2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Help Me Hook Up My Fit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Exclamation Help Me Hook Up My Fit!!!

I sold my 99 Accord EX-V6 last night (great car), thank you craigslist, and wish to throw the cash into my Fit. 2010 Fit Sport, MT, CBP.

I have already installed a few things- Mugen short shifter/shift knob and the Mugen pedals. All of which look and function great. Now Im looking into some preformance mods.

What Im set on: Tanabe DF210 springs, HKS Hi Power exhaust, and an additional set of wheel locks, since Fit wheels are being jacked like hotcakes. Ill also be piecing together a turbo kit soon. I suppose while Im at it, Ill slap on those Mugen visors to keep you happy.

Id like to hear your suggestions on a decent air intake, better tires, suspension components, and anything else you can throw at me.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Ya know, instead of waiting for people to tell you what you can do, why not look around for what you might want to do.

For example, as of this posting... There's a thread immediately after your thread that talks about a "DIY turbo" cause there really isn't a turbo kit for the USDM Fit GE8 (2009+).

Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by bogart333
Id like to hear your suggestions on a decent air intake, better tires, suspension components, and anything else you can throw at me.
I am aware of the turbo situation, that is why it said "piecing together" in my original post. Was just hoping to hear from someone who had a setup with any of the above components.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Do whatever you want bro.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:17 PM
I feel so liberated all of a sudden. =)

Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bogart333
I did not ask anyone to tell me what to do, and your assumption that I have not looked around myself is, well... your assumption.

Theres really no need to reply simply to treat me like i am uninformed. I listed my plans, and was hoping for someone to build off that.
My "assumption" is based only on what you put. And you do sound like you want people to tell you what to do.

I don't know whether you've done a search, but again, it sounded like you didn't since you could've just posted to topics that are right in front of you.

If you want some to "piece" together a turbo kit for you, maybe you should go into the thread where a guy HAS done one.

I, myself, am curious about springs, so I posted in threads where it is relevant at the moment.

What is it about the stuff you listed? You want people to tell you how that combination handles? Cause that's not what it seemed like you were asking.

I don't like people who try to "pick fights" in PM. Thats cowardly.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Normally, I would edit when I put additional posts before others posts. But for now, I won't edit anything.

It would be helpful to others... if you had mention you intentions for the car.

Do you want a more comfortable daily driver?

Do you want to track it?

Do you want a "road warrior?"

Maybe you just want a show car (plenty of competitions for that)?

Maybe it's just something you want to show off to your friends?

Looking at just want you've listed... I'm inclined to say you don't really know... And just dumping anything that might get you some attention. But this is just my opinion (no, not being sarcastic).

Old 01-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Thank you for being rude, and then offering help. Youre either bi polar, or my ex.

Heres a copy of the super mean PM I sent:
"I did not ask anyone to tell me what to do, and your assumption that I have not looked around myself is, well... your assumption.
Theres really no need to reply simply to treat me like i am uninformed. I listed my plans, and was hoping for someone to build off that."

-A vicious attack, to be sure. I didnt know I was capable of such malice.

Lets clear one thing up first: I did not try to "pick a fight" in a PM. I addressed the issues you brought up concerning my post. I did so in a PM due to the fact that I wanted to speak directly to you, not put it out on the forums for everyone to see... but since that went out the window I guess Ill continue.

Second, I have done plenty of searching the forums, since the parts I stated in my original post are some of the ones most preferred by the members of this forum.

For the last time, I do not need help with a turbo. Read the original post, re read the quoted response, highlighting what I was asking for (read: NOT TURBO) and drop it.

Finally, I respectfully decline your request to post on the 89th page of a thread and hope for information. I just asked for suggestions from members who had tried any of the parts I listed (for the third time)-suspension components, air intake, tires etc. Unfortunately, all I got was a face full of Troll babble.

And about your post above, yeah, I want to spend the money on my car to look cool for my friends/strangers. I like spending my hard earned money to please others superficially. Not to simply make the car perform better...

Last edited by bogart333; 01-14-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads on your Fit and welcome to the forum. Mugen direction is always a good way to go. There are so many options that you can go with. Most items you listed are good to go on a Fit. I have a Megan
Racing axle back exhaust and I love the nice tone it gives me without being too loud. You can find some sounds on You Tube for different exhaust on the Fit to give you an idea of the tones. Any other Mugen
parts in the works?

Cat

Old 01-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks Cat. I was looking at the HKS Hi Power the same way. I like a nice tone, not too loud. I had an Apexi exhaust on a 96 civic hatch for the same reasons.

Mugen tends to be a little on the pricey side. The short shifter, while being a solid improvement over the stock part, is still overpriced. It does make me smile just to know its in there though.

Your car looks great btw!

Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Know what you mean by making you smile. I have a Password JDM CF manifold cover that makes me smile when I pop up the hood! LOL! that is what it is all about. Doing what makes you happy about your car.

Thanks - I show the car in shows all over the state in import classes and have a good time telling people about the Fit - most people have never heard of it.

Cat