2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

A few questions from a new GE owner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Exclamation A few questions from a new GE owner!

First,

Thanks in advance for the help!

I need to know which coilovers for the GE have camber plates on top... I need both camber plates and bolts to run the low offsets I plan on running...

Also, are the shims the only way to camber in the rear? I see that -2 is about as far as I can go... Any other ways? Id prefer not to pull/flare the rear if at all possible...

I would like to purchase Mugen visors, but dont know the BEST place pricewise and legit to get them... I found some on Ebay that said they were real, but I question it due to the price (55 + shipping)

Is there a list of all Mugen parts and where to get them?

And the last question

I have an 09 with 24k miles... Its Auto cause I got a good deal on it and its slow anyway... But, during shift changes it FEELS like the tranny is slipping... The motor revs up about 500rpms before it shifts... Anyone know whats up with that? I took it to Honda this morning and they said it was NORMAL!?!?!?! The reason it does it is to apparently reduce the amount of feel you get from shift changes... It does reduce the feel of shift changes, but seems WRONG and its annoying... Any feedback would be awesome!

Thanks guys for all the help and cannot wait to get to know you all

This is my 16th Honda and 19th car all together Ive done some crazy stuff to my cars and plan to go all out with the Fit ...

Old 10-31-2010, 02:44 AM
No answers

I went ahead and ordered D2 coilovers *since they have camber adjustments* and got the SPC camber bolt for the front...

I still need to order the rear shim for camber adjustment but cannot find one for the 09...

Any help would still be appreciated

Old 10-31-2010, 02:54 AM
wish I could help. wait a while tho... you should get some response as a few here are in the same overs as yours.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by Cl9lover
First,

Thanks in advance for the help!

I need to know which coilovers for the GE have camber plates on top... I need both camber plates and bolts to run the low offsets I plan on running...

Also, are the shims the only way to camber in the rear? I see that -2 is about as far as I can go... Any other ways? Id prefer not to pull/flare the rear if at all possible...

I would like to purchase Mugen visors, but dont know the BEST place pricewise and legit to get them... I found some on Ebay that said they were real, but I question it due to the price (55 + shipping)

And the last question

I have an 09 with 24k miles... Its Auto cause I got a good deal on it and its slow anyway... But, during shift changes it FEELS like the tranny is slipping... The motor revs up about 500rpms before it shifts... Anyone know whats up with that? I took it to Honda this morning and they said it was NORMAL!?!?!?! The reason it does it is to apparently reduce the amount of feel you get from shift changes... It does reduce the feel of shift changes, but seems WRONG and its annoying... Any feedback would be awesome!

Thanks guys for all the help and cannot wait to get to know you all

This is my 16th Honda and 19th car all together Ive done some crazy stuff to my cars and plan to go all out with the Fit ...
Re: shift changes...

You say this is your 19th car altogether... have they all been manuals?

When the torque converter unlocks, the engine speed jumps by about 500 rpm... is this on all shifts, or just when downshifting to pass? It's not unusual when downshifting to have the TQ unlock, see a climb in engine speed, followed by a gear change.

That's my only thought on that. I have no need or desire to muck around with the suspension, so I'll leave that to the low-rider gang when they show up.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Occam
Re: shift changes...

You say this is your 19th car altogether... have they all been manuals?

When the torque converter unlocks, the engine speed jumps by about 500 rpm... is this on all shifts, or just when downshifting to pass? It's not unusual when downshifting to have the TQ unlock, see a climb in engine speed, followed by a gear change.

That's my only thought on that. I have no need or desire to muck around with the suspension, so I'll leave that to the low-rider gang when they show up.

The majority have been - But Ive had standards and have never seen this type of shifting before...

Its when shifting to the next gear... It does it whether I use the Sport mode or Drive.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
First,
Is this price better for you?

Click here.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
I'm guessing the lack of responses may have something to do with this...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...eak-horde.html

Old 10-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Most Mugen stuff on Ebay is knockoff, fake. If you want to ensure you get legit Mugen parts you're better off buying from an authorized dealer, King Motorsports, JHP etc. The dead giveaway is the price. Real mugen stuff is really expensive, ie ripoff.

IIRC you can't do the shims on the rear of the GEs only the GDs. The hubs are bolted on the GD, whereas its a single unit all together for the GE. In order to change the rear camber you'd have to get the JDM rear torsion bar for over $1000. There's a thread around here on that.

Read this:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...endations.html

Old 10-31-2010, 07:00 PM
FMl - I'm gonna be running 16x9 +14s in the rear with no adjustment . Wish I had known this. Lol. Guess I'll be pulling my fenders

Old 10-31-2010, 07:06 PM
And just for the record I'm not trying to be annoying and I know it can be when so many people ask the same questions. Just wanted honest advice from fit owners.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome Trace. There really is an ass ton of info on this site. Like I said before though, I dont know much about the GE8 and aftermarket. However look on the forum for all the independent vendors that make things custom for the GE8. Lotta nice stuff.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks man -

Tried searching, but for some reason couldnt find much of anything at all on my questions...

Sucks about the rear camber, but Ill just pull the rear.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
what do you mean "pull the rear?" like replace the rear with something? and yeah the search engine on this forum SUCKS.

Im doing this to my rear suspension

rear cantilever. you can pretty much run what ever size you want in the rear. also puts all the sprung weight above the suspension. its beautiful and track sex.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Nice -

Pull the rear fenders... I have to flare them a little since I cannot camber...

Old 11-01-2010, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
The rear won't experience the same camber changes as the front, and since it also doesn't really do anything except keep the rear end of the car from swinging out, I think you can get most of your grip back through non-camber related changes. Those are really wide wheels and low offset, so I'm assuming handling isn't really the top priority here, right?

Edit: Oh, you are wanting more negative camber to tuck with?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
The rear won't experience the same camber changes as the front, and since it also doesn't really do anything except keep the rear end of the car from swinging out, I think you can get most of your grip back through non-camber related changes. Those are really wide wheels and low offset, so I'm assuming handling isn't really the top priority here, right?

Edit: Oh, you are wanting more negative camber to tuck with?

Exactly... I could care less about handling/speed aka getting rid of my G35 for a Fit lol!

I already ordered my coilovers and camber bolt - I have the BBS wheels... I just need to slam that shit and roll the fenders... I was hoping to be able to adjust the rear with shims, but no-go with that one haha!

Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
i had a shop adjust my suspension but im pretty low on my rims and i dont have to flare so just get skiny tires???

Old 11-01-2010, 07:03 PM
welcome trace! lets get to work bro!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by jdmgd4
welcome trace! lets get to work bro!
Thanks Freddy!

I ordered my D2 coilovers/Camber bolts
Gotta get those in =)

Still searching for the Mugen visors at a "decent" price...

How did they "adjust" your rear? You have a GE right? I have fairly small tires as it is *205/40* so I dont think going smaller is an issue haha!

Also - What is the difference between the Mugen sides and the Sport sides? I cant really tell any difference at all....?

Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 PM
How did they "adjust" your rear? You have a GE right? I have fairly small tires as it is *205/40* so I dont think going smaller is an issue haha!
I have a GD model

What is the difference between the Mugen sides and the Sport sides? I cant really tell any difference at all....?
I dunno for a GE but I have an idea for your sides...i'll pm you on it

Quick Reply: A few questions from a new GE owner!