2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Newbie... Could use some HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Exclamation Newbie... Could use some HELP!!!

How you doin peeps. I have a Purple 08 Honda Fit Sport (automatic) and i want to start doing some customizations... Only thing is, i dont know too much about cars and dont know where to start. I was thinking to start with the usual, like rims and sound system but if im gonna start doing mods i really want it to be perfect... I may not know specifics but i do know what i like

1. Black and Green. Definately want that to be the color scheme outside an in. Dont really have any ideas with regards to designs for the paint job or if i want to fade black to green or whatever. Could use some pics for some inspiration though

2. Lamborghini Doors. Call it lame but i just like it (probably wont happen anytime soon though)

3. Hid headlights with green foglights dont know about tail lights

4. I definately want to drop it... Just dont know how much. Im scared of dropping to low and causing damage going into steep drive ways or speed bumps or even parking blocks.

5. Performance is my weakest point but i do like fast lol . My friends say intake and exhaust are a given but beyond that ima wet match in a dark cave

6. Rims... I know... pretty straight forward but my question is how big? 17" or 18"??? And will it effect my ride quality if i go too big (18") as some people have told me? Also would want it to look flush with the rest of the car... how do i go about doing that?

Any way i know that was long but i would appreciate some help with a gameplan of where to start and how to follow up, from some of you more knowledgeable people out there. Im definately excited to get under way.

By the way if this looks familiar its because its the same thread i did before... i just put it on the wrong forum lol... dont mean to repeat stuff (for those of you who already read it)

Old 09-13-2010, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
First of all... if you are in an 08 model year, you likely have a GD3 so you'll want to check out the GD3 (1st Gen section) On to your points:
1. I'll skip it - color is personal preference... I like simple.
2. good luck with that. not my bag but the kits are out there for a reason.
3. ONLY do a retrofit of projectors. Don't get the Crap aftermarket HID's that blind the living daylights out of everyone else and look like junk. makes the car look cheaper than the stock halogens. they also REDUCE the amount of visible light so if you drive in dark areas, your visibility will be worse than with the stock halogens. (more light does not mean more visibility - it's only if the light is well aimed that it improves visibility) - DO NOT cheap out here. (HID's in reflectors is ghetto and laughable)
4. Don't drop it too much. 1" would be good.
5. Good luck with performance. there's not much for the GE8 but if you have a GD3, you are a little better off. the best you can do for performance is lighten the car, especially the wheels. 12lb wheels at each corner is a DEFINITE bonus. I/H/E (GD3) I/E (GE8) will net you a few hp but not as much as in most any other car.
6. See the above. LIGHTWEIGHT is important, especially in this car.

~SB