2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

those with aftermarket spings...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM
those with aftermarket spings...

i'm thinking of getting a set of eibach sportline springs. how much stiffer is the ride compared to stock suspension? did you have to get a camber kit to help with tirewear? i recently bought a fit to use as my daily commuter so long tire life would be ideal but i also want to mod it a little.

Last edited by ACS Rob; 01-12-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 PM
megans for the gd are nice1 and cheap!

Old 01-13-2011, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
The ride is about 15-20% stiffer than stock. I had the Pro Kit on mine and even that kit brought it pretty low for me.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
On swift springs here myself....not too much stiffer than stock. They're really awesome though. If you ask anyone who has them on these forums you'll get nothing but good feedback! No camber required either.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
megans for the gd are nice1 and cheap!
I have megans for the ge8. They are excellent. same drop as the swift but half the price and greatly reduces body roll. 195s never rub on stock rims with them and every once in a great while 205s will rub. I think the big selling point for my inner ricer is that the megan springs are orange and my car is orange. I usually dont like to talk about springs since its such a worn out subject here, but i do recommend them.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-13-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 PM
where can i purchase megan springs from? any place you guys recommend? i saw some eibach for less than $170 shipped for a new set which is why i wanted them but if megans are good as you guys claim, i'm willing to give them a shot.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
If your car is a daily driver you really should look up the Swift Spring thread and see why those that have them are so crazy about them... They are top sellers for high dollar cars in Europe and Japan and worth the price... They provide much more than a dropped look providing improved handling and comfort... They are designed more as a means of improving your driving experience rather than just primarily to provide a performance look.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If your car is a daily driver you really should look up the Swift Spring thread and see why those that have them are so crazy about them... They are top sellers for high dollar cars in Europe and Japan and worth the price... They provide much more than a dropped look providing improved handling and comfort... They are designed more as a means of improving your driving experience rather than just primarily to provide a performance look.
hum... TC, do you think the Swift springs would affect the Fit's straight line stability (on a highway)? Based on the pdf from Swift's site, their sport springs lowers the Fit (GE) by about 1.2-1.0 (F-R).... so that means a little less air under the car and a lower center of gravity. and of course the spring itself for what they call "Increase handling, control, and performance."

honestly, i wasn't all that interested in doing this before... but I'm tired of the odd feeling on the highway (that one stupid section!).

Old 01-14-2011, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
$135 shipped:

They are progressive springs but I can't find any published spring rate. These DO ride stiffer than stock. The car has a tighter, more stable feeling with them and turns are much more enjoyable as the car rolls less. But the bumps are more pronounced. The ge8 has a much stiffer chassis than the gd3 and as a result, stiffer springs should cause a more noticable effect when you hit bumps. because they are progresive I find that the small bumps are perhaps slightly less noticable than before. But the big big bumps are... interesting. A couple of times on the highway it actually felt like the car was getting airborne when I hit a big hump. Shocks would correct this, but they are not available, and its much cooler to say 'I'm saving for coilovers' all the time anyway

Megan Racing Lowering Springs 2009-2010 Honda Fit - eBay (item 360332199284 end time Jan-28-11 18:13:51 PST)

claimed drop is 1.25 but it measures closer to 1.5

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-14-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
hum... TC, do you think the Swift springs would affect the Fit's straight line stability (on a highway)? Based on the pdf from Swift's site, their sport springs lowers the Fit (GE) by about 1.2-1.0 (F-R).... so that means a little less air under the car and a lower center of gravity. and of course the spring itself for what they call "Increase handling, control, and performance."

honestly, i wasn't all that interested in doing this before... but I'm tired of the odd feeling on the highway (that one stupid section!).
I wasn't interested either until I first read about Swift Mach springs online and then heard what people had to say on forums... I like the ride a lot, firm but not at all jarring... Unlike springs with less travel they very gradually increase in firmness when cornering and don't all at once lose traction and send you out into the boonies or into a curb... I have gone way faster than a stock fit will go down hill with a tailwind and my car feels stable with them on it even though there is a little less caster with the front end .5" lower.... The lip on the GE cars is a little higher from the ground than the GDs with them on them... I pulled out my rear seats so the back is a little higher now and that caused the front to be lower at the lip and that is a pain but over all they are a real improvement. I can promise you will like them because everyone else that has them does a whole lot. They and very light wheels completely changed my car.