip. I am also well versed in how fluid bladders absorb shock loads, thank you.

If you don't know why RCAs are a good idea, just look at the effective angles of your control arms and the rest of your running gear when dropped. You are putting awkward stresses and strains on parts that were designed to operate under the weight of a 2500lb car in a certain intended configuration.

And yes blueprinting, balancing, clearancing building and tuning a forced induction system on a spark ignition engine on crappy pump gas or rebuilding/shimming/loading a transmission is a hell of a lot harder than bagging, poking, rolling and dropping your car.

If you are implying it takes talent and brains to do what you are doing, then why not do something other than follow the pack?

You are allowed to do whatever you like with your car. We are entitled to our opinions. This is a public forum. While it is regrettable that you were not the one who got to choose that your car was posted here, I still maintain my position.

First off I'm not implying that it takes talent and brains to do slam a car on aggressive wheels, I'm stating the fact that there are people, who are into wheel fitment ,that know what they are doing and are smarter than just bolting shit together and "making" it fit. Some of us actually put thought into our setups... And I'm not following a trend when I've been doing this shit for just about 10 years.

I never said I that I didn't think roll center adjusters aren't a good idea, I simply said I didn't have a need or want for them at the moment.

I also never said or meant to imply that rebuilding an engine or transmission is harder than doing air suspension or rocking aggressive wheel fitment. I'm stating that just because someone is into wheel fitment doesn't mean that they, as you would say it, don't know any better than an ape.

I think you should stand behind your position, and I appreciate your passion toward your opinion. However, when I did the work myself, and you say "any ape with tools and can do that, but the ape probably knows better" is horse shit. You're basically talking shit to me AND everyone who's ever done what I've done to my car.

I think its great to have strong beliefs and be opinionated, but don't talk shit to people in the same community, and/or who like to modify their cars a certain way. We are all automotive enthusiasts. We all have our opinions on certain cars, but it's wrong to judge a person based on the way that persons modifies their car. I know a millionaire that doesn't know much about wheel fitment, yet he is insanely smart in all other aspects in life... And I'm 100% sure he can't rebuild an engine.

... And to agree with you there are nice fits that are slammed on nice wheels. There are also bad ass cars with built engines and race suspension. There are even completely stock, well maintained cars that I admire. While I may not modify my cars the way they do, I can easily appreciate their work and effort.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
I'm so conflicted.

On the one hand I just want to say you have a good attitude and little else matters.

On the other hand I have so much fun messing with the hellaflush guys

I think I will decide not to decide for now.

EDIT: So, I decided to look through some hellaflush/poke forums and find a vehicle I like to help expand my mind.

I found this, it pleases me.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-28-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
I think I will decide I like your turbo. Haha

The funny part about all this talk is that on the way home from work I was thinking about how awesome it would be to have a great handling fit. Id like to be able to just smash on a freeway on/off ramp. I'm tempted to drop the bags and go full suspension build. If I go this route, I'll probably be hittin you up forrest help with some go fastness.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
* for, not Forrest. Stupid iPhone auto correct.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member

What pack must he follow then???

You and him are both basically following certain "packs".

While you follow the pack of performance, he on the other hand is following the pack of style.

While I respect your infinite amount of knowledge and you yourself DSM, sometimes you come off a bit much of a know it all type of guy. Granted you can definitley be categorized as such (in a good way ok) because you do know what you are talking about.

All I'm saying is the guy may not satisfy some peoples' taste in automotive modification, but at least give some credit as his car does look nice and cleanly done. I for one prefer function with a hint of form.

Last edited by onemiglandicho; 01-28-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
man that pink van, wagon, car thing is MaD jDm TyTe yO.

ThAtS GoInG tO bE tHe 3rD VeRsIoN oF mY CaR i bUiLd. i eSpEcIaLLy LiKe ThE BiG BaNnEr ThInG oN ThE LoWeR PaRt oF tHe WiNdoW y0!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:54 AM

...they slam their car, think their God's gift to the world, and spend the next 2 years talking about it and recruiting others to do the same and perhaps mulling over the next must have bolt-on parts.
How does a stanced/ bagged Fit hurt so many butts?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
First off I'm not implying that it takes talent and brains to do slam a car on aggressive wheels, I'm stating the fact that there are people, who are into wheel fitment ,that know what they are doing and are smarter than just bolting shit together and "making" it fit. Some of us actually put thought into our setups... And I'm not following a trend when I've been doing this shit for just about 10 years.

