2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

OEM all weather floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 PM
OEM all weather floor mats

So after only a week of "cut to fit" floor mats, I've decided to go with the OEM all weather ones. I can't take the sliding, drives me nuts.

My question is, who has the best price on the OEM all weather mats? I've seen them for 100 with shipping on ebay... has anyone seen them for a better price?

Thanks,
Sean
2010 Taffeta White Sport

Old 12-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Got them for $81.70 with free shipping from Curry Honda (ebay). Best deal I found with 5 minutes of searching the internet.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:41 AM
thanks bigbody, I saw they are having a sale today too. Thats the best I found as well. I'm gonna buy myself a set today.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Shipping was fast too. Bought them late last week and they were at my door on Monday.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I used Bernardi, tho' I don't know where their prices are at the moment.

A tip; the passenge side mat doesn't have the floor hooks that the driver's side uses.

Epoxy a chunk of velcro (the sticky side won't hold) to the bottom of the mat. Use the 'hook' part. It will stick to the carpet, and keep the mat from endlessly sliding forward.
Moon

Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
my dealer thought i was crazy when i told him i wasn't interested in the OEM all weather mats. he changed his mind when he saw the fit of the weathertech mats. they're awesome.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
I really like the way the weathertechs fit the front, but I think the oem all weather are better in the rear--they are larger and cover more space.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:09 PM
If you don't use the rear much get weathertech.I've had 2 set's of both OEM and each time I went back to the digital liner's.I won't buy OEM's from Honda again($200 down the drain).

Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spt118psu
So after only a week of "cut to fit" floor mat, I've decided to go with the OEM all weather ones. I can't take the sliding, drives me nuts.

My question is, who has the best price on the OEM all weather mats? I've seen them for 100 with shipping on ebay... has anyone seen them for a better price?

Thanks,
Sean
2010 Taffeta White Sport
I know this is quite late but just after the December vacation the dealer installed floor mats in my Fit today...the problem was that I wanted the carpet floor all-weather floor mats. They did not have the carpet mats in stock to swap out. I guess there is nothing advantageous than using the weather tech ones. Any difference on these floor liners?

Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 AM
A lot of people use weather tech digial for the front and OEM for the back. it's due to weathertech rear doesn't cover as much as the OEM one does.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:08 PM
My wife got me the OEM all season mats for x-mas. I was very impressed with the side of the rear mats. The fronts seem to be perfect for me as well. I like to stick to OEM when I can.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Over the holidays my daughter pointed out that the OEM rear all weathers tend to slide forward and effectively blocking warm air from reaching the rear floor. Chilly feet.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Over the holidays my daughter pointed out that the OEM rear all weathers tend to slide forward and effectively blocking warm air from reaching the rear floor. Chilly feet.
Tell her to sit still.

I'd ask my rear passenger if he noticed this, but his response would be "woof".

Old 01-03-2012, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Hook &loop (velcro) available at your hardware store.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
I know I'm one in a few of people on here that don't like them-- at least the drivers floor mat. Over the course of two years with my shoe placement I burned a hole in them. The material is really weak and tears easily! The rubber needles on the bottom tear off so easily it's kind of a joke... Other than it being weak, they do look nice.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 PM
OEM All Weather Mats

I totally agree - I was a little disappointed when I received the OEM all weathers because they weren't as sturdy as I thought they would be. The $20 set of floor mats from Costco I put in my wife's car were a thicker grade of rubber.

I bought the Honda cargo floor liner as well, and that was even thinner. I remember "back in the day" when OEM stuff was much more robust and justified the high cost.

I've never seen WeatherTech mats in a car before (besides in pictures) so I'm curious to know how well they work.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 PM
anywhere sell the OEM all weather mat rear only??

Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by raytseng
Hook &loop (velcro) available at your hardware store.
I'm going for this, rears and front passenger side as well.

Schoat I told her to take her boots off and let the 'warm' air get to the cold feet, it worked ;-)

Thanks guys.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Schoat333
Tell her to sit still.

I'd ask my rear passenger if he noticed this, but his response would be "woof".
LOL
My rear passengers can't touch their feet to the mats to move them, but they sure can kick the front seats & get them dirty. Glad I have seat covers!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I made the mistake of purchasing the OEM all weather floor mats. The first time it snow the snow from my shoes melted and rolled off the mats and onto the carpet. They provide no real protection for the carpet. Just got my weathertech floor liners yesterday, they fit great and look like they can hold a gallon of water!!!

Quick Reply: OEM all weather floor mats