2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

iPod USB Connection

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Question iPod USB Connection

I've had my Fit Sport for 6 days now and I see the issue with the selection of folders on the audio system.
Having 1200+ main folders (it grows daily) scrolling to the end or "Z" folder is a pain.
My question is: Does the audio system have firmware and if so will they change the scroll to include backwards was well as forwards?

It would also be nice if they (Honda) would create an option to select folders by using the numbers.

However, trying to remember folder numbers is problematic in itself, unless you never add any music and how much fun would that be.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
you should be able to scroll backwards and forwards through folders, but cannot jump to one. Can't remember if you hit the up arrow or the side arrows, but I know I can do it.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks sooznd, I guess I need to play with it on the way home...ah I mean when I get home.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I messed with the controls on the audio unit and have had no joy.
sooznd I can't find the button or controls for the unit to let me scroll "artists" starting with "Z" (going backwards).

Does anyone else remember the controls or the sequence of button manipulations.

Thanks for your time!

Old 10-05-2010, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Navigating an iPod is a nightmare and there is NO way around it. it is HIGHLY doubtful that honda will ever update the stereo firmware (if it even can be) as they've never done it before (I don't think they've even done it on NAVI units, let alone a base stereo). If your primary function for the radio is iPod Connectivity, you need to begin looking at alternative solutions such as the Kenwood KOS-A300 or a parrot MKi9200. Alpine also has the EX-10 which also has bluetooth.

Or Ridgeline had No iPod control so I added a Harman Kardon Drive+Play so my wife could use her iPod in the car. it works GREAT and has excellent sound. it cost me $20 at TJ Maxx as it was a clearance item. It put the full iPod control on the dash. - I have photos on cardomain linked through my sig-pic. (obviously for the ridgeline, not the fit)

~SB

Old 10-05-2010, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenpoist
I messed with the controls on the audio unit and have had no joy.
sooznd I can't find the button or controls for the unit to let me scroll "artists" starting with "Z" (going backwards).
Does anyone else remember the controls or the sequence of button manipulations.
kenpoist-

Thanks for your time!
ken- I had my ipod in the usb a couple of weeks ago and lately have been listening to music on my flash drives, so don't recall exact navigation.

You push in the center button on the middle knob and then turn the knob right or left to go from album-artist-playlist, etc.
I remember getting frustrated with this and then selecting random and just listening to whatever came up & skipping over songs I did not want to hear.

I am still trying to figure a way to have it play songs in the sequence I want --I wish it would play them in the order I select on my itunes on my computer.
I will go out and try it again tonight to see if there is an easier way.