2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Official Honda Accessories 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Thumbs up Official Honda Accessories 2010

So i've been talking to a few people about accessories for the Fit and thought i'd put out to the group to discuss about them.

Reference:
2010 Honda Fit

Based on an average drivers use and living in a moderate climate this is what i've picked which are useful, recommended or perhaps not the best idea.

Bold comes with Sports Package
* is recommended
? adds functionality possibly a good idea if it's with-in price point
x adds style but not function or is waste of cash (imo)

ENTERTAINMENT
? USB Adapter

EXTERIOR
? 16" Alloy Wheels
x B-Pillar Trim Kit
? Body Side Moulding
x Car Cover
x Door Edge Film
? Door Visor Kit
? Engine Block Heater
? Fog Lights
x Front Grille
x Full Nose Mask
x Hood Edge Deflector
? Locking Wheel Nuts - Unexposed
x Rear Bumper Appliqué
? Rear Tailgate Spoiler
? Rear Splash Guards
x Chrome Exhaust Finisher
? 2-in-1 Touch-Up Paint Brush / Pens
? Touch-Up Paint Pens

INTERIOR
? Cargo Organizer
? Trunk Edge & Bumper Protector
* All Weather Floor Mats
? Armrest with storage compartment
x Cargo Cover - Shelf Style
x Cargo Net
x Cargo Net Tie Down hook
* Cargo Tray (folds flat, not mentioned on page)
Carpet Floor Mats (stock item)
* Door Switch Panel
x Interior Front Meter Visor Trim Kit
x Interior Illumination
x Shift Knob - MT, Leather
Side Outlet Panel (don't even know what this is)
x Side Sill Garnish
x Sport Pedals - MT
x Steering Wheel Cover
x Ashtray Cup Holder Style

Myself personally when I bought my car I got the Sports model with the Protector Package I (all weather mats, cargo tray & rear splash guards). I regret getting the cargo net as it doesn't have any functionality so far. I might get the locking wheel nuts and the folding cargo tray (if I can return the net). I'm fence sitting about the door visor kit as I live in a rainy city.

I picked up THIS mount for my iphone which I have on the dash. It has a low profile and doesn't block visibility.

I've also been using the Blueant v4.0 bluetooth device for hands free which works really well, though there is a tiny bit of a learning curve.

How about you, how did you outfit your fit (no pun intended) for easier / helpful use?

Old 11-14-2010, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
I got the clear nose mask, rear cargo tray, cargo cover and all weather mats from the dealer when I bought my Fit.
I ordered the door edge trim, door sill protectors and rear bumper protector online & installed myself---pretty easy to do, although the door edge trim can be tricky. All of these items will help protect the car a bit & keep it cleaner.
Check out Zeta products as they have some nice accessories at great prices. You can get the door sill trim at very good price & a better bumper protector from them. I also bought their armrest which is fine for my purposes and half the price of the OEM Honda one.

Zeta Products

Best prices I have found online for OEM Honda accessories are on Ebay and at Bernardi Parts and College Hills Honda. I bought the door visors last summer on Ebay, but have not yet installed them.

Bernardi Parts

College Hills Honda

Have fun accessorizing your Fit!

Last edited by sooznd; 11-14-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Splash guards?

Sean- you mentioned you got rear splash guards for your Fit--I thought these could not be installed on the Sport model?

Old 11-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
Best prices I have found online for OEM Honda accessories are on Ebay and at Bernardi Parts and College Hills Honda. I bought the door visors last summer on Ebay, but have not yet installed them.:
Brilliant! Btw Tidewater blue here too

Old 11-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
Sean- you mentioned you got rear splash guards for your Fit--I thought these could not be installed on the Sport model?
Yeah I had read that too originally but oddly enough the when I ordered the Protector 1 package from the Honda dealership it came with them. Protector 2 package is the same minus the rear splash guards.

I can take a snap tomorrow if you want to see them in action.

Perhaps this is a change for 2010 models or they did a small mod on them to make them fit though they didn't say at the time. Unsure, all I can say is my rear is guarded on splashes.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
I'd love to see a photo of the rear splash guards installed - I had them on all four wheels on my Subaru & they really helped keep the car clean from snow and stuff- but was told they could not be put on the Sport model. If I could get the rear ones, I'd like that since winter is coming & we usually get several snow falls.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Rears work, fronts don't.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
I got my rear splash guards from Bernardi, they sell just the rears especially for us Sport peeps!

Honda Splash Guards - Rear (Fit, Fit Sport) - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

I guess the front part of the side sill acts like a splash guard, maybe that's why they don't make front ones for the Sport?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
I just bought a Fit Sport, and wheel locks were included in the offer, multiple dealerships offer them for free, and I got the cargo-shelf included as well. If you live in a high property crime area like Vancouver, having something that can cover up what might be in your hatch area is a good idea.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
OEM parts and accesories

If you are looking for a great site to get OEM parts check out CFLHonda I got all my parts there so far and they were the lowest on price. Say hi to Dan. He posts on here occasionally. I found them when I decided to get the keyless for my base. I have bought a lot more OEM stuff from them since! I am about to begin a process of taking my base and making it a Mugen fit. I messed up the bumper and that pushed me over the edge since I had to replace the bumper anyways, why not do what I wanted and put a sport bumper on it and get the Mugen exterior accessories? So I am slowly getting the Mugen parts as I can afford them. Integrating the fogs will be fun too... I do plan on starting my own thread once I have all the exterior parts so others can share my experience. -Ray

Old 04-26-2011, 03:28 AM
I bought an aftermarket armrest and now I'm selling it. I need the space it takes up for my kids to control the stereo with their iPods. If anyone is interested it's a mod of a popular model. Item number for eBay is 140539840052

Old 04-26-2011, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member

I remember back in 'nam, this one early morning we put the agent orange in Private Jackson's Cheerieos. Just a typical hazing ritual, until he actually ate the Cheerieos before we could stop him. He was never the same afterwards. I recall as he was in his death throes he mumbled something about 'dealer accesories.... so excitied... can't... wait to... pimp... Scion... ugh...' and then he passed away. To this day I can't seem to decipher what he meant. Maybe he was having a vision from the future?

Anyway, that was my intitial reaction to the thread title. But I can see there is a pupose here, so I digress. I didn't even buy the floormats personally.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 04-26-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 AM
I got a Blue Sensation Fit Sport. I just recently installed the sport pedals, door sills, and the rear apillque on the bumper.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sean mcquarrie
Yeah I had read that too originally but oddly enough the when I ordered the Protector 1 Package from the Honda dealership it came with them.

Perhaps this is a change for 2010 models or they did a small mod on them to make them fit though they didn't say at the time.
What came with your "Protector 1 Package", and from which dealership? I would also be curious as to whether they made mods/changes to the splash guards, or anything else for that matter.

PLEASE let us know details, and provide pics of your add-ons/mods ASAP, if possible. I'm about to purchase some of those items and don't want to regret any of the purchases.

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
What came with your "Protector 1 Package", and from which dealership? I would also be curious as to whether they made mods/changes to the splash guards, or anything else for that matter.

PLEASE let us know details, and provide pics of your add-ons/mods ASAP, if possible. I'm about to purchase some of those items and don't want to regret any of the purchases.

Thanks!

Sean- Did the dealership install splash guards on the front, too? I recently installed the rear splash guards on my Sport & they do not need any modification. They "fit" perfectly.