I never said I that I didn't think roll center adjusters aren't a good idea, I simply said I didn't have a need or want for them at the moment.

I also never said or meant to imply that rebuilding an engine or transmission is harder than doing air suspension or rocking aggressive wheel fitment. I'm stating that just because someone is into wheel fitment doesn't mean that they, as you would say it, don't know any better than an ape.

I think you should stand behind your position, and I appreciate your passion toward your opinion. However, when I did the work myself, and you say "any ape with tools and can do that, but the ape probably knows better" is horse shit. You're basically talking shit to me AND everyone who's ever done what I've done to my car.

I think its great to have strong beliefs and be opinionated, but don't talk shit to people in the same community, and/or who like to modify their cars a certain way. We are all automotive enthusiasts. We all have our opinions on certain cars, but it's wrong to judge a person based on the way that persons modifies their car. I know a millionaire that doesn't know much about wheel fitment, yet he is insanely smart in all other aspects in life... And I'm 100% sure he can't rebuild an engine.

... And to agree with you there are nice fits that are slammed on nice wheels. There are also bad ass cars with built engines and race suspension. There are even completely stock, well maintained cars that I admire. While I may not modify my cars the way they do, I can easily appreciate their work and effort.

I think you are reading way too much into this. And if I am talking shit to anyone at this point its you, I guess. But if you are going to make it out to "everyone"...

It feels like the whole "look" came about because it was basically what cheap kids (who couldn't bother to research things like camber or toe) who just got into cars wound up with when they put lowering springs and large wheels on their first car.

I may be more biased than some on this matter because I help people rehab what they or a previous owner have done to a car.

I wasn't saying you personally were dumb, I was saying it is not especially hard to do which is what drew my comment because it was the OPs contention that this is the "sickest Fit" in ATL, and it is not necessarily the best idea if you won't go the whole nine yards and fix your suspension geometry..

But way to extrapolate my off the cuff comment on your particular car to insulting everyone. Not "everyone" who does this leaves important items like the control arms at crazy angles.

But then again, not everyone can figure out how to setup and install an airbag system so you certainly get respect from me for that. While not exceptionally difficult or rare it does require a healthy technical understanding and the confidence to dive in, again this I can appreciate.

Your car is clean as well, but to me it just looks.. broken. And if you would drop the money on bags why not tweak the rest of the suspension?

There are some really nice ones on this board. Several mentioned in this thread even. So I am not referring to everyone who likes aggressive wheels, drops, bodykits and rolls... Felix being a great example, maybe at the extreme end of the spectrum though.

Not even just dropped with crazy wheels. People who even put LEDs in funky places. Cars like Perrenoud's, vinnymac, and many others who go above and beyond in making their rides outlandish, functional and unique.

I enjoy crazy ideas and new things, I can also appreciate a well done, nice looking and functional "flush" car.

I gave my opinion on your car. I have never met you and did not attempt to comment on your character especially since you were not initially here to fend for yourself.

You would probably laugh at my Plymouth as it is an ugly pile. And you would be entitled to that opinion.

I could get upset about it, or I could just take it in stride.

So just like when someone asks me if it's "JDM" or calls me a ricer or treats me like a kid for having a turbo 4cyl, it comes with the territory. I just nod and smile.

Not everybody is gonna "get" it. How about you get some thicker skin?

I am not hating everyone who does cosmetic work, or goofy stuff like hydraulics or even put their car on "donks." Because sometimes they can look cool too. So don't put words in my mouth.

And since you brought it up, what have you been doing for the last ten years? "Hellaflush?"

This^ is genuine curiousity at this point, not shit talking.

Although we can keep doing that and go nowhere I am not alone in disliking it, but for just about everyone that chimed in with "hate" you are getting props from the crowd here that likes it.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-28-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry for the Hijack! But if you guys have a moment why not stop by my unscientific poll:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/wast...lush-cool.html

Warning, it's in the wasteland and yes it's private so please answer honestly.

I'm just curious to know if this is just a misconception of mine or not.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-28-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Quick Reply: MOTIVATION. Sickest fit in atl. Everything is right!