2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

OEM all weather floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by micven55
I made the mistake of purchasing the OEM all weather floor mats. The first time it snow the snow from my shoes melted and rolled off the mats and onto the carpet. They provide no real protection for the carpet. Just got my weathertech floor liners yesterday, they fit great and look like they can hold a gallon of water!!!
I usually knock the snow off my shoes before putting my feet inside (sit with feet sticking out, knock shoes together, turn and put feet inside).

to some, it may sound a bit anal, but I don't like having a puddle in my car. Even if it is being held in all-weather floor mats. Any amount of water on the floor annoys me.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:30 AM
lol. here in seattle we don't have snow yet. but the rain is killing me LOL..

any good place to get the rear itself??

Old 01-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
I usually knock the snow off my shoes before putting my feet inside (sit with feet sticking out, knock shoes together, turn and put feet inside).

to some, it may sound a bit anal, but I don't like having a puddle in my car. Even if it is being held in all-weather floor mats. Any amount of water on the floor annoys me.
Nothing anal about it at all. It's the same as swiping your boots off before coming inside. I learned this trick years back. I used to bang my shoes on the lower door frame. Kicked a hole though on my old Audi Fox. Clapping your feet together keeps the inside clean no matter if it's rain, snow, mud or sand. As someone else on here also found out, it can also save on carpet wear ;-)

Old 01-07-2012, 11:54 AM

I do too, but on snowy days when you're getting in and out of the car often it's inevitable that enough snow will get in to start puddling up.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:59 PM

I do the same. I told my wife to kick the snow of her boots the other day, but she thought it was a good idea to kick her feet against the car, instead of eachother. That turned into an argument real quick.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by chinkieboy
anywhere sell the OEM all weather mat rear only??
did you ever get an answer to this?