2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2011 New FIt Buyer Thread! Check in here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Bought my 2011 AT w/ NAVI white on April 1. Loving it so far. Can't complain about the gas saving.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:16 PM
khb
Based on my reading of this forum, my wife and I just changed our order from a Base Fit (5MT) to a Sport Fit (5MT). The overriding factor with us was the 16" alloy wheels with the better selection of tires at that rim dimension. I also liked the security system with remote entry, the rear stabilizer bar and the fog lights.

Last edited by khb; 04-16-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: duplicate information in signature
Old 04-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a noob here. I've been browsing these forums for a couple of months leading up to my purchase of my Taffeta White 2011 Fit Sport (AT) w/Nav last week. I'm loving her so far, but still working on figuring out the Nav system. Even my husband, who is pretty tech savvy, is getting frustrated with it after using an easy peazy Garmin in his Element. Any general tips? I'll post some specific questions in a separate thread.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:19 PM
whats the problem with the Navi?
it's pretty straight forward, put in the street name...address manually, or phone number.
did you read the manual?, there's a seperate manual just for the Navi unit and voice commands and use, that always helps

Old 04-20-2011, 09:51 AM
have been driving my 2011 orange 5mt for a week now, loving it! Now I am actually waiting for gas prices to go higher!

Old 04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
The Fit is not my first choice for a ride. But I cannot argue with the reviews and owners input! I really do not want to buy a new car, but its time, 12 years with my Windstar and it's tired.
So it is off to the dealers to try and make a deal. I am going for the Fit with Automatic. Shows a list price of $16,650 with shipping. The Alarm seems to be an option for MSRP of $166, that is all I want to add.
I checked Truecar and they show the GREAT PRICE of less than $15,243. So will let you know what kind of negotiations I can do! BTW the dealers in Florida are trying to rape people for $300 dealer fees! The law says if you charge one person a dealer fee, you have to charge everybody. Make sure you get it off the price.
I want either the Silver or Light blue.
JIm 0311

Old 04-20-2011, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
I just got home with my brand new 2011 Honda Fit Base 5MT in white. I got out the door for $17.2k. Which is a little high for these but the dealer jumped through hoops to get me the exact car I wanted so they earned it. :yes:

I got the car with 113 miles on it but the salesman I was working with went and got the car personally from a dealership 50 miles away so that is right on the money with what I was expecting it to have.

I bought the car from Joyce Honda in Denville NJ and worked with Jamie Monge. Fantastic to deal with, both the dealer and the salesman.

I am loving it so far. I was reading the problems thread and it seems carpet wear is an issue. Mine came with a stuck on rubber mat in the drivers foot well. I don't know when they started adding that but nice of them to adress the problem. I will probably get weathertecks sometime though. I am in the break in period so I haven't gunned it yet but it sure handles nice. Big upgrade over my 1997 Civic EX coupe 5mt with 186,000 miles on it. (which will be going on the market soon).

And now the car.

Name:  DSCF7190Custom.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  24.0 KB

Old 04-21-2011, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Hey x25- Congrats on your new car! To me getting the exact color and car I wanted was important- my dealer went through hoops to to find a TWB last May. So I didn't mind paying a bit more, either. Hope to have this car for many many years.
I was at my dealer last week to show them a worn spot in the carpet-- which they said they will replace under warranty.
I saw 7 new Fits and none of them were white & none were MT.

Would you post a photo of the rubber mat by the driver foot well? thanks

Old 04-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Just came back from the Honda dealer. I want to trade in a 98 Ford windstar with 190,00 mi on it. I'm looking at a base fit with auto for MSRP $16,650.

The dealer offered me $18,638 out the door with my trade. I laughed smiled and said I don't think so. He sulked off and came back with his best possible price of $17,000 with my trade out the door.

I explained to him I do not want the car that bad and he let me walk at $17,000 out the door. There are lots of dealers and I have lots of time, I'm shooting for $15,000 out the door with my trade!
JIm 0311

Old 04-21-2011, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Hey x25- Congrats on your new car! To me getting the exact color and car I wanted was important- my dealer went through hoops to to find a TWB last May. So I didn't mind paying a bit more, either. Hope to have this car for many many years.
I was at my dealer last week to show them a worn spot in the carpet-- which they said they will replace under warranty.
I saw 7 new Fits and none of them were white & none were MT.
Yeah, this was the last one within any reasonable kind of distance. I was glad to get it.

