2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

4 parts every modded GE JDM fit should have

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
4 parts every modded GE JDM fit should have

I've browsed hundreds of modded GEs on minkara.carview.co.jp over the last year and noticed a few trends that it seems a majority of JDM ges have on them.

Last Station Power Box Air Intake

Ubiquitous mod on GEs. So expensive, that I can't figure it out, but the word on the street must be that these are worth it.
Last Station Power Box Air Intake System GE Fit'

Hasepro Magic Carbon steering wheel insert

This mod is mandatory. By far the most popular little touch to make to your ride in the land of the rising sun. Nobody is safe. I got japanparts to add it to their list in red.
japanparts.com : PARTS DATABASE

Noblesse exhaust (various styles)

Rip off that Mugen, cause apparently it's shit. Noblesse is the way to go, if you follow the tune of many owners who've been through a few mufflers. Previously of popularity was by far the Kakimoto GT-Box, and it still is.

Pivot 3-Drive

Might be the second most popular addition to the car over there, and is popular in the US as well.
PIVOT RACING ONLINE STORE - all the latest Pivot Automotive Products from PIVOT Corp. Ltd., Japan

Notable Mention:
Last Station DIS (Direct Ignition System)

Must go well with their 47,250 yen intake (see item 1.)

J's front brace
coilovers
matched oem upgraded springs/dampers

Then, of course, you have the usual gadgets everywhere (in particular, a clock/thermostat) and touch screen head unit upgrade (also mandatory) that is too general to be notable.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Does anyone think it would look lame to add the red Honda emblems to my Milano Red Fit? I think the color should match exactly if doing red on red, otherwise it will look funny. Has anyone done this with thier red Fit?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
I've seen it done. As long as the red is surrounded by black, such as the case on the stock grille and rear trim piece, it shouldn't look too bad. I wouldn't do it, I don't think, but it wouldn't look totally weird. Here is a JDM example, but this sucker is wearing a Noblesse kit and a whole bunch of goodies.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I'm not sure if I should go red emblem or not. I agree that it would look nice if Milano Red is the exact same red, but I'm kinda doubting it is.

Is that ETC pictures above better than the one twpanson offers here on this forum?

I saw someone on this forum completely blacked out their emblem, and I kinda like that also, but it would take a professional paint application to keep it from chipping/flaking over time.

Last edited by Tauwolf; 12-23-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah, offset on that black grille works. I'm thinking I'll hold off doing the red on red grille. I could do the steering wheel. Maybe the red mugen rear-view mirror cover.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden

Which wing is that?

Old 12-25-2010, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by swflej1
Which wing is that?
J's Racing

Old 01-04-2011, 02:48 AM

who has this? and is it awesome?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:22 AM
I have the two books released for the FIT GD/E and there's shitload of stuff for both gens. Already ordered a few stuff in it

I'm considering this noblesse axelback... the fit is perfect unlike that of a sagging j's

Old 01-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
I have the two books released for the FIT GD/E and there's shitload of stuff for both gens. Already ordered a few stuff in it

I'm considering this noblesse axelback... the fit is perfect unlike that of a sagging j's
where did you get the magazines?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by ayau
where did you get the magazines?
Mitsuwa Japanese Market here in IL. There's a huge Japanese magazine/book store. I paid the cover price of the books which are $30 a book. It was ordered all the way from Japan.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member
Mitsuwa Japanese Market here in IL. There's a huge Japanese magazine/book store. I paid the cover price of the books which are $30 a book. It was ordered all the way from Japan.
Is that place still up by Elk Grove? I liked the older name, Yohan. I should stop by there on my occasional wandering trips.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
Is that place still up by Elk Grove? I liked the older name, Yohan. I should stop by there on my occasional wandering trips.
it's in Arlington Hts
Mitsuwa

Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? i went there a couple weeks ago and there was only options and options2 and motorcycle ones

did they have a lot? how do you order from the mags?

Old 01-04-2011, 10:59 AM
can anyone tell me more about the 3 drive?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
Pivot 3-Drive
Lol i think the best mod here is the business card holder.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:59 PM
it's in Arlington Hts
Mitsuwa
any chance you can take a pic of the spoon fit ge8 from the magazine?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm not really a modding type of guy for the most part but I'll review my thoughts here:

1. CAI is good for what? 1-2 extra hp to the wheels at best?
2&3. these seem mostly aesthetic to me which if you are into that sort of thing makese sense
4. allows you to affect the throttle? seems kind of neat. anyone tried this out?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by ayau
any chance you can take a pic of the spoon fit ge8 from the magazine?

Old 01-04-2011, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zymo
I'm not really a modding type of guy for the most part but I'll review my thoughts here:

1. CAI is good for what? 1-2 extra hp to the wheels at best?
2&3. these seem mostly aesthetic to me which if you are into that sort of thing makese sense
4. allows you to affect the throttle? seems kind of neat. anyone tried this out?

1. With nothing else done? 1-2hp at the crank. Maybe. Throttle response will change though which is nice. Some extra intake noise as well.

2/3 Not my cup of tea, but to each their own on cosmetics

4. Akin to a lighter flywheel, but install is a little easier

The best mods you could do to your Fit (for a performance enthusiast) would be:

Put the car on a diet

Tuning hardware.. AFC, FIC or similar lap top tunable device, otherwise the stock ECU just adjusts based on abnormal sensor feedback, giving you no gains for your expensive parts.

Light weight stock size wheels with light, soft tires in a 50 or smaller aspect ratio.

Throttle controller

Colder spark plugs

0w Oil

Lightweight flywheel with a light pucked clutch disc

Clutch Delay Valve delete for GD's, or new Clutch Master Cylinder for GEs

Brembo rotors with Hawk HPS pads or similar Password rotors, and duralast pads, or EBC would work fin as well, and Motul Dot 4 or 5 fluid. Maybe some SS lines for the track guys.

Beefy rear sway bar

Chassis Bracing, frame and in cabin

Shielded/boxed short ram intake

4-2-1 exhaust manifold

Highflow Cat or B-pipe depending on your emissions requirements

Nice straight through resonator (or 2) and a quiet free flowing muffler.

Depending on how you drive the car, a big cam and springs from Bisimoto could be worthwhile. For a purely street car, you should keep the stock cam.

This is about the most I would bother with on an N/A Fit as they would yield the most significant results vs. cost and then there is the law of diminishing returns, which is a real bitch on engines this small.

Which is why I would hold off on most of that, save your money and just boost it.

Where you might squeeze an extra 15-20hp at the crank out of a 4.6L V8 Mustang, a 3.8L GNX, or a 5.7L Vette for a given mod, you would be lucky to see 5hp on our 1.5L SOHC's and as things become more efficient gains are harder to come by.

Quick Reply: 4 parts every modded GE JDM fit should have