2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JDM Vs USDM Side by Side comparison

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
To me the North American model looks like Barbara Streisand, it has a huge f'n beak on it and the profile shot makes it look really goofy looking to me. It was the reason I didn't buy one when I was on Guam, when I saw it at the Honda dealer I was like what the hell did they do to the GE? It's somewhat hideous to my eyes when compared to the real GE8. The comparison above has the lower end 1.3 model which has an entirely different look to the GE8 RS and as noted above, just has hubcaps and not real wheels. From the front the Sport looks nice to me, but even then I still prefer the RS front end, not the one just released though, that one looks like somebody was just trying to hard to make some sort of change. They changed everything though, even the headlights are a different shape slightly which also means the fenders are different.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
To me the North American model looks like Barbara Streisand, it has a huge f'n beak on it and the profile shot makes it look really goofy looking to me...
Lol! I don't know about the "Babs Streisand look" analysis (Streisand alone, with those idiotic opinions of hers, are enough to make any sane person run the opposite direction), but I agree with you about the USDM GE8 extended front end. Still, I like my USDM GE8... big nose and all!

I'd definitely rather have the shorter JDM front though. I know Honda has their reasons, but even though they perceive America to be more conservative, that in no way extends to the tastes of many of those who purchase, or would purchase Fit-like rides. I'd say over half the peeps I speak with who would own a Fit would want them for [at least] some minor modding, if not completely Fit Freaking them.

Honda should let go of some of that conservative auto model design for the U.S.

I'm with you... I pretty much like JDM better than USDM.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:02 PM
me too, i prefer the jdm version. the usdm fit looks like a minivan. and with the usdm fit, you're pretty stuck with the mugen theme. unlike with the jdm, you'll have dozens and dozens of themes to choose from, there is mugen, spoon, j's, noblesse, ings, etc etc.