2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Does it ever get old?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Does it ever get old?

I've had my '09 Sport for about 14 months now and I just can't get enough of it. I look for any excuse to go run errands. Even if it involves taking my mother in law home....count me in! But even if I have nowhere to go, I will just sit in the garage staring at it, checking the engine out or even just reclining the seat and enjoying the still present new car smell. Hell, while laying down in the car, I even managed to find a hook over the left rear passenger side that folds up to hang clothes that I didn't know we had.

All I can say is I love my Fit!

Old 10-28-2010, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
it hasn't gotten old for me yet, i had a GD and when i sold it three years later to help a friend that wanted a fit but didn't wanna buy new, i still got excited to just drive it. Then i picked up the GE and i love it even more, sure there a couple things i wish i had from the GD but all in all i will wait till the next gen Fit comes out to get that feeling all over again for the third time!

Old 10-28-2010, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde
But even if I have nowhere to go, I will just sit in the garage staring at it, checking the engine out or even just reclining the seat and enjoying the still present new car smell.
Good to know yours still has it.

Even with me and my GD the appeal hasn't waned...although I do miss my 16" wheels. Aibo looked more special with them.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
After 15 months of ownership, my Altima 3.5SE was the car I rode to work in.

After 15 months of ownership, my Fit is the car I DRIVE to work in.

(actually the Altima was the car I rode in at about 5 or 6 months... LOVE my GE8)

~SB

Old 10-28-2010, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
No way, I've had MzFiT for 2 1/2 years and still take a peak out of the window @ her in the driveway! Ya I got it worst than most. I love tinkering with it change this and that some things I like & others I take off and try something else.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Since my garage has a pretty eclectic bunch of vehicles, I get to compare the Fit with everything from her ladyship's Audi, which is fast, smooth, comfortable, and quiet, to my Jeep, which isn't any of those things.

The Fit is a wonderful round-town hopper; it's not bad on a 100 mile trip, and it's great for hauling bulky things. It's not my choice for a really long trip, tho' I'm sure it can do it. A buddy almost my age has taken his to the beach.
It feels like a cross between a long departed CRX Si and an even longer departed Civic... It showed up two years ago when the price of gas hit $4 @ and I didn't want to keep using the Jeep as my DD.
I don't adore the Fit, but it gets lots of credit for its practicality and its frugality; every now and again I get an urge for a Mini, but there's not much it does better, and some things not so well. The Fit is hard to beat for the money, and I plan to keep mine a long time.
Moon

Old 10-29-2010, 12:35 PM
It got old for me. I still miss my Fit from time to time but I'm definitely glad I made the decision I made.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:46 PM
nah, but my poor lil' mule is getting the sh!+ kicked out of it, I use it for absolutely everything, couldn't love it more.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Mine is only getting old because of everyone putting it down all the time. I love driving it, I love the versatility, but I hate the insults.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:12 PM
It will eventually. I've gotten a lot of new cars, and each time, it is amazing. Then, I start to notice little things, and become smitten with another vehicle.

There are only two cars that I've seriously missed - my first car ('92 Accord 5-spd) and my Wrangler (Its a Jeep Thing)

My goal is to pay this one off early, and keep it long term. If I have to make the choice between a car payment and no car payment, it will be harder to convince myself that it's no big deal to trade. And then, if I want something else for kicks, I can buy an old beater and keep it until I get bores with it, and keep te Fit as my sensible, reliable runabout.

I'm thinking an old VW or MG.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Not only do I love my 09 Sport MT, but I wouldn't buy any other Honda right now, or Acura for that matter. If it weren't for this Fit I would migrate to some other brand.

As for long trip driving, I just came back round trip from LA to San Francisco and it was completely comfortable for me, as well as averaging 43.6 calculated mpg, which included some city driving, sections of strong head winds, some A/C and doing mostly 73 mph. Not bad.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Long distance Trek on a Fit

I got my Fit the end of May &I still love love love it!
the only other car I have felt this way about was a 1992 Toyota Corolla AWD wagon that I bought used.

I took a cross country trip from Colorado to the East coast in September--added 4500 miles to the odo & it was very comfortable for me.
I averaged high 30's mpg going 70-80 mph, with a 30 lb trailer hitch and mountain bike on the back.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
i know what you mean... i go to my parents house like every weekend now so i can enjoy the long ride in the fit lol.

so far i put about 16k miles on the car.. and i redline it about once every day

Old 10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Had my Fit since Feb 09. Practical, Reliable, Good MPG's, Cheap (or paid off in my case) and just plain fun to drive doesn't get old to me. The Fit is just good at too many things to get rid of.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by polaski
Mine is only getting old because of everyone putting it down all the time. I love driving it, I love the versatility, but I hate the insults.
^^ I know what you mean. At the end of the day though, I have more money in my pocket that I'm not using on fuel. It's still an impressive car, and I love it!

Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
It's fun to drive, and then I look at how much room it has, and the fuel economy on TOP of that, and it's a keeper in my mind. I go through a car about every 14 months, so I hope to keep the Fit for a lot longer than that, and start adding to the collection instead of replacing.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Be right back. Gonna go to the garage to have a smoke and pet the my Fit.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Not only do I love my 09 Sport MT, but I wouldn't buy any other Honda right now, or Acura for that matter. If it weren't for this Fit I would migrate to some other brand.
Agreed. I don't know what Honda is smoking these days but only the Fit/Jazz genuinely piques my interest in the current lineup, and the outlook of future models isn't very promising either.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde
Be right back. Gonna go to the garage to have a smoke and pet the my Fit.
WHAT? YOU SMOKE AROUND YOUR FiT? what about second hand smoke man?

lol

Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
WHAT? YOU SMOKE AROUND YOUR FiT? what about second hand smoke man?

lol
I have the front and rear garage doors open for ventilation...DUH!

Quick Reply: Does it ever get old?