2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New 2011 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 AM
New 2011 Fit

Just bought my 2011 Alabaster Silver yesterday. The polished metal metallic is really cool but I was worried about the dirt factor since I have a long commute. Traded in an old Corolla for it. What I miss about the Corolla was the auto headlamps, louder horn, and less tire noise. Other than that, the Fit is simply awesome. I love the smooth ride, quick responsive steering and cornering. Drove into the parking lot and 2 neighbors stopped by to check it out. They both love the color. Going to drive it a little more today and try to break-in the engine for better MPG. I am going to add tinting to it today to reduce the greenhouse effect in anticipation of the summer heat.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:22 AM
congrats on the purchase! the PMM is an awesome color! when i wanted to purchase a civic si last year, i really wanted it in PMM.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 AM
what do you mean by auto headlamps? the Fit has automatic daytime running lights, is that not the same thing?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats- please post some photos. Did you get the Base or Sport model?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:12 AM
In Reply...

Yeah PMM is a really awesome color, but I have to be practical for my commuting needs. I think I have a decent deal on my Alabaster Silver 2011 Sport Model and made them throw in the center armrest console for free. CA tax was hard to swallow though. Also the dealership wanted to remove my floor mats and I told the manager HELL NO! They come standard now.

Fit has DSL, but not the same as auto headlamps where they will turn on automatically when the light outside is low, and switch off the moment I shut off the engine. I am just a little forgetful at times and depended on my Corolla to do them for me. Anyone knows if there is an aftermarket kit for that?

Also miss the variable intermittent wiper and the weak horn. I know there are DIY threads on how to get around these issues, but I think I will live with them for now

Old 12-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Typo

Pardon me, just woke up. I meant the FIT has DRL and not DSL
And I miss the louder horn on my Corolla. Other than that, the Fit is really a wonderful and practical car for my daily commute needs.

Will try to post some photos later when the frost on the windows melts.

Cannot wait to tint the windows. Still thinking what film I want.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
It's an easy mod to swap out the Fit horn for a louder one. There is info here on the forum for an Accord horn you can use.
Since you got the Sport model, does it have audio controls on the steering wheel? The Honda website lists this as a feature on the 2011 sport models.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 AM
No audio control on the steering wheel, just cruise control. Audio control only available with Navi if I am not mistaken. By the time I drove the car out of the dealership, it was all dark. So will get to explore it a bit more when the sun comes out and the frost melts off.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Would love to see a picture... don't just tease us.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Will grab a few photos once the frost melts off and before I bring it in for a tint. Looking at the fit during the day time makes it really look like a giant speeding fishbowl indeed. Love it !

Old 12-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Photos

Took some Photos of my 2011 Fit but do not know how to upload, please advise.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:23 PM
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...res-forum.html

Hope this helps..Would love to see the new fit.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:04 PM
getting my windows tinted was the first thing i did to my Fit. I went to a reputable shop that uses LLumar tints. They guarantee the tint and for it to be bubble free for the life of the car. And I guess thats a LLumar warranty cuz they said it good at any shop that uses LLumar in the country. I went w/the darkest FL allows, was about $190 total.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaFit4Fit
Fit has DSL, but not the same as auto headlamps where they will turn on automatically when the light outside is low, and switch off the moment I shut off the engine. I am just a little forgetful at times and depended on my Corolla to do them for me. Anyone knows if there is an aftermarket kit for that?
No auto headlamps, instead there's a chime that will sound under the following conditions:

No key in ignition
Lights on
Driver's door open

Almost as good, and standard equipment!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Photos of My 2011 Fit

Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Can't Upload Photos. Please follow Links

Sorry, I am still unable to upload the photos per the above instructions. The images are uploaded to imageshack but the URL link simply will not take. Keeps giving me broken links instead. If it helps the photos are at the below links.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Old 12-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by HondaFit4Fit
Sorry, I am still unable to upload the photos per the above instructions. The images are uploaded to imageshack but the URL link simply will not take. Keeps giving me broken links instead. If it helps the photos are at the below links.

fixed the broken links for you. i used a different image hosting site. imageshack seems to be broken?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Thank You

Thanks for fixing the photos for me. I have a couple of questions and hope the experts here can help. I am coming from a 2001 Corolla and I have taken for granted many little features from my old car that the Fit does not have. Don't get me wrong, the safety features, practicality and driving profile of the Fit far outweighs my outgoing car......still.....

1. The rear defroster does not turn off by itself, does it? So I have to remember to manually switch it off?

2. This is going to sound so silly. I can't see the front of the hood and so have some trouble estimating the distance from the car in front of me when I am parallel parking or pulling out of a tight spot. Is there some neat strategy that some of you use to guesstimate the distance?

Be happy to answer any questions anyone may have of the 2011 if I can be of help.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:45 PM
I have the same problem. I have to get my wife to get out of the car (she offered anyway) while I am parking and she will use hand signals to ask me to move forward. It is extremely difficult to judge if there is a curb in front of the car. The curb can wreck the lips. For my previous Honda accord, the lip is higher than the curb so I usually rammed my accord against the curb in front but not the FIT.. too low

Do you think would I be the laughing stock in town if I install parking sensors on the front and back bumpers of my FIT?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Ric, do not worry. If people laugh at you, they would be laughing at me too because I will be following suit with the parking sensors

Quick Reply: New 2011 Fit