2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Windshield Sunshade

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Windshield Sunshade

Can someone recommend a good and effective windshield sunshade for our Fits. I came across a few and was wondering if someone can give me some insight into what may have worked for them. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM
I've got the sunshade from HandA. It works great when in place. But its huge and a pain to unroll or roll up.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks Malraux, it does look huge and effective, but as you said, looks kinda a pain to roll and unroll. I wish they do fold up nicely.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
I bought an extra large size one from the local Kmart-- it folds easily. You have to get the visors situated just right to hold in place, but it works well.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
I bought the biggest sun shade I could find at my local Autozone store. It was less than $15.00.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:23 PM
amazon

Easy to collapse. Becomes about the size of a frisbee.

Amazon.com: Basix Magic Shade Super Jumbo Sunshade (Styles May Vary): Automotive

Old 01-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Old 01-22-2011, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
I bought a Heatshield from Canvas Works.

It is comparitevly expensive in relationship to other options. BUT...

It fits perfectly...including coverage for the forward side windows. Good Quality.
Yes, The Fit window is big...so any cover that covers it...is also going to be big. However, the heatshield rolls up,with a velcro attachment and I have found it's useage to NOT be as daunting as I would of thought. It can be rolled up quickly...and I personally usually just store in in the space underneath the rear seats of The Fit when they are down....out of sight...out of mind....

My Fit is Black..windows untinted....The Heatshield was a must...I'd recommend the product.

Whatever you decide...a custom fitting option is really nice...

Old 01-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks fitchet, sounds like Heatshield is the best one for the FIT so far. I do not mind paying a bit more if it fits well, looks good and easy to use...

I am trying to imagine how your Heatshield will look like on your FIT...looks good?

Old 01-23-2011, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
Well, I wouldn't say it looks "good", it's a reflective heatshield, so it looks pretty much like any reflective sunshade. But the advantage is it is precision made to fit the window perfectly. Including around the rearview mirror and the front small side windows.

I don't want to misrepresent ease of use either. It is the size of the window plus side windows...so it is big. You do have to roll it up. But before I bought it, I was worried that it would be a real pain, but I've found it really isn't that bad.

The real nice thing, is rolled up I can slide it underneath the rear seats.

I'm happy with it. Bottom line recommendation is that given the amount of glass a Fit has, I'd really recommend a shade custom made to fit the window.

My Honda dealer had a shade supposedly made to "fit" the Fit...but they were out of stock when I went to purchase. So I ended up ordering the Heatshield.

I think given the window size and the small size of The Fit...a good reflective shade is maybe more important than a lot of other vehicles. It keeps the interior tempature under control...I also like that it helps protect the dash by keeping the beating sun off it.....

Old 02-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi all! I am new to the forum and I love my wife's 2010 Honda Fit. It is the dark blue, purpleish color. Anyway, I saw your topic and I just wanted to mention that for the last few cars we have always found sunshades, but one in particular we love. It is so easy to use. Installation isn't the easiest, takes some planning, but you never have to worry about it again, and it really isn't that difficult. The sunshade fits on the windshield and sits there while you drive (out of sight) so you don't have to mess with trying to take it out or roll it up, etc. For lack of better terms, it basically does an "accordion" fold up method to the side of the window for while it isn't in use. Then, when you need it, you just pull the leather tabs and it Velcros in the middle of your windshield. Very easy to use. If any of you are interested, here is the link. The website says it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery but I received mine in 3 weeks. It is a tad expensive, but well worth every penny! I will try and upload some pictures if I can.

Honda Fit Custom Sun Shade

If you have any questions just ask me and I will try and help.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Thumbs down I had a regular size...

Originally Posted by feddup
Easy to collapse. Becomes about the size of a frisbee.

Amazon.com: Basix Magic Shade Super Jumbo Sunshade (Styles May Vary): Automotive
One of these for my old car and it worked well. The Jumbo size is much more of a pain to collapse and fold. I took it out of the car, it was too much of a pain.