2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit wins comparison Test, C&D

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
Oh the Forester is the popular one--it is the Outback wagon and the older Legacy wagons that you mostly see around here, because of the AWD and our winters--it is a good all around car for the weather.

your link says Subaru is a gay-friendly company. I would have guessed Prius would be popular, but don't know Toyota's policies.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:47 AM
The Prius? It doesn't have much going in the way of style. For couples that are almost invariable DINK, it seems like BMWs, Infinitys, and more stylish compacts (Mini) are way more popular with the gay community.

The fit is the car of choice for 50+ women. (my mom liked mine so much while visiting in December that she bought her own when she got back to Florida)

Old 09-10-2010, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B-Blue
The Duratec series engine was a collaboration between Ford & Mazda, there not just Mazda engines.

Agreed. But they were certainly superior to their all-Ford predecessor.

So what? The only thing the Focus had that was American was the Ford logo. It was designed in Europe, built in Mexico, and built thousands. Wont matter to the consumer where it's built because it say Ford, and to them, its American.
I'm sure there are a large percentage of (short-sighted) buyers who see the Ford logo and buy without knowing the facts. (the same phenomenon exists among voters at election time, but that's another topic for another forum).

But at the same time there are many patriots who would buy a Fiesta IF it were built in the states rather than Mexico. I have friends employed in the domestic auto industry who are die-hard protectionists. (somehow we're still friends. Go figure). They say they'd rather buy a Honda built in North America than a Ford built in Mexico. Apparently this is a sentiment shared by many of their co-workers too. Here's hoping Honda decides to start building Fits here.

Last edited by Aviator902S; 09-10-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
The Prius? It doesn't have much going in the way of style. For couples that are almost invariable DINK, it seems like BMWs, Infinitys, and more stylish compacts (Mini) are way more popular with the gay community.

The fit is the car of choice for 50+ women. (my mom liked mine so much while visiting in December that she bought her own when she got back to Florida)

HA HA- Occam- I am in your Mom's age demographic. Fit is cute, Fit is dependable, Fit is versatile/practical & holds as much or more than my old Subie wagon. Not to mention affordable.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I read the article. Pretty fair. Though they always put a nav fit and claim all fits are these expensive.

I did drive a Mazda 2 at a dealership and it is a sweet ride. The shifter is super cool. It is tossable, indeed, something like a miata. I also looked at the Fiest in person but did not test drive it. it is just like all other fords.

The rear seat in the fiesta is cramped beyond belief, i at 5'8 didnt have enough head room in the back seat. The front dash is hard to use. They also seem to immitate fit in many aspects but it's a very bad immitation. It's hard to explain, just subjective feel in the driver's seat is much more natural and comfortable in the Fit.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:45 PM
The Fit is cute for sure.. chicks dig mine

Old 09-11-2010, 02:07 PM
ecl
5 Year Member
Fits are cute hehe, people always want to pet it!