Would you post a photo of the rubber mat by the driver foot well? thanks
Ask and ye shall receive. And if you can't tell it's a bit muddy around where I live.

Name:  mms_picture2Large.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  81.6 KB

Old 04-21-2011, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by x_25
Ask and ye shall receive. And if you can't tell it's a bit muddy around where I live.

I looked under my All weather rubber mat & it has that same rubber piece-it must come standard--the place where my carpet is worn is on the side of the transmission hump. I realized it is not my foot position while driving which caused the wear, but the way I place my right foot when I get out of the car.

Last edited by sooznd; 04-21-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:36 PM
I looked under my All weather rubber mat & it has that same rubber piece-it must come standard--the place where my carpet is worn is on the side of the transmission hump. I realized it is not my foot position while driving which caused the wear, but the way I place my right foot when I get out of the car.
That's interesting. Long ago I was doing the same thing, only the wear point was down on the tunnel enough to confuse the hell out of me. Just about took a session of self-awareness to figure it out.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Krimson- Yeah-- I noted the way I keep my foot on the gas with the Subaru and it is the same way on the Fit. My heel is on the mat, so there is no way the carpet could get worn. I paid attention the other day and realized I kind of launch myself out of the car with my right foot on the tranny hump. I need to make a conscious effort to change this.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:45 PM
I paid attention the other day and realized I kind of launch myself out of the car...
This made me laugh - I know exactly what you're saying.

I've taken to getting both feet out the door before I try to. Fit seating position lends itself to doing this.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:18 PM

who mounted the clips for the mats? looks like they are mounted too high..
how does your all season mats fit in with those clips? I thought they tip of the clip is to meet the edge of the rubber section on the drivers mat...not overlap it.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by x_25
I just got home with my brand new 2011 Honda Fit Base 5MT in white. I got out the door for $17.2k. Which is a little high for these but the dealer jumped through hoops to get me the exact car I wanted so they earned it. :yes:

I got the car with 113 miles on it but the salesman I was working with went and got the car personally from a dealership 50 miles away so that is right on the money with what I was expecting it to have.

I bought the car from Joyce Honda in Denville NJ and worked with Jamie Monge. Fantastic to deal with, both the dealer and the salesman.

I am loving it so far. I was reading the problems thread and it seems carpet wear is an issue. Mine came with a stuck on rubber mat in the drivers foot well. I don't know when they started adding that but nice of them to adress the problem. I will probably get weathertecks sometime though. I am in the break in period so I haven't gunned it yet but it sure handles nice. Big upgrade over my 1997 Civic EX coupe 5mt with 186,000 miles on it. (which will be going on the market soon).

And now the car.

congrats on your purchase, looks nice...i like the TW..easy to keep clean, doesn't show scratches and dents as much as other colors.
with the earthquake in Japan, fit supplies are running short at the dealers. The fit isn't a cheap car, since it's manufactured in japan, not in Mexico like fords fiesta

Old 04-22-2011, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
I'm trying to sell my 2010 Auto outright to get a 2011 Manual. Same color and accessories. I may end up trading it to save on tax if we can agree on price.

I hope the 0.9 for 60 continues.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:18 PM
REcap. went to the dealer to trade in a 98 Ford Windstar, 190,000 mi, not in great shape.

First offer $18,600 and my van. Came back with $17,000 and my van. I told them well I'll think about it.

Called me yesterday and asked me what I was thinking on the deal. I told them $16,000 and my van!

They called me this AM, and told me ok $16,000 and my van. I told them well your not really giving me anything for my van, I'll buy it outright for $16,000 out the door. The salesman said they will never go for that!

1 hour later the salesmen called again. He asked if I would buy the car today for $16,000 out the door. I replied yes, he said come and get it!

I ended up out the door for $15,938.40!! I can't believe they went for it. This is everything, tax,tags, title, fee's, documents, the out the door price with no trade!

So I have a nice new Alabaster Silver Metallic 2011 Fit sitting in my drive.

This is a Honda Fit 5Door base with automatic that listed for $16,849.00

Jim 0311

Old 04-23-2011, 03:03 PM
new '11

Just got home from picking up my new CBP Sport M/T. $18,200 out the door in Orlando, FL

Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Manual Base: $16,466.97 Total registered in VA

Just picked up the base/no options model in Fairfax, VA. Milano Red.

Just sayin'

Quick Reply: 2011 New FIt Buyer Thread! Check in here!