2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

RCA inputs on 2009 Fit Sport Stereo? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by fitsburgh_steelers
line out converter

I installed one in my fit so I could run a sub and amp with the stock stereo. That was a pretty simple affair, just had to use an exacto knife to tap into the speaker level wires behind the stereo.

Also, external usb drives are an awesome way to save all your music and have it available. I have about a 250 gb western digital refurbished hdd that I picked up from new egg for under 40 bucks. I've got 85 live shows from a few of my favorite bands, and hundreds of albums in mp3. I love how it instantly resumes where I left off when I start the car. I still have a ton of space free to add more music, if I can ever get around to converting my cd library. To each his own, I guess.

But the line out converter will allow you to connect the device you are talking about to the car stereo.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH>>>>>> GYAT DAM ive been looking for hours for your one simple answer... thanks for the link too. GYAAAADAYYYUUUMMMM

Old 01-06-2011, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
how would you install one of those scosche loc80?

Old 01-06-2011, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by revealajb
Originally Posted by fitsburgh_steelers
line out converter

I installed one in my fit so I could run a sub and amp with the stock stereo. That was a pretty simple affair, just had to use an exacto knife to tap into the speaker level wires behind the stereo.

Also, external usb drives are an awesome way to save all your music and have it available. I have about a 250 gb western digital refurbished hdd that I picked up from new egg for under 40 bucks. I've got 85 live shows from a few of my favorite bands, and hundreds of albums in mp3. I love how it instantly resumes where I left off when I start the car. I still have a ton of space free to add more music, if I can ever get around to converting my cd library. To each his own, I guess.

But the line out converter will allow you to connect the device you are talking about to the car stereo.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH>>>>>> GYAT DAM ive been looking for hours for your one simple answer... thanks for the link too. GYAAAADAYYYUUUMMMM
Just to be sure... using a "line out"... on the stereo? the way that fitsburgh_steelers describes it... you're NOT using the stereo... but bypassing it and connecting straight to the speakers.